What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Organizational structure of such projects is critical. It is not practical to force several defence industry giants to cooperate on technical details regarding critical subsystems. Drawing a line right into the middle of design process (by giving the responsibility of several important subsystems critical in the missile design to another rival), slows down technical procedures for sure; since these firms are actually rivals in these missile projects. The colloboration does not exist based on "vatan millet sakarya"; i can relate to people having hard time understanding that these firms try to wrestle the competition in this newly developed huge air defence projects. This "more is better" logic actually hurts the design stage and force technical stuff to deal with "resistance" to cooperate due to rivalry.

I really don´t understand you, what is wrong with cooperation or join venture.do you work for aselsan or roketsan?

I really don´t understand you, what is wrong with cooperation or join venture.do you work for aselsan or roketsan?

@Faith_of_the_Fallen has a point. It is not natural and unusual that two 'revial' countries or lets say two non-partner states are working and sharing technology in this kind of project which are substantial of every country. Even if NATO does not see Russia as a ravial or enemy, and Turkey is still a NATO partner. Which country would share this kind of technology secrets. All in all, everything is a matter of a price.

Americans foster kid South Korea's KM-SAM Cheongung system . Cold launch , course correction ... no wait they don't work with Russia

Americans foster kid South Korea's KM-SAM Cheongung system . Cold launch , course correction ... no wait they don't work with Russia

They did them with Russians help not Americans. And then, the Russians developed S-350 with knowledge they learned from.

Lt. Commander AKTOP also stated that they have taken the first step in the indigenous and national long-range air and missile defence system project dubbed as SİPER.

Enhanced Long Range Area Air and Missile Defence System [GUMS] Project was launched in 2016 by the SSB to meet the Turkish Air Force [TurAF]’s long range air and missile defence requirement via locally designed and manufactured, indigenous solutions. Aselsan has been tasked as Prime Contractor to cooperate with Roketsan and TÜBİTAK SAGE, main local subcontractors. The indigenous Enhanced Long-Range Area Air and Missile Defence System to be developed under the GUMS Project is dubbed the SİPER/HİSAR-U, which will be an original system with state-of-the-art military capability designed to counter the most challenging threats and slated to reach fruition in the mid-2020s. According to sources HİSAR-U will be equipped with Ka-Band RF seeker and would be able to intercept incoming ballistic missiles at 30 km and over altitudes with hit-to-kill concept/capability.

According to the Turkish MoND the SİPER/HISAR-U long-range air defence missiles can only be used against air breathing targets including fighter jets, UAVs and cruise missiles and will have an effective range of 70-90km.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...e-air-defence-and-missile-system-project-3381

Lt. Commander AKTOP also stated that they have taken the first step in the indigenous and national long-range air and missile defence system project dubbed as SİPER.

Enhanced Long Range Area Air and Missile Defence System [GUMS] Project was launched in 2016 by the SSB to meet the Turkish Air Force [TurAF]’s long range air and missile defence requirement via locally designed and manufactured, indigenous solutions. Aselsan has been tasked as Prime Contractor to cooperate with Roketsan and TÜBİTAK SAGE, main local subcontractors. The indigenous Enhanced Long-Range Area Air and Missile Defence System to be developed under the GUMS Project is dubbed the SİPER/HİSAR-U, which will be an original system with state-of-the-art military capability designed to counter the most challenging threats and slated to reach fruition in the mid-2020s. According to sources HİSAR-U will be equipped with Ka-Band RF seeker and would be able to intercept incoming ballistic missiles at 30 km and over altitudes with hit-to-kill concept/capability.

According to the Turkish MoND the SİPER/HISAR-U long-range air defence missiles can only be used against air breathing targets including fighter jets, UAVs and cruise missiles and will have an effective range of 70-90km.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...e-air-defence-and-missile-system-project-3381

I'm so confused by all of this. I thought Siper was different from both Hisar-U and STAMP-T. Can anyone correct the list below, I'm going to list them as I understand ;

Turkish (co-) developed SAM systems;
  • Korkut, projectile defense system, 4km
  • Hisar - A, uses missiles, 15km
  • Hisar - O, uses missiles, 25km
  • Hisar - U (SİPER), uses missiles, 70km
  • STAMP-T, uses missiles, 100km
(I over-simplified the ranges, they depend a lot on the targets speed and altitude).

I'm so confused by all of this. I thought Siper was different from both Hisar-U and STAMP-T. Can anyone correct the list below, I'm going to list them as I understand ;

Turkish (co-) developed SAM systems;
  • Korkut, projectile defense system, 4km
  • Hisar - A, uses missiles, 15km
  • Hisar - O, uses missiles, 25km
  • Hisar - U (SİPER), uses missiles, 70km
  • STAMP-T, uses missiles, 100km
(I over-simplified the ranges, they depend a lot on the targets speed and altitude).

Source for siper and samp-t range ?

2019-04-0812.24.318mje6.png

Hisar U / Siper from the post I've quoted, SAMP/T from various sources, for example ;
http://www.military-today.com/missiles/sampt.htm
But bro roketsan engineer says to me hisar-u and siper is a diffrent projects. Siper is a two staged semi active radar missile hisa-u one staged active radar seeking missile.
On the other hand

A source who you send says to samp-t range is 120 km.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom