What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

When it comes to technology nobody give it, so why should we give full Tot? We have invested billions and Pakistan didn't give us penny. Working together with a project don't work like this, you have that and i have this, come with money we can talk:-).
If our Pakistani brothers didn't come us with money at 1922, probably today you were writing at Defencenet.gr... You must be more polite, pls.

If our Pakistani brothers didn't come us with money at 1922, probably today you were writing at Defencenet.gr... You must be more polite, pls.
You make it seem like the donations of some Pakistanis was the reason why Turkey got independence. Will you say the same thing about the russians since the soviets gave weapons?

I'm not downplaying Pakistan "brotherly" relationship. Just saying what you said is a OVER statement.

You make it seem like the donations of some Pakistanis was the reason why Turkey got independence. Will you say the same thing about the russians since the soviets gave weapons?

I'm not downplaying Pakistan "brotherly" relationship. Just saying what you said is a OVER statement.
There are no brotherly relations between states, Just temporary partnerships based on mutual interests.

To be honest, Turkey and Pakistan are not "brothers" nor are we partners for that matter. It's all a big pile of nothing and alot of empty words.

Apologies for my bluntness.

Last edited:
There are no brotherly relations between states, Just temporary partnerships based on mutual interests.

To be honest, Turkey and Pakistan are not "brothers" nor are we partners for that matter. It's all a big pile of nothing and alot of empty words.

Apologies for my bluntness.
Its just a fact, there might be brotherly feelings amongst the population but our goverments are sitting on opposite camps but still have good relations though.

HISAR_150522_09.jpg

HISAR O and A

Max range 15km -25km
Altitude 5000m.-10000m
03d042583bf85e5b772eb4e43a1e5907.jpg

p1634127.jpg

I dont rule out that we might incoporate foreign technology, however your statement as plausible as you make it sound, are just baseless claims.

@ramaks Turkey and Diehl working together on this project it is true but it is not %30 Turkish. Diehl help on outer covering, inside components such as seeker is Turkish made. Turkey bought these easy but time-consuming parts from some who already did it to save some time.

I dont rule out that we might incoporate foreign technology, however your statement as plausible as you make it sound, are just baseless claims.

Looks like someone made an account just to bad mouth Turkish Defence Industry. He gets TVC part completely wrong, Hisar uses Jet Vanes and there are multiple public documents on the internet with R&D Roketsan engineers have into Jet Vanes.

@Hurshid Celebi

Where did Germans copy from?
Who did firstly create air defence system?
I wish Turkey could copy nuclear techs:)
Please look at China!
European Mica VL uses active radar homing,Hisar uses IIR like an Umkhonto :P

Nothing but troll, a little bit copy paste from diverent sites. It is not secret that we have build missiles with licence productio in the beginning:-). We have almost 30 years experiences, and why does china and india don't have you have to ask them:-)..

And ther is no information what kind thrust and nozzle is used, so why pathetic comparison between 2 missiles, ther is not much information about Hisar. So how the fak did you compared the two missiles? And how did you come with 30% based on what?

Turkey is simply licensing german technology.

The Hisar-I / O is a product of Diehl / BGT Germany produced under license by Aselsan, being that only 30% is Turkish

Lookt at IRIS-T SLS
m02010061500019.jpg

IRIST_SL_02.png
IRIS-T_SLS_medium.jpg

vs Hisar

HISAR_150522_09.jpg

Launch similarity

IRIS-T/SLS:
IRIS-T.jpg

HISAR:

p1634128.jpg

IRIS-T SLS are almost identifal to HISAR I/O missiles.

Please go through this thread World Defence Industry Ranking

Turks nationalist believe that Turkey ASELSAN/ROKETSAN suddenly made breakthrough in Vertical launch system, dual pulse rocket, TVC flex nozzle engine while none of India, chinese SAM have advanced flex nozzle. Both these countries havent matured into 20+/- degree Flex nozzle TVC which is why they are using jet vanes.
China & India have 55 and 45 yrs of R&D experience with rocket propulsion!

Turkey missile program started a decade after Pakistan started working with missile program under Suparco in late 80's
Some precise information=>
A little-known fact that has gone largely unnoticed since the early 1990s has been the vital role played by Pakistan in the substantial expansion of Beijing-Ankara military-industrial collaboration over the last 17 years. Since 1985, Turkey has sent 18 military delegations comprising some 200 members while 14 Chinese military missions with about 330 representatives have visited Turkey at the same time. Sino-Turkish military-industrial cooperation began in the first half of the 1990s after Ankara’s negotiations with Washington for the joint production and technology transfer of the M-270 multiple launch rocket system (MLRS) failed. The US had then criticised Turkey for using US-supplied weapons for human rights abuses (against the Kurds), subsequently restricting weapons sales and military technology transfers to Turkey, and cutting off grants and loans earlier offered to Turkey for US-origin weapons. It was Pakistan which then informed Turkey that China was ready to fill the void, provided Turkey was willing to cooperate with China in the so-called fight against ‘Eastern Turkestan (Xinjiang)-sponsored terrorism’, namely to restrict, monitor and prevent the activities of Uyghur national organisations and leaders, most of whom were and are still based in Turkey. Consequently, since 1997 the Third Bureau (military attachés) of the People’s Liberation Army’s (PLA) General Staff Second Department (dealing with military intelligence) has been operating in Turkey as one of its most important, and presumably one of the most active, stations. Also in 1997, Turkey for the first time signed a contract with China for the procurement of 24 WS-1 302mm unguided rockets as well as 144 rockets for licenced-assembly in Turkey, to be supplied between 1998 and 2000. Turkey next began licence-producing the TR-300 rockets (or T-302, upgraded from the four-barrel WS-1B MLRS) under under the Turkish designation Kasırga (tornado).

In late 1998, based on a similar contract signed with the state-owned China Precision Machinery Import-Export Corp (CPMIEC), Ankara ordered some 15 of China’s most advanced short-range surface-to-surface battlefield support missiles (SSBSM)--the 150km-range B-611--and under Project J-600T, began license-producing an additional 200 more under a US$300 million deal. The first such missiles—known as Yıldırım (thunderbolt), were deployed as early as 2001. The solid-fuelled Yildirim-2 variant, featuring a 300km-range, was subsequently developed jointly by the defence industries research and development institute of the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK-SAGE), Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corp (MKEK), and the state-owned China Aerospace Science and Industry Corp (CASIC), while it was series-produced by Roket Sanayii ve Ticaret (Roketsan). Another product jointly developed by TUBITAK and CASIC (and produced by Roketsan) since 2004 is the 70mm (2.75-inch) ‘Cirit’ guided air-to-surface missile, which is derived from the Tianyan TY-90 (Heavenly Swallow) air-to-air missile. The ‘Cirit’ features a semi-active laser homing seeker, Goodrich Corp-built SiIMU-02 inertial measurement unit (IMU) and a 3kg armour-piercing warhead built with Class 5 insensitive munitions.The 14kg, 1.9 metre-long missile has a range of 8km with a high probability of hit on a 3 × 3 metre target at this rang

Then you must think the French copied the Germans too with their MICA:
1280px-MICA_P6230072.JPG

And the Japanese copied the Germans too I guess with their AAM-5:
AAM-5-001.jpg

@cabatli_53 this idiot is a troll.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom