What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Both integrated into HERIKKS
So according to media Turkey deployed Hawk in Libya so either Kalkan or Sentinel deployed with them. Do we have any other radar to accompanying them for longer detection? Sentinel, Kalkan, and Kalkan 2 has ranges 40, 100, and 120, respectively. How could we detect incoming aircraft from that would use stand-off ammunition?

untitled-1-jpg.651255

Hisar-A short range AD not relevant, so they're continuing with Hisar-O.

IMO A and O had too many similarities, so I couldn't understand wtf we'd want A and not just go for O.

Hisar-A short range AD not relevant, so they're continuing with Hisar-O.

IMO A and O had too many similarities, so I couldn't understand wtf we'd want A and not just go for O.

In his interview he didn't say they scrapped HISAR-A. He said all efforts were being tasked to the production of HISAR-O because the need of Medium Range Air Defence was greater. HISAR-A is still very so much vital for platoon level air defence.

Layered defence is definitly neccesary, but its seems there isnt enough of a difference between A and O to justify purchasing both apparently. Something between 50-60km range seems like a more sensible option as the next system in the Hisar family, it fills the gap between Hisar-O and Siper.

Layered defence is definitly neccesary, but its seems there isnt enough of a difference between A and O to justify purchasing both apparently. Something between 50-60km range seems like a more sensible option as the next system in the Hisar family, it fills the gap between Hisar-O and Siper.
Ground launched G40 which is ESSM variant will fill the gap.

images

images

IMG_20200716_211250.jpg
I copied its features here before. As far as i i remember it can hit targets at 12km altitude at 35km range.

I don't know why we did this mistake and purchased S 400, I was with this decision but I think it was bad , I hope we can fix this soon.

Turkey was under attack; financially, politically, Geo-politically and Militarily by its allies.
Purchasing the S-400 system was not Turkey's first choice, at the time, it was her only choice . The Americans were still going to embargo Turkey, even if she didn't buy the S-400.
Perhaps, political and/or military balances will realign with the US in the future. Turkey cannot "fix" this situation on her own - her allies must start acting like allies, instead of enemies.

Last edited:
I am sure most of you will agree with me here, but I am totally fine if Turkey were to give (not even sell) the S400 systems to Azerbaijan. This will take at least the S400 argument out of the F35 problem, because I do wish for Turkey to stay in the program as it gives Turkey workshare which has economic benefits and technical benefits, as time passes by I'm sure Turkey will gain more and more know-how from it as well. Similar to what happened with the F-16's.

On the other hand, once jet powered UAV's become a thing (with capabilities similar to Akinci and AESA radar), then the need for fighter jets become less significant. Sub-sonic's are in the pipeline. If super-sonic UAV's become a reality than I'm sure it would make fighter jets almost obsolete.

I mostly agree with you guys , but where the S 400 now ? did we deployed it somewhere ? or are we going to deploy it and when ? maybe we need an air defense system more than an F-35 but we were partners in the F-35 and now we're not going to be in any future project because of course US won't repeat the same mistake !!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom