What's new

Turkey will closely follow Greek plans to revive oil bid in Aegean, says FM

I think Greece goverment is under pressure by they have borrowed some countries. These countries want to share 90% oil reserves. Greece will use only 10% oil. Of course Turkey won't allow because Aegean isn't only Greece. I hope Greeks might realize Turkey doesn't protect only self-interest.

what else does Turkey protest except self-interest? And by the way, no, Aegean is not only Greek, but it is mostly Greek. Actually about 90% of it is Greek and there is NO legal and just reason why it should ever be otherwise.

what else does Turkey protest except self-interest? And by the way, no, Aegean is not only Greek, but it is mostly Greek. Actually about 90% of it is Greek and there is NO legal and just reason why it should ever be otherwise.

Take a look on the Map and you will see Turkey will loose a direct Connection from Marmara to mediterran Sea. Our Navy and merchant Ships will need greek Aproval to get to mediterran Sea, this will have big Consequentes for our Economy and Security Interests !

Greek%2BEEZ.png

we should take it seriously and act accordingly I dont realy think that Greece is alone in this game...

Greece and Cyprus, Israel, American companies, Leviathan reservoir and potantial Agean&Eastern Mediterranean reservoirs and an undersea pipeline to Europe through Greek EEZ... I dont think we are in an advantageous position... what about inviting China and to a some extent Russia to this equation? lets turn mediterranean into a battle ground for big power's economic interests

or who knows may be this time, history does not repeat itself and for the first time in the history of Turkish & Greek relations, Greece seeks for a solution which is mutually beneficial... otherwise just another disappointment awaits them...

I think for the Future if the EU Negotiation will halt and their Dreams of having Access to Caspian Gas through TAP are failed. I could probably expect an likely military Confrontation with european Powers and Greece over EEZ in Aegean and Cyprus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emERorcU318

Simitis: Turkey-Greece war would last 2 hours

25 January 2012 / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL
Former Greek Prime Minister Kostas Simitis has said that Greece’s arms race with Turkey would give the country no advantage in a possible confrontation with Turkey, deeming it a waste of economic resources of the crisis-torn country, saying Greece would only last two hours in the event of a war with Turkey.

“Should a war with Turkey erupt, Greece’s armament would be of no use. Such a war will be fought for two or three hours,” Simitis claimed at a conference organized by the Germany-based Heinrich Böll Foundation in Berlin on Tuesday.

Greece, the country with the highest military expenditure-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio in Europe, has in a way become a victim of its arms race with Turkey. Despite claiming that Turkey tries to provoke the existing conflicts between the two countries, Simitis said: “Greece should not waste its resources on armament; it should instead turn to the EU to resolve any conflicts. The EU should be a guarantor for Greece’s external security.”

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-269607-simitis-turkey-greece-war-would-last-2-hours.html

I think for the Future if the EU Negotiation will halt and their Dreams of having Access to Caspian Gas through TAP are failed. I could probably expect an likely military Confrontation with european Powers and Greece over EEZ in Aegean and Cyprus.

Armed Austerity? Cash-strapped EU beefs up military - YouTube
I see that happening too. that of course if Greece remains in the EU, which is highly unlikely. Greece population is crippling, they won't be able to keep up with EU austerity plan program. Greece will default and the consequence will be an exit.

I see that happening too. that of course if Greece remains in the EU, which is highly unlikely. Greece population is crippling, they won't be able to keep up with EU austerity plan program. Greece will default and the consequence will be an exit.

I think that EU will do all in their might to keep Greece in EU, if Greece leave EU there will be a Risk for the West that Greece could come under Russian Influence !

I think that EU will do all in their might to keep Greece in EU, if Greece leave EU there will be a Risk for the West that Greece could come under Russian Influence !

They are already trying to keep Greece in EU...... but not at any cost. Greece has to prove it wants to stay in EU.

Do you think Greece won't be kicked out if they don't meet austerity measures? Believe they will be kicked out if they don't play ball.

About Russian influence. Greece will not dare to become a Russian puppet. They will get the same treatment as Iran which Greece won't survive two months.

Greece is not a powerful country. It is dependent on other countries and surrounded by western allies. They can't cause harm. They are like a kitten.

They are already trying to keep Greece in EU...... but not at any cost. Greece has to prove it wants to stay in EU.

Do you think Greece won't be kicked out if they don't meet austerity measures? Believe they will be kicked out if they don't play ball.

About Russian influence. Greece will not dare to become a Russian puppet. They will get the same treatment as Iran which Greece won't survive two months.

Greece is not a powerful country. It is dependent on other countries and surrounded by western allies. They can't cause harm. They are like a kitten.

If Greece come under Russian Influence, this lead the West to big strategic Disadvantages in the Region and strengthen Russias Position in the Eastern Mediterran and middle East. Russia also have the Monopol of Gas flow to Europe via Ukraine and Greece at the same Time !

In the Worst Russia is also in strong Position to Attack the 6th US Fleet in Italy as well Oil Field and US Bases in the middle East !

If Greece come under Russian Influence, this lead the West to big strategic Disadvantages in the Region and strengthen Russias Position in the Eastern Mediterran and middle East. Russia also have the Monopol of Gas flow to Europe via Ukraine and Greece at the same Time !

In the Worst Russia is also in strong Position to Attack the 6th US Fleet in Italy as well Oil Field and US Bases in the middle East !

Current situation put us into a difficult situation. Apart from regular anti-terror operations, we have Syrian issue at the hand. Diverting our attention to the west currently has to wait.

Secondly If Russia returns to the scene, that would mean US needs to change its attention. We might dictate our rules to some extent. Besides, Russia suffers same problem that USSR suffered. Minorities put Russian nationalism in a difficult position.

That is not an answer to my skepticism for Greece being a Russian puppet. Even with EU funds Greek population is starving. Just think what will happen to Greece if they wouldn't get EU funds, plus imagine a Greece that is being isolated by its neighbors. There would be a mass-starvation(look in the newspaper, even today with EU funds there is). Greece wouldn't dare being a Russian puppet. The consequences are too big and Greece knows it.

Current situation put us into a difficult situation. Apart from regular anti-terror operations, we have Syrian issue at the hand. Diverting our attention to the west currently has to wait.

Secondly If Russia returns to the scene, that would mean US needs to change its attention. We might dictate our rules to some extent. Besides, Russia suffers same problem that USSR suffered. Minorities put Russian nationalism in a difficult position.

I think in the same Way, we need pay the attention to the Situation in middle East. If we get involved in a ME Conflict, Turkey could become week, which Greece would exploit !

Since when is it Greece? Greece was created in 1821. There was no Greece state for more than 2000 years. Greece has to be more realistic and should learn to split the pie evenly, otherwise you will encounter a conflict like in 1974 Cyprus.

Since when is it Greece? Greece was created in 1821. There was no Greece state for more than 2000 years. Greece has to be more realistic and should learn to split the pie evenly, otherwise you will encounter a conflict like in 1974 Cyprus.

Patience is a virtue. Do you show your hand in card game? :)

Do you comprehend the notion of continuity or do you need a schematic.

It is Greek. If it wasn't the rest of the world would never recognise it. Just as Turkey's abomination of a country called Northern cyprus has troubles getting recognized as a legitimate state.

Nationalism is ok, but when it blinds common sense like it does in your case then it becomes a psychosis.

Take a look on the Map and you will see Turkey will loose a direct Connection from Marmara to mediterran Sea. Our Navy and merchant Ships will need greek Aproval to get to mediterran Sea, this will have big Consequentes for our Economy and Security Interests !

Don't be ridiculous, your navy and merchant ships will be just fine. Even at 12 miles of territorial waters, your ships have plenty of sea to move around. At any range of territorial waters, Greece has not the right to restrict another country, nor does it wish that.

That is NOT the reason and if you think it is, I am sorely disappointed.

You need to look elsewere for the reasons.

There is no continuation in Greek history. There is also no continuation of Ancient Greece and today's Greece. There is a big gap ala Grand Cayon.

LOL, talking about blind-nationalism.

Do you comprehend the notion of continuity or do you need a schematic.

It is Greek. If it wasn't the rest of the world would never recognise it. Just as Turkey's abomination of a country called Northern cyprus has troubles getting recognized as a legitimate state.

Nationalism is ok, but when it blinds common sense like it does in your case then it becomes a psychosis.

Don't be ridiculous, your navy and merchant ships will be just fine. Even at 12 miles of territorial waters, your ships have plenty of sea to move around. At any range of territorial waters, Greece has not the right to restrict another country, nor does it wish that.

That is NOT the reason and if you think it is, I am sorely disappointed.

You need to look elsewere for the reasons.

There are big answers, Read carefully!
A- 1- In the Aegean the territorial waters claimed by both sides are still at 6 miles. Wikipedia Aegean dispute
2- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea Wikipedia
You will see Turkey has not signed! Why A-1 ? The answer is A-2. Bro OK?
Countries that have not signed
Eritrea, Israel, Peru, Syria, Turkey, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Venezuela
landlocked: Andorra, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, San Marino, South Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Vatican City
states with limited recognition
B- The islands --> Demilitarized status Lausanne 1923 and Paris Peace 1947
C- The airspace is 6 miles. Why? Because territorial waters is 6 miles ok!
D- ......
E- ......

I hope you have understood this.

B- But Greece is still arming. Greece is breaking Lausanne 1923 and Paris Peace 1947
These are reasons for Casus-Belli.

Kolla götü demek Türkçesi

Back
Top Bottom