What's new

Turks, do most Muslims practice Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am turkish. If thanking Ataturk for saving the turks is 'kemalism'- i am one. And the most important of all I am Muslim, just like the majority of the turks. According to you, most Turkish people are atheist! Well last time i went outside there was a Mosque in every street. If Ataturk was so against Islam, why was a muslim himself?!

One of the most important reasons why Athesim is increasing is because people get fed up of the usage of Religion in politcs in Turkey like a toy. Then they see it as a threat and then they take their anger off of Islam....
Basicly the core reason is fundementalists....

Yes, I understand many Turkish feel lucky in their proud nationalists of AtaTurk. Here on PDF forum, alot of Turkish are athiest and mocking at Islam, very few good Turkish who respect Muslims. In contrast, many Pakistanis here are respecting on religions and personal matters. Some of them mocking us regarding Osama hiding in Pakistan.

My mate, you are new member here, I must welcome you to this forum.

How did you come to conclusion that they were Kemalists?
I'm criticizing the Turkish cities. And i'm sure i would criticize Pakistani cities too if i would be there. Does it mean that i don't love or respect my country or Pakistan? I do not hate Ottomans Empire but those neo-ottoman people, i'm not agreeing with them.

And you're right about that bad and good apples. Just like you and Abu Zolfiqar.

Conclusion, because they discussed alot about Ataturk, many girls or older women will want to marry him and have many childrens. That's what they said, lol. Obviously, they are strong Kemalists and many pictures of Ataturk on the walls. Nothing wrong, my friend. Sorry I apologize if I offend you or country..

Lol, they are not 99% Muslims, it is more likely 20% Muslims who follow every basic of Islam.

Unfortunately, Turkish are far more Kemalists and strong athiests. Islam is dramatically decreasing in Turkey after founder AtaTurk policy and different lifestyles. You will notice how much these people hate Islam and Muslim countries.

Don't judge entire Turkey of what you are seeing here in pakistandefence. It's not true that only 20% of Turkey is Muslim or follower of every basics of Islam, that's certainly not true. Besides the western part of Turkey, the Anatolian (99%) and eastern part (99%) and even most of the western part (around 80%) of Turkey is Muslim (this is my assessment).

In Pakistandefence, we have many Kemalists, around half of them are Muslims I believe, but I guess all of them are secularists.

i personally see nothing wrong with respecting the founding father of your country.....Jinnah Sahibs portrait can be seen around Pakistani government or other such buildings.

it's okay to be a nationalist, as long as it is not Nazi-type of ''hyper-nationalism'' which is more emotional than rational

like i said - it's silly to label a whole group under one name. We're talking about tens of millions of people here; can anybody generalize Pakistanis?

western media does it to us -- they paint us all as bearded terrorists who clutch AK assault rifles and shout anti-western slogans day in and day out:rofl:

should we also be guilty of keeping our eyes closed?

Conclusion, because they discussed alot about Ataturk, many girls or older women will want to marry him and have many childrens. That's what they said, lol. Obviously, they are strong Kemalists and many pictures of Ataturk on the walls. Nothing wrong, my friend. Sorry I apologize if I offend you or country..

Mate, Ataturk is the founder and savior of this country of ours. So it is normal for them to talk about him and his pictures on their walls. Loving and respecting Ataturk does not make someone a Kemalist.

Except radical-ismalists and PKK sympathisers, pretty much everyone loves and respect Ataturk. Respecting him doesn't makes someone bad-Muslim as your are thinking.

And i refuse to believe your claims about them talking bad about Pakistan. Without a provocation why would they?

Thanks bro for explanation. Most of the times, I met Kemalists, it was worst expressions and their attitudes. They tended to talk negative toward both Pakistan and Turkey cities, I was shocked moreover how much they hate Ottoman Empire history and today China, Russia. I guess, some bad apples and good one mixing up anyway.

Many kemalists are europe-lovers, they think they are very modern people who strives to assimilate to the western world. They hate their ancestors, they hate their religious values which brought them their culture (which they also dislike), because all they want is being accepted by the western world, that's why they need to be more western than the western world. Which means pushing the limits of egocentrism and materialism.

I am sorry that you were very unfortunate meeting those types of Turks, but I can tell you brother, that most of the Turks aren't like that. We know our history, we are concious about our religion.

Every bad thing comes out of ignorance.

POLITICS - I worhsip so i can do anything i like is turks lifestyle scholar

Turks like to live as they please and the fact that the majority of them are defined as religiously conservative does not alter this lifestyle, according to a professor at Sabancı University.
“You worship, so you are religious,” Professor Ersin Kalaycıoğlu said in the wake of a field survey for the International Social Survey Program (ISSP) that he helped conduct with Professor Ali Çarkoğlu about health but which also touched on a number of other issues.

The theological and moral aspects of religion are not really internalized by a huge majority of the population, he told the Daily News in a recent interview.

Many kemalists are europe-lovers, they think they are very modern people who strives to assimilate to the western world. They hate their ancestors, they hate their religious values which brought them their culture (which they also dislike), because all they want is being accepted by the western world, that's why they need to be more western than the western world. Which means pushing the limits of egocentrism and materialism.

I am sorry that you were very unfortunate meeting those types of Turks, but I can tell you brother, that most of the Turks aren't like that. We know our history, we are concious about our religion.

Why the fvck would i dislike my culture? but if your whole understanding of our culture is limitted with Islam, then it is your problem.

You couldn't learn that making generalizations is not a healthy form of discussion.
Many muslims are suicide bombers they think they are becoming a better Muslim by beheading those who converted to other religions bla bla...
This is the same bullshit !

Edit: And i'm not giving a damn about being accepted by the west. I just want their understanding of democracy, human rights and secularism for my country, that's all.

Mate, Ataturk is the founder and savior of this country of ours. So it is normal for them to talk about him and his pictures on their walls. Loving and respecting Ataturk does not make someone a Kemalist.

Except radical-ismalists and PKK sympathisers, pretty much everyone loves and respect Ataturk. Respecting him doesn't makes someone bad-Muslim as your are thinking.

And i refuse to believe your claims about them talking bad about Pakistan. Without a provocation why would they?

Don't judge entire Turkey of what you are seeing here in pakistandefence. It's not true that only 20% of Turkey is Muslim or follower of every basics of Islam, that's certainly not true. Besides the western part of Turkey, the Anatolian (99%) and eastern part (99%) and even most of the western part (around 80%) of Turkey is Muslim (this is my assessment).

In Pakistandefence, we have many Kemalists, around half of them are Muslims I believe, but I guess all of them are secularists.

Clearly I had alot of angers towards Turkey. I will refrain it from disrespecting toward your country. Your explanation help me to thinkgood sides of Turkey except NATO. Not only this, I do criticize Pakistan as well.

Pakistan strongly condemn some extremists who think bombing blasts are good for heaven. Be a good Muslim human being in moderate way and good citizens. That's it.

Why the fvck would i dislike my culture? but if your whole understanding of our culture is limitted with Islam, then it is your problem.

You couldn't learn that making generalizations is not a healthy form of discussion.
Many muslims are suicide bombers they think they are becoming a better Muslim by beheading those who converted to other religions bla bla...
This is the same bullshit !

Why do you take it so personal? I was talking to the air but suddenly you appeared out of nowhere, seems like you are perhaps one of the above mentioned types?

Why do you take it so personal? I was talking to the air but suddenly you appeared out of nowhere, seems like you are perhaps one of the above mentioned types?

Dude seriously, stop trolling. And let us not argue this issue further, it is useless.

@Raptor nobody around here give a crap about what you think. why don't you get the hell outta here and save us the trouble?

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he is not welcome here. Stop trying to boss around.

Dude seriously, stop trolling. And let us not argue this issue further, it is useless.

Your favourite word must be "trolling". Stop running out of arguments. Remember my comments.

There seems to be a little secular vs Islamist battle going on in turkey right now . I hope the secularists win for Turkey and the world's sake .I hate religious people :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom