What's new

Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) News & Discussions

Which helicopters do china use on these LHD china dont have much of a class as US navy has in helicopters any way it looks like antonio class LHD copy

Which helicopters do china use on these LHD china dont have much of a class as US navy has in helicopters any way it looks like antonio class LHD copy

Given that the PLAN Marines just announced last year to also establish aviation brigades similar to the PLA Army Aviation and PLAAF Airborne Forces I expect them to operate Z-8G and later Z-8L (wide fuselage), Z-10A and Z-20 and much later the new AHL.

The bow and stern of the ship are not fully installed so there are also bow and stern modules in the stockyard. The total length of the ship will be longer than what it is right now.

Thanks a lot for your reply, but as Rick_Joe also noted on Twitter "there still seem to be more modules than expected for completing bow+stern of hull no. 1"

I wish you or Rick could be more specific.

Sorry for being so much unspecific or unclear: my point is - but I must admit I had no time to measure - that the length of all modules standing on the yard plus the length of the already connected part in the dock is longer than what I expect for the whole ship. But again, I could be wrong.

:-)
48057161337_91aae64780_o.jpg

Not on exact scale, but I think the size of 075 would be roughly like this.

View attachment 565055

Great job and Thanks lcloo! Now we have a clearer and more understandable picture of 075 with the extra drawing for the casual military followers. Looking forward to see it coming to reality in the future day by day.
:cheers:

Looking back at the latest photo, is that a module (with power plant?) beside the first type 075?

Just saw a posting on CJDBY saying that the first modules for 2nd 075 has been placed inside the dry dock. Are they referring to this particular module? I am not surprise as we are expecting this.

Back
Top Bottom