What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

If Turkey is getting Safe Zone (As VPOUS) said then this is bog win for Turkey …. Come on you guys achieved what you want without great war , war loses , sanctions …… Remember Russians forces and Syrian forces also moved in for help PKK . . . PKK or Ypg or whatever will be 20+ miles away from Turkey's border with 3+ million Sunni Arabs Refuges in-between them ..
Now build your economy , Send refuges back into that area change demography ……..

If Turkey is getting Safe Zone (As VPOUS) said then this is bog win for Turkey …. Come on you guys achieved what you want without great war , war loses , sanctions …… Remember Russians forces and Syrian forces also moved in for help PKK . . . PKK or Ypg or whatever will be 20+ miles away from Turkey's border with 3+ million Sunni Arabs Refuges in-between them ..
Now build your economy , Send refuges back into that area change demography ……..

Sanctions is a Senate Action... Trump has no saying in it... So even if Trump say so... he can't control it...
Second... do you really think YPG/PKK gonna just hand Over their weapons? When they right now handing over their own territories to ASSad/RU? and are saying that USA betrayed them?
And Last since when any Agreement worked in Syria? Neither RU or the USA kept their words... After all it's not the first agreement... those Weapon Hand over was ALREADY an Agreement Last year... and yet... or that Safe Zone... THERE WAS ALREADY AN AGREEMENT IN THE PAST.

IMO, this can work if safe zone with 1-2 million Syrian refugees can be integrated back into their territory. Turkey needs to install SAM systems, and try to make FSA more professional. I doubt Assad would invade to attack Turkish territory either way.

Sanctions is a Senate Action... Trump has no saying in it... So even if Trump say so... he can't control it...
Second... do you really think YPG/PKK gonna just hand Over their weapons? When they right now handing over their own territories to ASSad/RU? and are saying that USA betrayed them?
And Last since when any Agreement worked in Syria? Neither RU or the USA kept their words... After all it's not the first agreement... those Weapon Hand over was ALREADY an Agreement Last year... and yet... or that Safe Zone... THEY WERE ALREADY MADE AGREEMENT IN THE PAST.
So do you want direct war with Syrian Govt + Iran (supporter of Asad because of sectarianism) + Russia , Arabs already openly against you and also want NATO and US against you ???
Just take it as a win , A safe zone (hopefully under Turkey control) 3+ million refuges out of Turkey(integrated back into safe zone) , demography of area changed in favour of Turkey ……. I think this is much better then WAR ……

So do you want direct war with Syrian Govt + Iran (supporter of Asad because of sectarianism) + Russia , Arabs already openly against you and also want NATO and US against you ???
Just take it as a win , A safe zone (hopefully under Turkey control) 3+ million refuges out of Turkey , demography of area changed in favour of Turkey ……. I think this is much better then WAR ……

??? Where do you see them on the battlefield? I only see YPG/PKK...
And you are speaking as if it's the first time for such agreement... Wake up... That safe zone was "Promised" for a long time... and nothing... Those Arm retrieval process was also a deal from a long time...

What power does the US hold today out there? NONE... the YPG/PKK already abandoned them... by siding with ASSad... right now... they are handing over everything they can... Kobani/Manbij and Qamishli is almost given???
Then what?

Where is thez win? YPG/PKK will still be active under ASSad/RU zone...like Tel rifaat...

Just take it as a win , A safe zone (hopefully under Turkey control) 3+ million refuges out of Turkey(integrated back into safe zone) , demography of area changed in favour of Turkey ……. I think this is much better then WAR ……
also no bad news against Turkey in the news.. you get what exactly you want an let Russia fight wit PKK now

This will backfire on us so hard. In military strategy there is no time or place to act Kumbaya. They are up Erdoğan arms deep. Probably they threatened with halkbank case which will hit Erdogan’s corrupt family members and lackies. To me it sounds like Erdogan caved in and sacrificed Turkey’s interests for family interests. I hope I’m wrong but he proves I’m right time after time.

??? Where do you see them on the battlefield? I only see YPG/PKK...
And you are speaking as if it's the first time for such agreement... Wake up... That safe zone was "Promised" for a long time... and nothing... Those Arm retrieval process was also a deal from a long time...

What power does the US hold today out there? NONE... the YPG/PKK already abandoned them... by siding with ASSad... right now... they are handing over everything they can... Kobani/Manbij and Qamishli is almost given???
Then what?
They are moving there forces ! and you don't have to see the visibly they can harm Turkey without showing their faces ..
Rest if you hell bent for destruction go ahead ….. Have a war

also no bad news against Turkey in the news.. you get what exactly you want an let Russia fight wit PKK now

Why would Russia fight the PKK when they can use it against Turkey.

The PKK influence was divided between Russia and US. Now it is completely in the hands of Russia.

He won’t attack an asset which he can use against some other player.

Manbij deal has proven you can’t trust “promises”. Military leaders know this but unfortunately Turkey’s leadership doesn’t. Promises mean jack shit.

Unless it is in a treaty...

PKK and RU are buddies... And RU doesn't care what the world say about their "allies"...
it is true, i meant the SAA, but i dont think Rusia really want to make it complicated and fight it against USA.. Iran either is nothing without Russian support to make any critical decision... I belive Russia will had over Manbij to Turkey eventually

Back
Top Bottom