What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I know but you can never trust Assad when it comes to Turkey

I fear that Russia is playing a double came when it comes to Idlib. They will present "ceasefire" to Turkey yet secretley will tell Iran & SAA to prepare for attack when the time comes. The S-300 is part of a strategy to embolden them and can strike targets within Turkish Airspace.

maybe I am reading too much into this but I find it very suspect that Israel "attacked" Syria the day after the ceasefire on Idlib was announced and how this resulted in Assad getting the S-300. Why now all of a Sudden? Obviously somebody wants the ceasefire to fail..
Artillery guns should do the trick.
If not we can use cruise missiles (would be good real world test for the new missiles we are building).

Artillery guns should do the trick.
If not we can use cruise missiles (would be good real world test for the new missiles we are building).
Such situation will be a really big mistake by Assad. On the next door there are the French, Germans, Israelis and the US that are ready to launch some cruise missiles with Turkey backing the strikes with its own equipment. If there are mutual interests in it they will not decline the offer and also can use the situation for some nice speaking about the NATO mechanisms and how NATO is determined to counter any threat to its members bla bla bla. So much effort and money for the S300 will be gone for nothing. Even if the other powers don't join the strikes I am sure that Turkey can give pretty good response.

Such situation will be a really big mistake by Assad. On the next door there are the French, Germans, Israelis and the US that are ready to launch some cruise missiles with Turkey backing the strikes with its own equipment. If there are mutual interests in it they will not decline the offer and also can use the situation for some nice speaking about the NATO mechanisms and how NATO is determined to counter any threat to its members bla bla bla. So much effort and money for the S300 will be gone for nothing. Even if the other powers don't join the strikes I am sure that Turkey can give pretty good response.
If no 3rd party (Russia) would intervene and the TAF gets the full support of the politicians Turkey could turn Syria into glass.

Do you guys see Assads new S-300 system as a potential threat to Turkish Air Force?

With regards to Idlib ceasefire agreement I am not sure as if it will hold as having an advanced S-300 system operated by Assad/Iran is different to one being run by Russia and this will certainly embolden ***-ad. Quiet frankly I can see Assad/Iran trying to target TAF F-16s if things go south real quickly.

No Assad is happy now, he can breath and hasn’t lost face over Idlib, he is still in power and keeps half his country. Status quo will remain, once ISIS is wiped out next battlefront will be Turkey v YPG and indirectly US.

USA's supply chains of weapons to The terrorist organisation of PKK(PYD/YPG/SDG) in Iraq and Syria, which is also against Int. Laws and agreements.

The Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) and Article 18 of Vienna Convention violeted by USA in supporting PKK(PYD/YPG/SDG).

- Article 18 of the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties (VCLT): Obligation Not To Defeat The Object And Purpose Of A Treaty Prior To Its Entry Into Force

- United States Signs Arms Trade Treaty on September 25, 2013

http://www.state.gov/t/isn/armstradetreaty/

- ATT entered into force on 24 December 2014

USA's supply chains of weapons to The terrorist organisation of PKK(PYD/YPG/SDG) in Iraq and Syria, which is also against Int. Laws and agreements.

The Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) and Article 18 of Vienna Convention violeted by USA in supporting PKK(PYD/YPG/SDG).

- Article 18 of the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties (VCLT): Obligation Not To Defeat The Object And Purpose Of A Treaty Prior To Its Entry Into Force

- United States Signs Arms Trade Treaty on September 25, 2013

http://www.state.gov/t/isn/armstradetreaty/

- ATT entered into force on 24 December 2014

They are the super power. Laws don’t count for them.

Back
Top Bottom