What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Let me recommend an outdated but cheap, compact, tactical and lethal gun system m163 against todays biggest threads " UAVs".

As far as I understand Hisar A uses more complicated and expensive ammo. Korkuts ammo also is too powerful for little drones. Both KORKUT and Hisar chassises are too large and heavy. You can't produce a number of either so they arent cheap.

I would love to see mini tactical spaag with stinger style missiles on the field.
Terorists don't use high altitude drone as Bayraktar but they use little tactical gadgets even with bomb. İn war scenarios armies should apply little drones because of economical reasons.
20mm gun with cheap IR missiles is enough to defeat them. We look forward new spaag projects.
vadsside.jpg

id_m163_prototype_aberdeen_axilbund_700.jpg

ad_spaag_m163_m4.jpg

ad_spaag_m163_v2.jpg

The Machbet share's the same unusual system of operation as the M163 PIVADS, in that it has active radar to target and engage aircraft, but no on-board search radar. As such, contact must be made either visually, or with the assistance of a radar vehicle or site.

LAV AD
with 25mm gatling gun and 2 stinger pods.

3025_9-auto_downl.jpg

3025_11-auto_downl.jpg

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...its-vulcan-anti-aircraft-guns-for-good-reason
There is also a growing threat from North Korean unmanned aircraft which have been penetrating into South Korean territory for years now on reconnaissance missions. North Korean drones are rudimentary, but they could also be launched in large quantities to crudely attack various locales in South Korea, or even potentially deliver chemical or biological agents.

Last edited:
Let me recommend an outdated but cheap, compact, tactical and lethal gun system m163 against todays biggest threads " UAVs".

As far as I understand Hisar A uses more complicated and expensive ammo. Korkuts ammo also is too powerful for little drones. Both KORKUT and Hisar chassises are too large and heavy. You can't produce a number of either so they arent cheap.

I would love to see mini tactical spaag with stinger style missiles on the field.
Terorists don't use high altitude drone as Bayraktar but they use little tactical gadgets even with bomb. İn war scenarios armies should apply little drones because of economical reasons.
20mm gun with cheap IR missiles is enough to defeat them. We look forward new spaag projects.
vadsside.jpg

id_m163_prototype_aberdeen_axilbund_700.jpg

ad_spaag_m163_m4.jpg

ad_spaag_m163_v2.jpg

The Machbet share's the same unusual system of operation as the M163 PIVADS, in that it has active radar to target and engage aircraft, but no on-board search radar. As such, contact must be made either visually, or with the assistance of a radar vehicle or site.

LAV AD
3025_9-auto_downl.jpg

3025_11-auto_downl.jpg

They already came up with a cheap alternative. 40mm Airburst GL with Short Range radar.
guzel-jpg.538247

They changed the carrier vehicle

Makes more sense to use truck for prototyping, in terms of loading, unloading and transportation. Mechanical aspect of the ACV-30 launch system is probably tested and qualified.

@Combat-Master Bro, Five axis divert and altitude control for long altitude missiles !
A new area is commencing in Turkish missile systems ! Exoatmospheric killer systems ! ;)

No doubt about Aselsans control systems. For Roketsan, it's going to be a huge leap in their current capabilities - rocketry developed would have huge applications for space, possibility of landing robots onto distant planets for instance.

EKV THAAD
th.jpg

Expect for SIPER a two-stage rocket based on modified Bozdogan with booster.

SIPER:
okzb09-jpg.534352

And also big probably semi active radar homing.

But

Hisar-U will be one stage like patriot and big probably active radar homing missile (Roketsan Engineer)

And also I'm waiting anti-balistic version of hisar-u with eurosam help (My prediction)

And least I'm waiting hisar-gums is a two stage, semi active radar homing version of the hisar-u like we did bozdoğan booster improvement. (prediction) and if hisar-u 120 km Gums can be 200-250 km range.

Because we are announced a advanced version of missile who we not complete. This is probably a planned improvement project

enlighten us what is not good....
Organizational structure of such projects is critical. It is not practical to force several defence industry giants to cooperate on technical details regarding critical subsystems. Drawing a line right into the middle of design process (by giving the responsibility of several important subsystems critical in the missile design to another rival), slows down technical procedures for sure; since these firms are actually rivals in these missile projects. The colloboration does not exist based on "vatan millet sakarya"; i can relate to people having hard time understanding that these firms try to wrestle the competition in this newly developed huge air defence projects. This "more is better" logic actually hurts the design stage and force technical stuff to deal with "resistance" to cooperate due to rivalry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom