What's new

US blocked transfer of Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan

And what has Pakistan done to fix this lobby problem? There are hundreds of very successful Pakistani-Americans including billionaires who own hedge funds and NFL teams with considerable political connections. For instance, Mansoor Ijaz and Shahid Khan owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Not to mention the huge number of Pakistani-American doctors, engineers, technologists, entertainment etc. Pakistan has failed to utilize these people. Normally, you have your embassy working to connect and guide these people to lobby on key policy issues.

But regrettable, you either sent Husain Haqqani a treasonous guy who is currently helping formulating most of the extreme anti Pakistan legislation or some grossly incompetent people who lack basic working of diplomacy.

In Washington D.C most of the bright Pakistani professionals in policy circles have been adopted by sinister elements and they pursue anti Pakistan goals. I can list number of names. It’s time to admit the very obvious self-injury done to Pakistan’s own interests by Pakistanis and its government.

Completely agree with you, and that exactly is the case of Pakistan's embassies in Europe. In middle east, for that matter, India have, by-design, made recruitment companies who hire Indians only on key administrative positions and later they use them for lobbying for indian interests. Pakistani show runners in bureaucracy, govt and other policy makers only concern when outside of Pakistan is to enjoy perks and the one inside are illiterate to the core.

Completely agree with you, and that exactly is the case of Pakistan's embassies in Europe. In middle east, for that matter, India have, by-design, made recruitment companies who hire Indians only on key administrative positions and later they use them for lobbying for indian interests. Pakistani show runners in bureaucracy, govt and other policy makers only concern when outside of Pakistan is to enjoy perks and the one inside are illiterate to the core.

And this is quite sad. Pakistanis must have real debates on these issues.

I think as US need again pak for new initiative these Ac may be on the table again unless someone else has picked them up , Jordan site not showing them available

And this is quite sad. Pakistanis must have real debates on these issues.

Indian people are smarter globally and promote India in S positive light.

Pakistanis all bravado no substance and keep fuckibg up big style be it govt or citizens

Pakistan should have negotiated with Russia long before this mess. Do not be surprised if the price of Russian Airplanes suddenly shoots up. Russia is the only serious provider for Pakistan if the mess doesn't sort out.

PAF motive???

Try to get more and more F-SOLA

PAF's infrastructure can support about 100 F16's. The strategy makes sense; get cheap used F16's, put them through MLU's and you have an excellent multi-role fighting aircraft ready to go. I think PAF will continue on with its efforts to try and procure additional F16's till we reach the limit of our infrastructure servicing capability.

yes much better wait there wass another one by name of brave commando Musharaf ,who was laid down over a phone call
This change of ministers in Pakistan seems much better. These ministers are talking more bravely and with confident compared to Zardari or NS era.

On a serious note many and myself have advocated from 2006 at various platforms going the F16 route was a poor choice at least the mitigation was J10 leased squadron or two .Im sure maintaining a 40 year old mirage is not cheap specially French connections which are notorious.
Again we have ordered AH-1 zulus which are no doubt a formidable platform but highly sanction prone . I dont know how the planing part is dont but before jumping to 5th Gen we need to attain a capability in 4++ with medium weight category , do remmember 5th Gen is not a plane its complete system and 5th Gen are augmented by 4++ Gen heavy weights for weapons and payload

Last edited:
And what has Pakistan done to fix this lobby problem? There are hundreds of very successful Pakistani-Americans including billionaires who own hedge funds and NFL teams with considerable political connections. For instance, Mansoor Ijaz and Shahid Khan owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Not to mention the huge number of Pakistani-American doctors, engineers, technologists, entertainment etc. Pakistan has failed to utilize these people. Normally, you have your embassy working to connect and guide these people to lobby on key policy issues.

But regrettable, you either sent Husain Haqqani a treasonous guy who is currently helping formulating most of the extreme anti Pakistan legislation or some grossly incompetent people who lack basic working of diplomacy.

In Washington D.C most of the bright Pakistani professionals in policy circles have been adopted by sinister elements and they pursue anti Pakistan goals. I can list number of names. It’s time to admit the very obvious self-injury done to Pakistan’s own interests by Pakistanis and its government.
As one man I can state I never authorized the state to take these actions, but democracy in Pakistan is a farce because Pakistanis generally sell their votes for money,plates of food,ethnic,family or sectarian bonds- so quite frankly, they are half lucky not be in worse shape than they are already.

I recommend watching the following video:

http://www.awaztoday.pk/News-Talk-Shows/160594/-Q-Ahmed-Qureshi-25th-August-2017.aspx

Pakistan-American analyst Nadia Naviwala explains why Pakistan has such a tough time lobbying in the United States. What steps Pakistan needs to take to improve its position in US. Her interview, in English, begins around 14:00.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom