What's new

Turkish Deputy Minister of National Defence: "We will be discussing with our Pakistani counterparts to officially include Pakistan in our jet program"

Pakistan is of course a country we love, but what will happen if the USA puts an embargo on the f110 engine?

This partnership should have been announced after the domestic engine was guaranteed.
Everyone is forgetting Turkey is developing its own engine and soon it will be operational. Pakistan doesn't have to get block 1 KAAN. It can wait

Everyone is forgetting Turkey is developing its own engine and soon it will be operational. Pakistan doesn't have to get block 1 KAAN. It can wait
engine development is a whole different level, while KAAN may get somewhere, its entirely possible their engine doesnt. Engine tech isnt kids play, the Chinese went through 4 failed designs, which they then applied to the WS-10 which used the core from a CFM56 or a derivative of. Even then it took over 30 years and the entire GDP of Pakistan to get to where they are today.

engine development is a whole different level, while KAAN may get somewhere, its entirely possible their engine doesnt. Engine tech isnt kids play, the Chinese went through 4 failed designs, which they then applied to the WS-10 which used the core from a CFM56 or a derivative of. Even then it took over 30 years and the entire GDP of Pakistan to get to where they are today.
So because China took so long it will take an equal amount of time for Turkey.
Such negative and 2nd rate thinking ..

So because China took so long it will take an equal amount of time for Turkey.
Such negative and 2nd rate thinking ..

lol, if you prefer to be deluded so be it.

But yes, China, with tons of aerospace experience, literally hundreds of billions of $, some of the most qualified scientists on the globe, and probably hundreds of thousands of engineers and an urgent national security need for domestic engines could not do it without significant hurdle, what makes you think itll be a downhill road here? Heck, India is another great example of someone who couldn't do it. China did it after 30 years and 200+bn even while using a preexisting core as the basis of the design. Do you know how insanely difficult it is to build an engine or are you being jazbati, because if it was just doable by anyone, they would have done it, instead you have a tiny club of successful nations

TAI head Kotil answered this question a week ago.

"Our plan is to fly KAAN with a newly developed engine in 2028. We are working on this. Of course, we will need 2 years again for further certification processes. But in the 2030s, KAAN will have a indigenous next gen engine. We are currently working with the F110 engine (to avoid wasting time in the development process) KAAN will make its maiden flight on December 27, 2023 (with temporary engines)."

lol, if you prefer to be deluded so be it.

But yes, China, with tons of aerospace experience, literally hundreds of billions of $, some of the most qualified scientists on the globe, and probably hundreds of thousands of engineers and an urgent national security need for domestic engines could not do it without significant hurdle, what makes you think itll be a downhill road here? Heck, India is another great example of someone who couldn't do it. China did it after 30 years and 200+bn even while using a preexisting core as the basis of the design. Do you know how insanely difficult it is to build an engine or are you being jazbati, because if it was just doable by anyone, they would have done it, instead you have a tiny club of successful nations
Oh dear..
Your sort were negative about jf17. Said couldn't be done.
Your sort laughed at China and its military products. And are still laughing.
Your sorts only think your white masters can do something.

Now go and look at what Turkey has achieved in such a short time. From drones to ASEA radars. From APC to missiles. A global leader in fields like lazer tech but a village idiot will always be a village idiot.

You give India as an example where their educated think that cow urine is sacred. What has Indian done that works properly.

Keep going

Last edited:
Oh dear..
Your sort were negative about jf17. Said couldn't be done.
Your sort laughed at China and its military products. And are still laughing.
Your sorts only think your white masters can do something.

Now go and look at what Turkey has achieved in such a short time. From drones to ASEA radars. From APC to missiles. A global leader in fields like lazer tech but a village idiot will always be a village idiot.

You give India as an example where their educated think that cow urine is sacred. What has Indian done that works properly.

Keep going

Sure, i am just a mere village idiot, just a village idiot with a degree in Aerospace who is also a pilot.

I wasn't born when the JF-17 was conceived, though, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about the program anyway. Woohoo we are assembling an aircraft, big win in your book I guess.
lol im intimately familiar with China and it's export equipment, i won't even touch on that but there are many on this forum who can vouch.

drones, lasers, apc's, and missiles are all great, but they are not engines. Once again, they are not engines though. There is a reason why more countries have had nuclear programs than domestic engine programs, because, well, one is extremely difficult and requires capabilities only very few have.

You can also shit on India but they are leagues ahead of Pakistan in terms of R&D and output, they also have something to brag about when it comes to domestic jets, they created a whole ecosystem enabling them to actually ground up design aircraft and systems at the sacrifice of the Tejas, whereas you are bragging about lego assembling a jet and painting it green for the most part (though admittedly there is some further development which i wrote about here https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/...an-moves-ahead-with-domestic-aesa-radar-deve/ )

I couldn't care less who worships what or believes what, but India, investing billions, with infinite help from Safran etc, and significant govt backing couldn't do it with ease.

China, with a proven core, 200bn dollars, 30+ years only now managed to do it.

and here you expect me to believe that Turkey will do it with ease because they produce missiles and APC's lol. Cut me a break, let me know when said missiles and APC's, are operating at 2000 degrees while rotating thousands of times per minute all while having to have a many thousand-hour service life after operating for hours non stop.

Sure, i am just a mere village idiot, just a village idiot with a degree in Aerospace who is also a pilot.

I wasn't born when the JF-17 was conceived, though, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about the program anyway. Woohoo we are assembling an aircraft, big win in your book I guess.
lol im intimately familiar with China and it's export equipment, i won't even touch on that but there are many on this forum who can vouch.

drones, lasers, apc's, and missiles are all great, but they are not engines. Once again, they are not engines though. There is a reason why more countries have had nuclear programs than domestic engine programs, because, well, one is extremely difficult and requires capabilities only very few have.

You can also shit on India but they are leagues ahead of Pakistan in terms of R&D and output, they also have something to brag about when it comes to domestic jets, they created a whole ecosystem enabling them to actually ground up design aircraft and systems at the sacrifice of the Tejas, whereas you are bragging about lego assembling a jet and painting it green for the most part (though admittedly there is some further development which i wrote about here https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/...an-moves-ahead-with-domestic-aesa-radar-deve/ )

I couldn't care less who worships what or believes what, but India, investing billions, with infinite help from Safran etc, and significant govt backing couldn't do it with ease.

China, with a proven core, 200bn dollars, 30+ years only now managed to do it.

and here you expect me to believe that Turkey will do it with ease because they produce missiles and APC's lol. Cut me a break, let me know when said missiles and APC's, are operating at 2000 degrees while rotating thousands of times per minute all while having to have a many thousand-hour service life after operating for hours non stop.
So you weren't born when jf17 started...learn to wipe your behind before you joke about jf17.

Jog on little man..u have a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom