What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Erdogan opened too many fronts. Trying to play games with Russia was probably biggest mistake. He has already burnt many bridges with West and now Putin is bombing his soldiers. Not a good time to be a Turk diplomat.

May Assad take over every single inch of Syria while he sends 3 million Syrian Refugees more to Turkey- they are all welcome.
Nobody cares about the Turkish soldiers that die while Russian and Assad bomb them in their observation points too no matter how much 50 years old scrap metal Turkey sends to Syria.

Last week have probably been the most shameful in Turkey’s recent Military history. It shows that Turkey as a State and a Military is NOW nothing different than the rest of the Middle Eastern countries we laughed at before. The difference is they get beaten by America and Israel while Turkey gets abused by the SAA.
Agreed, it is fucking embarrassing. Country is ruled by charlatans.
Oh and BTW you all probably heard about the coup talks? What if Erdo is sending all those troops to Syria because of that?

Stop these conspiracy theories lmao
--

I dont know but something is odd.

Stop these conspiracy theories lmao
--

I dont know but something is odd.
But it doesn't make sense, why did they send an Army Corps sized unit and a decent chunk of the professional fighting force of TAF to that area if there isn't gonna be any operation?
Because we all know Erdo shits his pants after hearing Putins name.

Best case scenario Turkey launches an operation against HTS, not Assad.

No, HTS and whatever groups are there are already on the brink of destruction. I dont know whats going on there tbh. but I think that despite the silence we shouldnt underestimate the TSK.

But it doesn't make sense, why did they send an Army Corps sized unit and a decent chunk of the professional fighting force of TAF to that area if there isn't gonna be any operation?
Because we all know Erdo shits his pants after hearing Putins name.

We can hurt Russia as much as Russia can hurt us whether its the s400,akkuyu or turkstream etc. Its not a one sided "relationship". As i wrote something is odd.

No, HTS and whatever groups are there are already on the brink of destruction. I dont know whats going on there tbh. but I think that despite the silence we shouldnt underestimate the TSK.

We can hurt Russia as much as Russia can hurt us whether its the s400,akkuyu or turkstream etc. Its not a one sided "relationship". As i wrote something is odd.
But that oddness is costing Turkey the influence of the entire region. There is either a serious corruption going on backstage or Putin has some blackmail material on Erdo. We all know that TAF can conquer the whole Syria till Israeli border no problem if given order.

But that oddness is costing Turkey the influence of the entire region. There is either a serious corruption going on backstage or Putin has some blackmail material on Erdo. We all know that TAF can conquer the whole Syria till Israeli border no problem if given order.
-

Brother, I'm fcking angry too. But something is definitely odd here. The biggest problem with Erdogan that he appears a softy despite launching 3 expeditions which I credit him for. However, there is something going on and the blackmail material is bullshit (he's no trump with prostitutes). I suspect he is using all the possibility to avoid war with Russia but he will be left with no choice but War. He knows his NATO allies have been unreliable all along since the beginning of the Syrian crises.

Let's wait and see. Maybe all-out war is on the horizon and the Turkish military needs time to get ready on all front and not only in Syria. I'm sure Erdogan is being advised by his military advisors about all possibilities and let's stop this non-sense about unrest in the military. The top echelon of the military is also advising and planning with Erdogan. Erdogan will never launch something so huge without having military fully behind him

Does anyone know what the end goal is for Turkey in Syria? Over the last two weeks, TR has deployed thousands of troops and equipment. Obviously these troops are there to do something, but the question is what? Anyone know what the TR analysts are saying about what this could be?

@Ansu fati You must be naive to think Erdogan trusts the military power just after rogue elements within it tried to dispose of him. Don't you think all military advisors of Erdogan and people he has placed in key military posts aren't loyal to him ? They aren't going to move a finger unless told so. Who's going to get rid of him ?

Sorry,but this sounds like past or present situations in many arab countries.
If erdogan does his job everything is fine
otherwise he will leave one way or another(political defeat or coup) that’s what i meant
This view should be valid for every top political leader
Turkey is in survival mode so doing wrong moves can’t be tolerated

Last edited:
lol one more day of talks?

For What purpose? To hear Lavrov lecture you on how Russian Armed Forces are gonna help Assad steamroll over the whole of Idlib whether Turkey likes it or not.

I don't what Erdogan is doing right now but this is EMBARRASSING. Mark my words if 1 million refugees flee across the border the Turkish Republic it will not recover for 20 years. I am telling you that Turkey will be heavily destabilised due to the pressure of containing such amount of people and the economy will take a huge hit. Not to mention the loss of Turkish prestige world wide. If you can't defend your own borders who in their right mind is going to respect you internationally?

I know that things are made complicated as NATO is reluctant to help but at this stage it's better to risk war than allow such an outcome to take place.

Back
Top Bottom