What's new

US doesn't want to arm Pak against India: Obama to Zardari

Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
"I'm guessing that won't sit too well with the Russians. Wonder what they'll do about it? And which will India side with: US or Russia? "

India is likely to maintain a non-aligned stance. It did so in the past (when India was far weaker). Now India is far better placed.

Just another cautious move from India. If US doesn't give hi-tech weapons, than it should not be a problem for India.

hahhahaha man... now India dictate US that how US make her foreign policy LOL.... who even not capable to make good quality stadium for international sports LOLZ @ INDIA and Obama's so called super duper India favour statement LOL

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your reasoning is really funny!!! India can't built a stadium good enough for CWG and India calling US to stop arming Pakistan against India!!! :lol: Try something better.

Originally Posted by muse View Post
"In the years past I had argued that Pakistan should seek better relations with the US -- but now, 10 years on from 2001, I think it's fair to ask very forcefully about the substance of these relations - to my mind, there is no substance short of F16's - and I'm so over that - All of Pakistan's problems are essentially problems the US cannot help even if it wanted to help with.

Good commercial relations with US for sure, but no security or strategic relations, please. "

Sir,
As in many of your posts, you have got it absolutely correct. And you have IMHO summarised what has bedevilled American-Pakistani relations over the years.
It is'nt even a recent phenomenon- the genesis goes back to the 1960s. Somehow, while helping USA to pursue its own interests, Pakistan seems to have lost sight of her own future.

I think India will do what they did about religious views- call themselves secular even though they may be a religious majority.

Well, it's their choice, they can take a neutral stance, it should have been what Pakistan did with US and Taliban

"... we do not want to be part of arming you (Pakistan) against India, so let me be very clear about that," Obama, who
assumed office in January 2009, had said.

To his remarks, Zardari responded saying: "We are trying to change our world view but it's not going to happen
overnight."

What a pathetic response by Mr. Zardari. If I was President of Pakistan I would say, in case of war we will use all resources necessary to defend our nation and defeat the enemy.

Pakistan made more sacraffices than any other nation in this War OF Terror, more lives have been lost in Pakistan after 9/11 than any other place on earth, through Pakistan's ports are American soldiers getting their supplies, Americans cross the border into Pakistan freely without having any respect for Pakistan's sovereignity.

And it makes me sick to my stomach that American leaders kiss *** to india when india didnt even make 1/10th of the sacrafices Pakistan made in this war OF terror.

What a pathetic response by Mr. Zardari. If I was President of Pakistan I would say, in case of war we will use all resources necessary to defend our nation and defeat the enemy.

Pakistan made more sacraffices than any other nation in this War OF Terror, more lives have been lost in Pakistan after 9/11 than any other place on earth, through Pakistan's ports are American soldiers getting their supplies, Americans cross the border into Pakistan freely without having any respect for Pakistan's sovereignity.

And it makes me sick to my stomach that American leaders kiss *** to india when india didnt even make 1/10th of the sacrafices Pakistan made in this war OF terror.

pakistan offered their self to u.s and u.s is utilizing you in the way they can.now u are complaining for this.

We dont have enough air lift capability to rescue our own people from floods..why will we want to go to war with India??? Obama's intestines are in his head!

The meeting was in 2009, but he is referring to a future indo-pak war.

With all of obama's love for india im reading, I dont think any kind of US presence in South/Central Asia will be in Pakistan's best interest.

Even if Pakistan cuts its left arm for US, the leaders of US will always run to india and may even help india in a future indo-pak war. Have you forgotten Bill Clinton? Today's Democrats focus a lot on South Asia and they love india. Republicans dont really care about South Asia much, their focus is more on the Middle East (Isreal, Iran, Iraq, etc).

Somehow, while helping USA to pursue its own interests, Pakistan seems to have lost sight of her own future.

Some even think that helping USA pursue it's interests was the totality of Pakistan's purpose, it's reason for being.

But you know to be fair, it's not the US' fault that Pakistan are unable to define, assert and pursue her interests. Some friends have suggested that Pakistan's relationship with China is fundamentally different from the one with the US - but I would highlight one single issue and argue that it reflects what we have discussed before, Pakistan's inability to define, assert and pursue her interests: You will note that China has offered Pakistan to raise the level of trade to US$15 Billion - Isn't it incredible that China has to push Pakistan to raise the level of trade with it - It seems it has not occurred to Pakistani planners that Pakistan can and ought to put a dent into the business India, Pakistan's adversary, does with China, Pakistan's Ally - isn't it incredible? I find it incredible, you know like that truth is stranger than fiction, Man bites dog, type of quality.

I think nature of China-Pak friendship is of true mutual benefit. I hope we don't get some idiot wit corrupt politician making it the same as what the US-Pak relationships have been

But it's all about the intention too. I see it that US made us slaves (they've 'cancelled friendship' when they got the job done time and time again), China made us friends (we did a lot to earn that friendship).

Yea - the nature is like that at the moment. But in ALL your wars against India - has China provided you any tangible military support? India is a big market for Chinese goods and it continues to grow. In case of a real armed conflict, the most you can expect from China is condemnation of India and diplomatic support for yourselves.

what r they offering India,u still dont know,M777,P8I,Globmaster,Super Hercules and more in the list,where does pakistani weapons supplied by U.S stand before it

If something is more advanced doesn't mean the other goodies are age old!!

definitely arms transfer is done for business,nobody is saint here to provide top class weapons for free

what is that u consider best weapon,which r gifted free,for love of partnership,what partnership r u talking about,they r using as their henchmen,thousands of ur soldiers r dead which is not even actually ur war

from the weapons they r providing u,they r using it to re routing their money back into their country which they provide to u as gifts and aid's

U still din't get me, I was also saying exactly the same thing to you.

and u r all over drooling over this age old weapons,compare this with what they r offering India and u will see the reality

As you said US had new tech on offer to India and age old for Pakistan.

US is offering goodies to Pakistan because it needs to benefit in WOT and similarly its offering India to benefit its own defense industry.

US is not showing generosity or favor to any one, they are selling India for money and selling Pakistan in return for support in war!!
Both the countries are paying back but in a different way.
Its all a game of interest!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by IMADreamer

"... we do not want to be part of arming you (Pakistan) against India, so let me be very clear about that," Obama, who
assumed office in January 2009, had said.

To his remarks, Zardari responded saying: "We are trying to change our world view but it's not going to happen
overnight."

The reply should have been, "We are fighting a war, not of our own. So we should be reimbursed to the very last penny, at least for the material losses."

We can all be sure Mr. Zardari is finding creative ways of being reimbursed --

But really, a mercenary state? That's what you want for Pakistan? You'll fight someone else's war but for the right amount of money?? And you have a problem with Zardari? Really?

We can all be sure Mr. Zardari is finding creative ways of being reimbursed --

But really, a mercenary state? That's what you want for Pakistan? You'll fight someone else's war but for the right amount of money?? And you have a problem with Zardari? Really?

So you agree that PA is a mercenary army?

We are already fighting this war from past one decade, Now in 2010 I have no time machine to go back and undo the mistakes of our Governments and the only way out is the way forward, and for that there are two options peace with Taliban or fight till they are defeated.

Also, what else is there to be said at such a situation ??? We always have complains with one thing that we have bargained very low!!

Isn't it!!! So what else is left there to say ?? Considering being in Place of Zardari!!

"The last president was a fool and I after two years on Presidential seat today woke up and I say WE Quit !!! "

We always have complains with one thing that we have bargained very low !!

Goodness gracious me! It seems that slimy Hussain Haqqani was right in describing Pakistani mentality as being that of a rug trader.

Materialistic, please do think before you write things - maybe Pakistan is run as if it was a rug traders outpost and not a country, can't blame any damn Ferenghi for that.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom