What's new

US doesn't want to arm Pak against India: Obama to Zardari

and same time US want arm india against pakistan. pakistaniyoo ab to aqal ker lo.

and same time US want arm india against pakistan. pakistaniyoo ab to aqal ker lo.

i dont think there will be any more war b/w india n pak.india wants economic progress and pakistan needs to get away from u.s n start to think abt progress.this is not a time to be involved in war.

This is true.

This, in my opinion, marks the end of Pak-US military and defense relationships forever (unless Pakistan doesn't learn this time).

Last time, they wanted us to do things. Now they want to neutralize a some threats in the area as well as get profit- and you get the rest ;)

I seriously think another war with India will only bring bad.

Or perhaps it will bring good, in either victory or defeat- it may cause a revolution.

PS. I also think it's likelier that Pakistan will get involved in small scale conflicts in the region rather than India-Pak or bigger Arab conflicts for the time being.

Look, how about we do what we can for ourselves and our interests - leave the Afghan to his American, he will bite the American the first chance he gets, it's "fitrat".

In the meantime, lets concentrate on stuff we can do for ourselves, economy, Economy, Economy, security, the expansion of the state into society by way of legalizing (rule of law), extending rights and responsibilities and SERVICES.

See, if Pakistan can exert a strong enough economic draw, the American can do nothing in Afghanistan -- just remember everything the American does in Afghanistan is through Pakistan - lest change that if you want ot see changes in Afghanistan - The American is preparing Kyrghyzistan and Tajikistan for next chapters of "create ethnic strife, get OK to intervene - on humanitarian grounds, of course - and stay"

Aah, I see what you mean...

Economy, stability and advancement in our own industry would be the best thing to do- if Pakistan becomes a regional superpower, influence in Afghanistan will naturally increase.

We gotta get out of US's affairs for a bit as well as stay out of war (see my last post) and fix ourselves up...

What the heck is wrong with you guys? They get to arm both sides and you don't see anything wrong with this picture? Last time they did that more than 1 million Iranian and Iraqi were killed -- think!

Its not just the arms that we are looking for. India's relationship with the US goes deeper than that. Thanks to our economic credentials we aren't just a military partner and don't intend to remain one. With billions of dollars worth of investment by US companies in India and vice-versa, its in US and India's interest to deepen their relationship.

True, US may want to use India against China; after all China is the only challenger to their super-power status right now. But I would give us more credit than to be fooled by US' talk of "India being the third most powerful country". I think we are smart enough to avoid the US' trap, get our economic and defense relationship going and at the same time keep our old friends like Russia.

Whatever US hopes to do with India, hope it doesn't go as they wish it to go or who knows what'll happen!

its a simple game. US has intrests,Long term Intrests with india. Its US partner in The Great game in central asia.
its plainly stupid to expect from US.

a good ally is china. we should develop good relations with Russia. we wasted a good and sincere country in cold war but its time to strengthen our relations with it.

Good you are considering the relationship with a good friend of us... but you know what.. we dont like that friendship to happen :partay: :D...

Age old?????
F-16 C/D, AMRAAMS, AIM9, HARPOONS and those howitzers are age old???

What are they offering India?? Anything for the love of strategic partnership!!! They are offering weapons for money isn't it!! Would they transfer even a single bullet unpaid?

what r they offering India,u still dont know,M777,P8I,Globmaster,Super Hercules and more in the list,where does pakistani weapons supplied by U.S stand before it

definitely arms transfer is done for business,nobody is saint here to provide top class weapons for free

what is that u consider best weapon,which r gifted free,for love of partnership,what partnership r u talking about,they r using as their henchmen,thousands of ur soldiers r dead which is not even actually ur war

from the weapons they r providing u,they r using it to re routing their money back into their country which they provide to u as gifts and aid's

There is a difference between friendship and dependence. Pakistan has become so dependent on foreign aid and IMF loans that they have no choice but to comply with American demands. The way Pakistan is now suggesting that they ally to the same level with China - 30 years down the line your kids might be arguing about how China is bullying you and pushing you. Self Reliance is the only way forward - it is nice to have allies but not so nice when you are on the wrong side of a master-slave relationship.

There is a difference between friendship and dependence. Pakistan has become so dependent on foreign aid and IMF loans that they have no choice but to comply with American demands. The way Pakistan is now suggesting that they ally to the same level with China - 30 years down the line your kids might be arguing about how China is bullying you and pushing you. Self Reliance is the only way forward - it is nice to have allies but not so nice when you are on the wrong side of a master-slave relationship.

I think nature of China-Pak friendship is of true mutual benefit. I hope we don't get some idiot wit corrupt politician making it the same as what the US-Pak relationships have been

But it's all about the intention too. I see it that US made us slaves (they've 'cancelled friendship' when they got the job done time and time again), China made us friends (we did a lot to earn that friendship).

We dont have enough air lift capability to rescue our own people from floods..why will we want to go to war with India??? Obama's intestines are in his head!

Back
Top Bottom