What's new

Turkish TV series set to break YouTube record

-------

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
YouTube channel of Resurrection: Ertugrul by state-run Pakistan Television reaches 1 million subscribers

thumbs_b_c_e6315d25cf7e7990fbb47701abc5294b.jpg

Turkish television series Resurrection: Ertugrul is set to break a world record of most new subscribers in a month on YouTube.

After being aired on the state-run Pakistan Television (PTV), TRT Ertugrul by PTV, the serial’s YouTube channel, crossed one million subscribers.

“Now, it's time to make history by reaching 6.6 million subscribers before May 26th 2020 and make the #ErtugrulYouTubeRecord,” TRT Ertugrul PTV wrote on Twitter.

It also called on fans of Ertugrul Ghazi, father of the Ottoman Empire's founder Osman I, to subscribe on http://youtube.com/trtertugrulptv

PTV dubbed the series in Urdu after Prime Minister Imran Khan visited Turkey last year and was informed about the importance of the series.

On April 25, coinciding with the first day of Ramadan, PTV aired the first episode of the popular Turkish TV series that highlights the history of Muslims during the 13th century.

Shortly after the 45-minute long first episode was broadcast, #ErtugrulUrduPTV was trending with viewers welcoming the series as they shared some scenes from the first episode on social media.

Often described as the Turkish Game of Thrones, the series is woven around 13th century Anatolia and tells the story prior to the establishment of the Ottoman Empire. It illustrates the struggle of Ertugrul Gazi, father of the empire's founder.

Other Turkish TV series have also become hugely popular in Pakistan.

Turkey, Pakistan and Malaysia agreed last September to fight the rising global trend of Islamophobia, mainly in the West. The trio of nations decided to launch a television channel dedicated to confronting challenges posed by Islamophobia and to produce films on Muslim heroes.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/culture/turkish-tv-series-set-to-break-youtube-record/1835014

YouTube channel of Resurrection: Ertugrul by state-run Pakistan Television reaches 1 million subscribers

thumbs_b_c_e6315d25cf7e7990fbb47701abc5294b.jpg

Turkish television series Resurrection: Ertugrul is set to break a world record of most new subscribers in a month on YouTube.

After being aired on the state-run Pakistan Television (PTV), TRT Ertugrul by PTV, the serial’s YouTube channel, crossed one million subscribers.

“Now, it's time to make history by reaching 6.6 million subscribers before May 26th 2020 and make the #ErtugrulYouTubeRecord,” TRT Ertugrul PTV wrote on Twitter.

It also called on fans of Ertugrul Ghazi, father of the Ottoman Empire's founder Osman I, to subscribe on http://youtube.com/trtertugrulptv

PTV dubbed the series in Urdu after Prime Minister Imran Khan visited Turkey last year and was informed about the importance of the series.

On April 25, coinciding with the first day of Ramadan, PTV aired the first episode of the popular Turkish TV series that highlights the history of Muslims during the 13th century.

Shortly after the 45-minute long first episode was broadcast, #ErtugrulUrduPTV was trending with viewers welcoming the series as they shared some scenes from the first episode on social media.

Often described as the Turkish Game of Thrones, the series is woven around 13th century Anatolia and tells the story prior to the establishment of the Ottoman Empire. It illustrates the struggle of Ertugrul Gazi, father of the empire's founder.

Other Turkish TV series have also become hugely popular in Pakistan.

Turkey, Pakistan and Malaysia agreed last September to fight the rising global trend of Islamophobia, mainly in the West. The trio of nations decided to launch a television channel dedicated to confronting challenges posed by Islamophobia and to produce films on Muslim heroes.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/culture/turkish-tv-series-set-to-break-youtube-record/1835014
I used to joke that get a bottle, piss in it. And then give it French sounding name like "Eau de blah blah" and you could sell it for $$$s. Get a junk car and give it a Italian name like Escapio De loren and you could sell it for $$$$$. Now I have another one. Make a TV series and jusat give it a Muslim sounding name. Theme it as "Muslims" and you would have 200 million Pakistani's in ecstasy.

"This woz us bro"

I used to joke that get a bottle, piss in it. And then give it French sounding name like "Eau de blah blah" and you could sell it for $$$s. Get a junk car and give it a Italian name like Escapio De loren and you could sell it for $$$$$. Now I have another one. Make a TV series and jusat give it a Muslim sounding name. Theme it as "Muslims" and you would have 200 million Pakistani's in ecstasy.

"This woz us bro"

Turks are our brothas and shiett we hate Greeks,Serbs,Armenians or Arabs cause our Turkish brothas hate them we wuz Turks and shiett

Pagal ae??
Ya acting krta hai?

"This woz us bro"

"This woz us bro"
It’s a drama, pretty decent one. Watch it like drama and you will be just fine.

"This woz us bro"
We produce nothing good of our own and try to cling on to what others have made in "our" name. Shameless and pathetic but this is what happens when you have no identity of your own.

Men dont watch tv dramas a lot of normal folks are not addicted to TV as much heck when Game of Thrones was on or Breaking Bad was on the air I gave no crap about it

We produce nothing good of our own and try to cling on to what others have made in "our" name. Shameless and pathetic but this is what happens when you have no identity of your own.

Normal country-How dare you insult my country

Pakistanis-How dare you insult Turkey,or China they are brothas and shiett you Indian or Iranian agent

Men dont watch tv dramas a lot of normal folks are not addicted to TV as much heck when Game of Thrones was on or Breaking Bad was on the air I gave no crap about it
I tried watching Breaking Bad. Lost interest after few episodes. Never felt like watching Game if Thrones. I guess Ertugal is somewhat based on history, so that’s why I m watching it.

I tried watching Breaking Bad. Lost interest after few episodes. Never felt like watching Game if Thrones. I guess Ertugal is somewhat based on history, so that’s why I m watching it.

But its heavily tilted towards a Turkish perspective on history Pakistani are pretty narrow minded in that regard so they would easily lap the flaws in the series as actual fact in history

I have seen only clips and it indeed does look good. Lot better than anything Bollywood churns out and I certainly think it is better our masses get addicted to Turkish culture. I regard Turkey as a success story and of all the countries I would like Pakistan to ape Turks. As a secularist more so. However the point I was alluding to is the only reason our lot are going wobbly over this is because it is 'packaged' as "Muslim".

The other day I was reading comments from Paks on the actors/ress that play in Ertugrul. I could not laughing at the shock our lot were exhibiting on seeing them dressed as 'goray' and dancing like 'goray' and no differant from Paris, London etc.

The shock on these simpletons was palpable. They expected them dressed in burga and following their husband or father ......

I have seen only clips and it indeed does look good. Lot better than anything Bollywood churns out and I certainly think it is better our masses get addicted to Turkish culture. I regard Turkey as a success story and of all the countries I would like Pakistan to ape Turks. As a secularist more so. However the point I was alluding to is the only reason our lot are going wobbly over this is because it is 'packaged' as "Muslim".

The other day I was reading comments from Paks on the actors/ress that play in Ertugrul. I could not laughing at the shock our lot were exhibiting on seeing them dressed as 'goray' and dancing like 'goray' and no differant from Paris, London etc.

The shock on these simpletons was palpable. They expected them dressed in burga and following their husband or father ......

Exactly the simpletons are beyond shock

Back
Top Bottom