What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

My God! Hisar-A is coming !

DSOrAcAXcAAAw4I

@ATALAY talked about Hisar-O. Or he mixed up something?

To be honest, I had my doubt if We can get Hisar in 2019. But it looks like they are satisfied with the tests. And That is great news. But I wish we had more info about missile, radar and it's capacities. And I really hope they make more test in the mean time. Imo, Best way to improve missile is to test it. And that is how Soviets build such great missiles.

To be honest, I had my doubt if We can get Hisar in 2019. But it looks like they are satisfied with the tests. And That is great news. But I wish we had more info about missile, radar and it's capacities. And I really hope they make more test in the mean time. Imo, Best way to improve missile is to test it. And that is how Soviets build such great missiles.

There are new interesting informations "leaked"

Project is worth total 350 Million Euro and planned to be completed between 2019-2022.
If Hisar-O missile tests in 2018 will be succesfull program could be finalized 1-2 years earlier.
2018 developments of a naval variant of Hisar-O will begin, to equip new domestic frigates
with HISAR-D instead of ESSM.
Pantsir and BUK systems purchase was cancelled cause HISAR-A will protect the S-400s 360 degree and deliveries of Hisar- A fit into the time schedule of S-400 deliveries.

The source believes that Roketsan could present 2018-2019 a RAM -jet,
but didn't confirmed it.

Orko_8 pointed that it is a huge order and the published document could be modernization of Oerlikon systems and AIC ?

Last edited:
Disinformation is the essence of warfare, gentlemen.

Why make your real capabilities known right away when you can let the enemy find out the "hard way" that the missiles they thought were low altitude are actually medium altitude?

After all, both HISAR-A and O use the same launch tubes.

Even with official press releases where governments share "hard numbers", it's important to be able to read between the lines.

Since HISAR-O is ready, personally I find it hard to believe that they would contain anything less capable given how Turkey's trying to fill years of negligence in the air defense category by working with multiple foreign parties at a tremendous cost, both economically and politically.

I think the only reason HISAR-A even exists at this point is disinformation. To force the enemy to guess and risk their aircraft so that we can shoot them down like geese!

Every HISAR launcher that's supposed to have an "A" variant missile in it will have an "O" variant missile instead. You can count on it!

disinformation.png

Last edited:
Aselsan defense deal

Turkish defense contractor Aselsan announced a $413.27 million deal with the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries on Friday.

The agreement is for a short-range, low-altitude aerial defense system.

"Within the context of the agreement, the deliveries will be completed between the years 2019-2022," Aselsan said in a statement.

The company, established in 1975, mainly focuses on supplying the Turkish Armed Forces but has grown to provide systems to foreign clients.

Turkish defense contractor Aselsan announced a $413.27 million deal with the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries on Friday.

The agreement is for a short-range, low-altitude aerial defense system.

"Within the context of the agreement, the deliveries will be completed between the years 2019-2022," Aselsan said in a statement.

The company, established in 1975, mainly focuses on supplying the Turkish Armed Forces but has grown to provide systems to foreign clients.

Disinformation is the essence of warfare, gentlemen.

Why make your real capabilities known right away when you can let the enemy find out the "hard way" that the missiles they thought were low altitude are actually medium altitude?

After all, both HISAR-A and O use the same launch tubes.

Even with official press releases where governments share "hard numbers", it's important to be able to read between the lines.

Since HISAR-O is ready, personally I find it hard to believe that they would contain anything less capable given how Turkey's trying to fill years of negligence in the air defense category by working with multiple foreign parties at a tremendous cost, both economically and politically.

I think the only reason HISAR-A even exists at this point is disinformation. To force the enemy to guess and risk their aircraft so that we can shoot them down like geese!

Every HISAR launcher that's supposed to have an "A" variant missile in it will have an "O" variant missile instead. You can count on it!

disinformation.png

Launcher’s length are not same bro. You can also distinguish them with checking distance of first front section of launchers.

That’s Hisar-A
2E29EFBE-14BC-468E-87E0-0A65E406E8B2.jpeg

Here is Hisar-O
7CC172CD-C0D8-40B1-BCEE-3387F35566E0.jpeg

Launcher’s length are not same bro. You can also distinguish them with checking distance of first front section of launchers.

That’s Hisar-A
View attachment 445546

Here is Hisar-O
View attachment 445545

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying that brother. That front section of the tube indeed seems a lot longer on the O model.

Also, looks like HISAR-A can shoot while on the move (e.g. ideal for convoy protection) but HISAR-O requires a stationary position with hydraulic stabilizers extended to the ground to keep the platform steady.

Korkut CIWS can do it as US-Avenger ( Stinger) too.
Hope Hisar-A can do it on the move, maybe with a salvo of at least 2 misilles.
Yeah. I don't see why not. It looks like shoot-on-the-go capability is one of HISAR-A's design parameters, especially given how everything is hosted on a single platform (radar/ IR cameras/launch tubes/telemetry). Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the system can confirm in the near future.

Yeah. I don't see why not. It looks like shoot-on-the-go capability is one of HISAR-A's design parameters, especially given how everything is hosted on a single platform (radar/ IR cameras/launch tubes/telemetry). Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the system can confirm in the near future.

Maybe @TheMightyBender can illuminate the dark. Thank you bro.

Back
Top Bottom