What's new

Turkey willing to put troops in Syria 'if others do their part,' Prime Minister says

Mate, containment is not gonna work.

You couldn't finish taliban wit all your might and ISIS is much bigger, much sophisticated than taliban. So, of course air strikes won't do good in the long run. Infact, you are also killing local civilians while trying to target ISIS. Local support will just grow for ISIS.

About your question, mate until Assad goes Erdoğan won't be satisfied.

@libertad

Bro, i think we are (as Turkish people) justifiying ourselves with saying that. That was at 90's lot of water passed under the bridge. You remember before the Syrian Civil war ?

Assad and Erdoğan were best buddies.
View attachment 119587

View attachment 119588

So what did change ? Frankly, i don't know, i have read many theroies. But not a convincing one yet.
imo it's nothing but a shame that he even tried to be close with Syria. eye for an eye. maybe Erdogan just tried to hide his real face towards Assad all the time. if it is no problem that Erdogan can be friendly with Syria, then he can be friendly too with enemies like Armenia and Greece, which supported asela/dhkp-c/pkk against us, right? political attitude may change, but citizens don't forget the injustice. If Turkey starts to support a rebel group against Greece or Armenia, i would support that one too, just as payback for their support towards terrorism in Turkey.

Military wise he is good strategist . He hold the ground which he can control it and leave rest for others . Later all groups start fighting for the control of bigger chunk of Syria.

Assad wants FSA, ISIS to fight each other and weaken each other while Assad rebuilds his forces and fights defensively for the time being.

He is relying on Iran, China and Russia to rebuild his armed forces and Hezbollah proxies to continue to beef up his fighting power.

Once he is strong enough, he will launch a military offensive to re-take the remainder of Syria.

Personally I wish for Assad to rule Syria rather than these Terrorists.

Turkey will not jump in this fire, specially alone.Gulf monarch will provide money to Turks to fight this war plus all type of financial guarantees (may be), but at the end of day who will suffer ?. Guess. They are already facing huge refugee problem. That's exactly how Pakistan become victim of Afghanistan freedom from Russian. Only difference can be seen , these Syria refugee are much more civilized then Afghan refugee in Pakistan, they brought heroin and guns in Pak.

Last edited:
I saw in Picture Erdo, Abdullah all middle eastern kings and democrats were good buddy of Assad, but all of sudden they were parts of his destruction . How come overnight Assad was to be enemy of everyone ?

I dunno bro.... Erdoğan simply saying. "Assad killed his own people which made him evil. So, he should go." Is it that simple, i dunno. But i can't see the reasoning behind it.

Similar to AKP vs Gulenist brawl in Turkey. They were best buddies for years, suddenly they were on to each others throat. What happened, i dunno. :meeting:

hese ISIS terrorists pose a mortal danger to the world and must be wiped out.
Turkey needs to take a lead in this.

Okay, we will welcome UN troops in our land. Together we will wipe out ISIS and Assad.

I dunno bro.... Erdoğan simply saying. "Assad killed his own people which made him evil. So, he should go." Is it that simple, i dunno. But i can't see the reasoning behind it.

Similar to AKP vs Gulenist brawl in Turkey. They were best buddies for years, suddenly they were on to each others throat. What happened, i dunno. :meeting:

Okay, we will welcome UN troops in our land. Together we will wipe out ISIS and Assad.
May be its offend you or any other Turks. Its my assumption Turks were better off during military rule and always keep its elf away from Muslim world dirty politics.

Turkey was part of Alliance which fought North Korea and China during the Korean War.

ISIS on the very doorstep of Turkey will really impact Turkey's economic growth. As many foreign investors will be afraid to invest in Turkey due to the terrorism threat.

Turkey has superb armed forces and are battle hardenered fighting gureillas in their wars with PKK. They should be unleashed and wipe out ISIS.

With Turkish forces holding a large chunk of Syria, Assad can be brought to a negotiation table and we can finally end this disastarous war in Syria.

Turkey is key in this.

mo it's nothing but a shame that he even tried to be close with Syria. eye for an eye. maybe Erdogan just tried to hide his real face towards Assad all the time. if it is no problem that Erdogan can be friendly with Syria, then he can be friendly too with enemies like Armenia and Greece, which supported asela/dhkp-c/pkk against us, right? political attitude may change, but citizens don't forget the injustice. If Turkey starts to support a rebel group against Greece or Armenia, i would support that one too, just as payback for their support towards terrorism in Turkey.

Mate, so Germany and France should be hostile to each other ?

There were problem at the 90's but it was sorted out. There is no need to ruin a neighbours land. We were winning contracts and making sweet money out of Syria before that....

You shouldn't act with a revenge instinct on these matters. You should do what is for your best interests. A friendly Syria was for our interests. So, why did we break up that, i dunno...

Assad wants FSA, ISIS to fight each other and weaken each other while Assad rebuilds his forces and fights defensively for the time being.

He is relying on Iran, China and Russia to rebuild his armed forces and Hezbollah proxies to continue to beef up his fighting power.

Once he is strong enough, he will launch a military offensive to re-take the remainder of Syria.

And he is successful . Destroy chemical weapon of Syria was ultimate target of this mercenaries invasion. So, job is done and rest of anarchy for others.

Assad is going down. Pushed back in east, south and north. Now he relies on foreign mercenaries and armed locals. SAA doesnt exist anymore.

Syria's future will be Sunni.

Mate, containment is not gonna work.

You couldn't finish taliban wit all your might and ISIS is much bigger, much sophisticated than taliban. So, of course air strikes won't do good in the long run. Infact, you are also killing local civilians while trying to target ISIS. Local support will just grow for ISIS.

About your question, mate until Assad goes Erdoğan won't be satisfied.

@libertad

Bro, i think we are (as Turkish people) justifiying ourselves with saying that. That was at 90's lot of water passed under the bridge. You remember before the Syrian Civil war ?

Assad and Erdoğan were best buddies.
View attachment 119587

View attachment 119588

So what did change ? Frankly, i don't know, i have read many theroies. But not a convincing one yet.

Such scenes with Al-Assad can be found among all the Arab countries that are now his enemies. Al-Assad was a somewhat respected leader in the Arab world. We disagreed with him on certain areas such as his ties to the fake wannabe Arab Mullah's in Iran but otherwise nothing bad. Arabs were visiting, investing in Syria etc. by the thousands despite Syria being part of the "axis of evil" and sanctioned also if I don't recall wrongly.

During the inauguration of KAUST 5 years ago:

1c55184d9a8343babc42531dd4844435.jpg

9561c2224d0d45b8b56b0761f6b660b3.jpg

The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Washington, DC, USA

With Banana below;

2a2ddf9bc4655495cb6f948c7d26ba9b._.jpg

With the Jordanian King;

88ae7b9d1e6ffcfa912984ffb9df6c7e._.jpg

Al-Assad with the Sultan of Oman;

c365ce2a16b7151392d895bad7a8ef27.jpg

The House of Saud and Al-Assad family even share blood. Believe it or not!

Actually I had somewhat "high" hopes of Al-Assad and he being able to push Syria out of isolation and into the Arab fold more closely and kick starting closer ties but this quickly ended by his stupidity and insistence to cling on to power when all the other rulers in the Arab world affected by the Arab Spring largely gave their thrones away hindering bloodshed (Tunisia, Egypt) by large. But of course our Bashar could not stop being power hungry like other retarded ME leaders.

May be its offend you or any other Turks. Its my assumption Turks were better off during military rule and always keep its elf away from Muslim world dirty politics.

That was a horrible era... military doesn't knows how to rule a country. They ruined Turkey, each coup setback Turkey at least 10 years.

Anyways, i don't support meddling into ME affairs. But regardless doing it, we are in our best shape.

Assad is going down. Pushed back in east, south and north. Now he relies on foreign mercenaries and armed locals. SAA doesnt exist anymore.

Syria's future will be Sunni.

I disagree.

No ethnic or religious group should dominate Syria. It should be shared by all and each ethnic group protected from discrimination and persecution.

Turkey was part of Alliance which fought North Korea and China during the Korean War.
To enter NATO. We had a reason.

I
SIS on the very doorstep of Turkey will really impact Turkey's economic growth. As many foreign investors will be afraid to invest in Turkey due to the terrorism threat.

We had PKK terrorism for 30 years, it didn't hinder our economic growth. Turkey in 10 years quadrupled it's GDP.

Turkey has superb armed forces and are battle hardenered fighting gureillas in their wars with PKK. They should be unleashed and wipe out ISIS.

With Turkish forces holding a large chunk of Syria, Assad can be brought to a negotiation table and we can finally end this disastarous war in Syria.

Turkey is key in this.

Mate, no way... with UN or not. Nobody should expect Turkey to sacrife it's citizens life, for a terrorist organization nothing to do with us.

That was a horrible era... military doesn't knows how to rule a country. They ruined Turkey, each coup setback Turkey at least 10 years.

Anyways, i don't support meddling into ME affairs. But regardless doing it, we are in our best shape.
Nice to hear that, would like to see if you keep up this progress . But having a unstable neighbor is one worst thing a man wish for.

Mate, no way... with UN or not. Nobody should expect Turkey to sacrife it's citizens life, for a terrorist organization nothing to do with us.

What do you mean nothing to do with you?

They are at your very doorstep. Its like a murder standing outside your house and you are pretending everything is ok?

Back
Top Bottom