What's new

US considered operation inside Pakistan to rescue American soldier

Now that the US did not carry out the op , Pak posters are attempting to take credit for it !

All ops & especially cross border ops are not knee jerk Gung Ho type ops. They are deliberated carefully and executed only if time is at premium/ critical or no other alternative is available.

In this case , had the US intervened the NS Govt would have fallen. This is not in the US & world interests.Besides, they found another way to get what they wanted.

For those who find it despicable that an exchange took place it would be worth noting that a now credible back door link has been established which will pay dividends in the days ahead.

The FACT Is he was in Afghanistan :) so there was NO use of operation inside Pakistan.

The FACT is that he was released in exchange for a GOOD number of top Taliban prisoners from Gitmo ;)

end of the story in the meanwhile he enjoyed his Christian festival/s and sports with Taliban while in prison

This relates to back in 2009, when they considered going in Pakistan, not now. There was another news that it was Pakistan that facilitated the release of the soldier via Doha.

You will never know the full details.

The FACT is that he was released in exchange for a GOOD number of top Taliban prisoners from Gitmo ;)

Well the question now becomes if the US pulls out of Afghanistan what happens to the Gitmo prisoners?

I'm guessing they will be released to their respective governments. Who probably are going to set them free.

So they got the US guy out alive before the inevitable.

Well the question now becomes if the US pulls out of Afghanistan what happens to the Gitmo prisoners?

I'm guessing they will be released to their respective governments. Who probably are going to set them free.

Except that many governments are refusing to accept back their own citizens, claiming revocation rendering these detainees stateless. Nobody wants these criminals, so six less in Gitmo is a good thing. It would have been better with more transferred, so that USA can close Gitmo as soon as possible.

Oh boy, let me tell you something, we are talking about same mike mullen and leon panetta, who carried out the so calld unilateral op in Pakistan to kill obl, so they must have had the guts to do it again, right? So why did they not do it??
It's explained in the OP. They didn't want to sour relations further with Pakistan. They did so for OBL, but one low ranking soldier was not considered worth the effort and diplomatic price.

Are you disagreeing with me? Are you saying that USA is afraid of engaging Pakistan militarily?

As if PakMil wasn't involved in the OBL operation!! The whole drama was carried out with the consent, rather collaboration, of PakMil.

Incorrect, the Army forward bases were provided ANZA MK III's to engage American Helos only after Salala massacre by American Gunships, on the contrary nothing happened post OBL.

And all with our permission and blessings.
Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel any better. But if that was true, Pak and USA would have acknowledged the same, so as to save Pak from charges of impotence, and USA from charges of violating yet another muslim country's sovereignity. The fact is that USA uses its drones to blast Pak based militants to smithereens, and there is nothing that your military can do about it.

My friend GOVT in Afghanistan doesn't really agree with you. They feel they are tipped of there. US struck this deal without Afghanistan and Pakistan which is counter productive. On one hand US supports the Afghan GOVT and on second you release there enemies without having any consensus.

that Sydney is a real piece of work
how shamelessly he refuses to accept the Pakistani diplomacy in helping with the release of the American captive.

damn if we help damn us if we dont.

reminds us of Mullah Bradar's arrest .. when he got him.. some chronic Pakistan haters blamed us for disrupting the peace efforts with taliban (same peace efforts Pakistanis were advocating) and the same elements were blaming Pakistan for not taking action.

on one hand Americans started to open channels with Taliban the same thing was frowned upon when Pakistan was doing it and it was propagated as "links" and "relations". hell even DGMO's of hostile countries keep "links" by these standards.

it was that backdoor diplomacy that eventually helped the Americans to open peace talks with Taliban and get an honorable exit. something that Americans grudgingly accept when the Taliban offices were opened in UAE but some on purpose play it down or deny it.
the entire Waziristan was made a Drone bombing ground and had the soldier been there he would have been easily picked up. whoever their captives were, doesnt matter, (for the sake of sensationalism just agree they were Haqqanis although you are being unfair to other Taliban groups who played their part in bringing USA to negotiating table).

the guy remained in Afghansitan until his release which might have happened anywhere which was convenient for the parties. TTP would have killed him not out of hatred for Americans but out of hatred for Pakistan in order to cause difficulties for Pakistan and invite more hostilities.

Bowe definitely had a different story to tell hence he has been taken away from media and his release "celebrations" have been called off.
reminds me how Indians started propaganda about ill treatment of a former Indian spy who rubbished those claims in interview at Wahga he started praising Pakistanis and he was forced to shut up with a ludoo in his mouth,

Oh boy, let me tell you something, we are talking about same mike mullen and leon panetta, who carried out the so calld unilateral op in Pakistan to kill obl, so they must have had the guts to do it again, right? So why did they not do it??
because Bowe was not there
he was kept in Afghanistan

So the Americans traded prisoners of war。

I thought it was Americans’ policy that that they would never ever compromise with the Talibans。:oops:

Incorrect, the Army forward bases were provided ANZA MK III's to engage American Helos only after Salala massacre by American Gunships, on the contrary nothing happened post OBL.

US troops were ready to enter Pakistan to secure Bergdahl's release - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Quote from the above news:

Sedney said that after the operation against Osama bin Laden in Abottabad, matters had become more difficult as US relations with the Pakistani army had already deteriorated.

He said the Pakistani army had issued orders that US helicopters should be shot down if they were seen flying on its territory.

He spent a considerable time in FATA too.
of course he did. define considerable by the way.
that automatically means we were hosting the hosts that were hosting him
I refuse to accept that Americans suddenly were reluctant to send troops to rescue him from the place that was constantly being targeted.

guilty by association. guilty as charged. even though he was safely repatriated with his country
the 23 FC soldiers were not so lucky who were beheaded in Afghanistan... what does it make ANA and ISAAF?
I have lost the count how many times our soldiers and civilians have been abducted and taken to Afghanistan and executed there. why same accusations against the Afghan regime and Americans be absurd?

which he can speak his mind and doesnt have to read a doctored statement.

Pak army was also ordered to shoot down any planes from America if they enter Pak after OBL fiasco..
Neither possible nor wise. Not possible as the target area was deep inside Waziristhan where the PA has yet not been able to reach. So the question of shooting down a chopper doesn't arise.

Unwise because if a chopper had been brought down by the air force or army, the riposte by the Americans would have been swift and destructive.

US troops were ready to enter Pakistan to secure Bergdahl's release - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Quote from the above news:

Sedney said that after the operation against Osama bin Laden in Abottabad, matters had become more difficult as US relations with the Pakistani army had already deteriorated.

He said the Pakistani army had issued orders that US helicopters should be shot down if they were seen flying on its territory.
Sedney is a bullshiiter .. Abbotabad set up a precedence.. Americans had infiltrated in the past as well in the same area. it was all to easy to go there since the military and its intelligence was humiliated due to failing to discover and capture OBL itself.

of course he did. define considerable by the way.
that automatically means we were hosting the hosts that were hosting him
I refuse to accept that Americans suddenly were reluctant to send troops to rescue him from the place that was constantly being targeted.

guilty by association. guilty as charged. even though he was safely repatriated with his country
the 23 FC soldiers were not so lucky who were beheaded in Afghanistan... what does it make ANA and ISAAF?
I have lost the count how many times our soldiers and civilians have been abducted and taken to Afghanistan and executed there. why same accusations against the Afghan regime and Americans be absurd?

which he can speak his mind and doesnt have to read a doctored statement.

All I would take from the situations that you mentioned is that the entire region, on both sides of the border, needs to be cleaned and the writ of respective governments established. That is all, Sir.

Sedney is a bullshiiter .. Abbotabad set up a precedence.. Americans had infiltrated in the past as well in the same area. it was all to easy to go there since the military and its intelligence was humiliated due to failing to discover and capture OBL itself.

I still wonder where al-Zawahiri will be found.

Neither possible nor wise. Not possible as the target area was deep inside Waziristhan where the PA has yet not been able to reach. So the question of shooting down a chopper doesn't arise.

Unwise because if a chopper had been brought down by the air force or army, the riposte by the Americans would have been swift and destructive.
stop responding to single brain celled kids

you rascal .. let him go..

All I would take from the situations that you mentioned is that the entire region, on both sides of the border, needs to be cleaned and the writ of respective governments established. That is all, Sir.
All you should take is that I am happy and relived that he is safely back with his family
he looks like a nice chap.

Back
Top Bottom