What's new

US blocked transfer of Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan

Look at all of this through the lens of the long game. (The China problem)

Does any of this really surprise you?

The US needs India. Pakistan will be thrown to the curb. (overly simplified)

I HOPE Pakistani military planners understand this fact and plan accordingly.

In terms of PAF, must move on from American systems. Needs to find a source for
qualitative needs ASAP. Otherwise, run the risk of falling behind in capability should
there ever actually be hostilities.

Russia, China, or Europe. Buy something already.

are europe and russia realistic options ??

People specially those from our Eastern flank are reading too much into this.....no joy for you characters.
The US may have blocked the transfer of F-16s from Jordan but has the US refused to sell the aircraft provided we finance them.!!!
The transfer doesn't benefit US unless we get them upgraded in America however selling directly to us for hard cash is in US interest....keep in mind the issue of Eight F-16s which has become bone of contention.

One the non NATO ally status is revoked,
buying anything from US will be difficult.
Remember F-16 in 1990 ?

What the US is doing is making life increasingly difficult, along with India.

It was good if we can have upto100 f16s somehow, but there is no regret now ,as we have our own platform which can defend our air space .better to invest in block 3 and buy new platform

A blessing in disguise. Go get some J-10bs from China then.

PAF favours inducting combat proven aircrafts. It could be a good idea to get a few here and use them against TTP on western front.

Hi,

I think it is about time that we EXECUTE the last 5 ACM's of Paf for getting us in this spot---.
It is too harsh of you sir. Our overall strategic planning, both at national and international level must be addressed, thats I think. Overall management machinary should be loyal to Pakistan and efficient, top management comes and goes.

The AH-1Z arrival or absence will not do anything to the capabilities of the Pakistani Army. Similar capabilities can be found elsewhere in Turkey and Russia. Anyways, 11 pieces are nothing.

Unfortunately AH-1Z do provide with hellfire ATGM and other technology which current gun ships don't have so yeah they do enhance PA capabilities. Other platforms will take longer to induct and have trained pilots.

T129 is a great option with similar capabilities but a new and expensive platform.

Youngman---how else the fck the message could come---the americans have refused---.

Hi,

I think it is about time that we EXECUTE the last 5 ACM's of Paf for getting us in this spot---.
Yes uncle ji....any opportunity to jump on the band wagon and crucify PAF.
You were refused earlier models in the 90s yet some years later received the latest versions with a package that even USAF Commanders have acknowledged and commended PAF for it.
BTW, while there maybe some issues surrounding Viper fighters, the Viper Gunships have already started arriving in Pakistan.

PAF favours inducting combat proven aircrafts. It could be a good idea to get a few here and use them against TTP on western front.

Better option would be to go for a sqd or two of chinese Shenyang J-11B series... would serve as deep strike,superiority and naval roles perfectly.

Im sure russia can be pacified...

Wow... so now you are reached to 35%. Earlier you used to say that only 45% available.
Even half of those 65% can take on your A.F.

Btw, Su-30's availability can be taken to 80% during war time. So worry abt your teens.
Seems you have serious comprehension issues, read my post again.....slowly.....35% grounded and not operational is what i said....and do point out where i mentioned the 45% figure.
Our teens have much better record than your Makhis (MKIs)... both in combat and safety.

We don't need those F-16s anymore. I am sure JF-17 block 3 will be much better than those old Jordian F-16s.

China must have reverse engineered it by now.
Why China reverse engineer F16 parts. Does China has F16??? Please don't be stupid that all your problems will be solved by China. China as a friend might help you but you have to try to do something yourself.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom