What's new

US blocked transfer of Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan

PAF fleet is seriously under threat to remain a effective detterant.

USA has utterly ruined that credible detterance with sanctions , and blocks to get spare upgrades and new fighters.

As for Pakistan buying at FULL PRICE for a new block 52 out of their own Pockets usa knows it is not happening

FOR THOSE SAYING USA LOST PAKISTAN ,,, I suggest you look at the F35 order book to 20+ airforces ............yeah you got it its worth $200 billion ....... THATS JUST F35

I do not believe they will lose too mucvh sleep over 8 to 10 f16 FPR RELATIVE pennies in contrast

THIS IS A MASSIVE STRATGIC CHANGE ------ I'm don't think most Pakistanis realise the effect of NO USA backing for PAF and its govt is going to have long term especially in a conflict with india

All usa diplomatic support
Global real time satalite intel
spares and parts
And even special forces advice will be supported and approved to india

I think USA is itching to get INDIA on side

Before you end up eating yourself, i suggest you find out how much US is actually keen to have India on board....it will keep you in your deserving place aka on a short leash.

https://newsclick.in/index.php/us-defence-firms-dont-want-transfer-technology-india

PAF fleet is seriously under threat to remain a effective detterant.

USA has utterly ruined that credible detterance with sanctions , and blocks to get spare upgrades and new fighters.

As for Pakistan buying at FULL PRICE for a new block 52 out of their own Pockets usa knows it is not happening

FOR THOSE SAYING USA LOST PAKISTAN ,,, I suggest you look at the F35 order book to 20+ airforces ............yeah you got it its worth $200 billion ....... THATS JUST F35

I do not believe they will lose too mucvh sleep over 8 to 10 f16 FPR RELATIVE pennies in contrast

THIS IS A MASSIVE STRATGIC CHANGE ------ I'm don't think most Pakistanis realise the effect of NO USA backing for PAF and its govt is going to have long term especially in a conflict with india

All usa diplomatic support
Global real time satalite intel
spares and parts
And even special forces advice will be supported and approved to india

I think USA is itching to get INDIA on side

Very well said. Most Pakistanis haven’t come
to terms with this basic fact.

India will be to the US what Pakistan was to it during the 1950-80s. A bulwark against China. Pakistan was supported and armed to first settle the Vietnam war and then to deal the fatal blow against the soviets in Afghanistan. Now it’s india’s turn to help deal with China. The US will help India defang Pakistan and its other main local headaches. Pakistanis (military establishment) still think they can turn things around around. US issue with Pakistan is not about terrorism. It was never about terrorism. But Pakistanis have been duped into buying the smokescreen.

Very well said. Most Pakistanis haven’t come
to terms with this basic fact.

India will be to the US what Pakistan was to it during the 1950-80s. A bulwark against China. Pakistan was supported and armed to first settle the Vietnam war and then to deal the fatal blow against the soviets in Afghanistan. Now it’s india’s turn to help deal with China. The US will help India defang Pakistan and its other main local headaches. Pakistanis (military establishment) still think they can turn things around around. US issue with Pakistan is not about terrorism. It was never about terrorism. But Pakistanis have been duped into buying the smokescreen.
Can India resist the "Kung-fu" kicks to begin with???? As for India's nutriluzing Pak, what are nukes for??? As for US's nutriluzing Pak, hasn't the MIT study, done during Bush 2 presidency, already shown that if Pak goes down the world goes down with it???? And, were neocons were in love with Pak??? And, hasn't Russia/China activated NK to operational mode????

Can India resist the "Kung-fu" kicks to begin with???? As for India's nutriluzing Pak, what are nukes for??? As for US's nutriluzing Pak, hasn't the MIT study, done during Bush 2 presidency, already shown that if Pak goes down the world goes down with it???? And, were neocons were in love with Pak??? And, hasn't Russia/China activated NK to operational mode????

No one thinks Pakistan will resort to nuclear attack within 72-hours of initiation of hostilities. The Indians are banking on this. During this time, the Indians aim to maul the Pakistani forces and deal a devastating blow on both its psyche and ability to react. This is the whole rationale behind a limited war and to be brutally honest, Pakistan has number of serious conventional capability gaps which the Indians are very well aware and have been planning to exploit. Just look at their recent acquisitions after the Mumbai attacks. Starting with their sophisticated spy satellites designed to eavesdrop on military communication and monitor movement of troops and equipment. To the Rafael deal and host of other stuff. Truth is Pakistan is a pretty bad shape and India knows this is its best chance to strike

No one thinks Pakistan will resort to nuclear attack within 72-hours of initiation of hostilities. The Indians are banking on this. During this time, the Indians aim to maul the Pakistani forces and deal a devastating blow on both its psyche and ability to react. This is the whole rationale behind a limited war and to be brutally honest, Pakistan has number of serious conventional capability gaps which the Indians are very well aware and have been planning to exploit. Just look at their recent acquisitions after the Mumbai attacks. Starting with their sophisticated spy satellites designed to eavesdrop on military communication and monitor movement of troops and equipment. To the Rafael deal and host of other stuff. Truth is Pakistan is a pretty bad shape and India knows this is its best chance to strike
Hasn't Pak already activated TNs to that effect??? And, I am pretty sure if India is spying on Pak then China is doing the same on them!!! With the Chinese eye to grab AP etc. and subsequent acts, I don't think India will go into another adventure!!! Otherwise, would China have put her eggs on CPEC??? As for India's preps, even the best 2 tanks they sent to Russia for competition broke down in the middle of the ride!!! Conjectures aren't simply in India's favor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Even turkey wanted pakistani pilots to train their pilots on their f-16's, U.S vetoed it even.
From where pakistan will get spare parts of f-16 during war ?
Spares were still coming in the 90s, even after the two batches of ordered aircraft were blocked. The sortie generation was still at a high level as pilots were doing around 150-200 hours per year on the aircraft, just the OCU squadron reduced the intake slightly.

Hasn't Pak already activated TNs to that effect??? And, I am pretty sure if India is spying on Pak then China is doing the same on them!!! With the Chinese eye to grab AP etc. and subsequent acts, I don't think India will go into another adventure!!! Otherwise, would China have put her eggs on CPEC??? As for India's preps, even the best 2 tanks they sent to Russia for competition broke down in the middle of the ride!!! Conjectures aren't simply in India's favor...

I don’t buy that Pakistan has access to China’s spy satellites. The Chinese are quite receptive to American pressure anyways and might be dissuaded not to escalate the conflict by assisting Pakistan. The war will happen within a specific locality of India’s choosing. They will be careful not to escalate the conflict as doing so is not in its favor.

The bottom line is Pakistan’s planners and intelligence must be very alert and plan accordingly and are able deliver devestating blow to the enemy exactly where it hurts the most.

Look at all of this through the lens of the long game. (The China problem)

Does any of this really surprise you?

The US needs India. Pakistan will be thrown to the curb. (overly simplified)

I HOPE Pakistani military planners understand this fact and plan accordingly.

In terms of PAF, must move on from American systems. Needs to find a source for
qualitative needs ASAP. Otherwise, run the risk of falling behind in capability should
there ever actually be hostilities.

Russia, China, or Europe. Buy something already.

Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif has said that US blocked transfer of used Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan.

Watch after 1:19:00.

never been a supporter of NS and his party including khwaja asif. However, lots of applauds for this guy to put the narrative very strongly. He did a good job in my opinion.

As far as US is concerned, this is a grand regional chess game. Pakistan have to make right moves or else we will just stay a pawn. And i am afraid this time the game will rather be going towards checkmate, no stalemates anymore. As far as f16s, haqanis and everything else is concerned, it's not about them; it never was and Americans, Indians and Afghans know that and so should we.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom