What's new

UAE Getting Rafales and Selling its Mirage-2000-9s

Egypt might want those Mirage 2000-9s & -5s...the UAE & Qatar could also score some sales in Latin America or the smaller European NATO countries such as Bosnia or Bulgaria.

As for Rafale...I think there is a lot of potential in a possible GCC/Arab World purchase of the fighter. While UAE may show interest, there have been reports of Saudi Arabia considering it to replace their F-15C/Ds starting around 2020 or so...around the time UAE might begin procuring Rafale as well. There is also the possibility of Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar, Algeria & Libya in ordering the aircraft.

I think PAF could acquire Rafale...but only if most of the GCC acquire it in good numbers - perhaps with KSA and/or UAE securing a local production line? Otherwise the costs would be prohibitive for a fighter without secondary support lines and 'friendly' operators. Plus even if the GCC/Arab World choose Rafale, chances are they won't begin taking delivery until the 2020s...by then would Rafale really make a difference to PAF once the JF-17 & FC-20 are in strong numbers?

Egypt might want those Mirage 2000-9s & -5s...the UAE & Qatar could also score some sales in Latin America or the smaller European NATO countries such as Bosnia or Bulgaria.

As for Rafale...I think there is a lot of potential in a possible GCC/Arab World purchase of the fighter. While UAE may show interest, there have been reports of Saudi Arabia considering it to replace their F-15C/Ds starting around 2020 or so...around the time UAE might begin procuring Rafale as well. There is also the possibility of Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar, Algeria & Libya in ordering the aircraft.

I think PAF could acquire Rafale...but only if most of the GCC acquire it in good numbers - perhaps with KSA and/or UAE securing a local production line? Otherwise the costs would be prohibitive for a fighter without secondary support lines and 'friendly' operators. Plus even if the GCC/Arab World choose Rafale, chances are they won't begin taking delivery until the 2020s...by then would Rafale really make a difference to PAF once the JF-17 & FC-20 are in strong numbers?

Mark Sien - very positive speculation indeed!

why we always go for f16 we need a virety of figter jets why not we sell our old mirages and add some money and buy new mirages

we should have
f 16 block 50/52
New mirages
j 10
jf 17

and that what PAF for long long time awaited to get there hands on western new weopenry and it is more difficult to buy mirages directly from france firstly they wont allow us even if they they those would be expansive

why we always go for f16 we need a virety of figter jets why not we sell our old mirages and add some money and buy new mirages

New Mirages are not being built. The production for Mirage 2000 was stopped in 2006.

Well buddies best buy would be JF thunder no need of rafle mirage 2000 or what . Thanks God we had embarked on self sufficiency. and we should focus our rsources and energies toward that. Goodness of plateform is one thing and actual weapons it carry , elctroncis , avionics, stealthness ,etc etc, is the actual worth of a plane. and infact these are things which PAF is working on JF Thunder.
so we should concenterate more on JF and its varients instead of these 2000s Next bestthings are J 10/ FC 20 J11 for naval.

Well buddies best buy would be JF thunder no need of rafle mirage 2000 or what . Thanks God we had embarked on self sufficiency. and we should focus our rsources and energies toward that. Goodness of plateform is one thing and actual weapons it carry , elctroncis , avionics, stealthness ,etc etc, is the actual worth of a plane. and infact these are things which PAF is working on JF Thunder.
so we should concenterate more on JF and its varients instead of these 2000s Next bestthings are J 10/ FC 20 J11 for naval.

Xishan 786
Nobody has denied the utility and importance of Thunder . The problem is a simple one. One is range and loiter time,which can be solved by measures such as aerial refueling and CFTs. The other problem is a more difficult one and is a real headache for all forces operating planes near sea- that is corrosion. If we can get Thunder ,s body to be resistant tocorrosion, then the problem is solved. I gather work is on going in this regards. The third issue is one of single vs twin engined aircrafts for operations over sea. This will not be sorted out by Thunder. So as you can seethereis a reason for thinking about another platform.
I hope this helps
WaSalam
Araz

I think that we still have to take into account that this is only the first batch. There will always be upgrades made to our fighters and maybe there will be future improvments made to the airfraim as well. Like Araz said, there are some headaches but I am sure that the designers and engineers are taking these thing into account for future airframes. So in that respect I thing that we should hold of on the mirages and wait to see what the next batch will turn out to be.

Heck...with $140 a barrel .... UAE can even buy Raptors. Dont know why they would go for the Rafale.

I always wonder why none of the mid east countries bought SU's ??? although they have strong ties with the Russians. All of them have Fulcrums.

yes raptors are not for sale but what about chinese varients of raptors why they dont go for this i hope pak will go

yes raptors are not for sale but what about chinese varients of raptors why they dont go for this i hope pak will go

The chinese stealth fighter efforts are still in the developmental phase so this isn't going to happen for a long time plus china does not manufacture raptors so they can't have variants

chinese are not raptors but they dare very much like them and if we waited han for JF 17 for 10 yrs why not wait for next gen fighter they are very much like raptors

i dont know the year but once American fighter jet violated chinese aerospace i heared it in news chinese Airforce fighter jets engaged it and than told it to land than china returned america it pilot america asked them too return their plane too but chinese dident that plane was raptor than they reverse engineered it

some of my friends think raptor is stealth but it is very true that happened i remember that news very well

and i also heared that american stealth fighter jet violated the chinese aerospace 6 to 8 yrs age i think

chinese are not raptors but they dare very much like them and if we waited han for JF 17 for 10 yrs why not wait for next gen fighter they are very much like raptors

i dont know the year but once American fighter jet violated chinese aerospace i heared it in news chinese Airforce fighter jets engaged it and than told it to land than china returned america it pilot america asked them too return their plane too but chinese dident that plane was raptor than they reverse engineered it

some of my friends think raptor is stealth but it is very true that happened i remember that news very well

and i also heared that american stealth fighter jet violated the chinese aerospace 6 to 8 yrs age i think

Ok fantasy time is it?:police: There was a incident but it was a ELINT aircraft. NOT a Raptor. Now grow up and stop posting nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom