What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

different project, HisarU is Turkish and Siper is Aster equivalent.
Not. Roketsan Engineer says Siper is a Aselsan Tübitak joint project. I think he is a booster powered version of the bozdoğan with aselsan radars and subsystems

Not. Roketsan Engineer says Siper is a Aselsan Tübitak joint project. I think he is a booster powered version of the bozdoğan with aselsan radars and subsystems

Can you pls ask your resource. Will Bozdogan have a Ka-band active radar with secondary X-band passive channel?

Can you pls ask your resource. Will Bozdogan have a Ka-band active radar with secondary X-band passive channel?
Yes of course but he is radar range is 65 km must guided by teirs until he reach mid course for 120 km range.

well, they kinda had to include them if they wanted Turkey to risk US sanctions. Turkey probably insisted on it. I think that driving a wedge between two key NATO allies as a side effect of the sale is good enough reason for Russia to agree on it.

Air defense missile is not a weapon of mass destruction, so I dont think the MCTR rules apply.
Wrong it applies to all kinds of missiles.For Turkiye to buy this missile its must first leave MCTR agreement.

Wrong it applies to all kinds of missiles.For Turkiye to buy this missile its must first leave MCTR agreement.

Seems it does apply, but doesnt necessarily restrict the purchase.

"Greatest restraint is applied to what are known as Category I items. These items include complete rocket systems (including ballistic missiles, space launch vehicles and sounding rockets) and unmanned air vehicle systems (including cruise missiles systems, target and reconnaissance drones) with capabilities exceeding a 300km/500kg range/payload threshold; production facilities for such systems; and major sub-systems including rocket stages, re-entry vehicles, rocket engines, guidance systems and warhead mechanisms.

The remainder of the annex is regarded as Category II, which includes complete rocket systems (including ballistic missiles systems, space launch vehicles and sounding rockets) and unmanned air vehicles (including cruise missile systems, target drones, and reconnaissance drones) not covered in item I, capable of a maximum range equal to or greater than, 300km. Also included are a wide range of equipment, material, and technologies, most of which have uses other than for missiles capable of delivering WMD. While still agreeing to exercise restraint, partners have greater flexibility in the treatment of Category II transfer applications."

aren't there is restriction on exporting missile more than 300 km ?
S 400 is a defense system and as far as I can remember restrictions are to prevent delivery systems for nukes with over 500 kg or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom