What's new

Turkey will closely follow Greek plans to revive oil bid in Aegean, says FM

Having a strong military does not mean you will get what you want.

EU provided a staggering 250 Bn Euros to Greece to save it from bankruptcy. You think they will let such an investment go down the drain because Turkey feels they haven't go enough sea?

Your words make no sense.

First of all, first sentence must be directed to Greeks not to make any UNILATREAL claims in Aegean Sea. You can't have it, just because you want. There are Turkiye's interests involved.

Secondly, if you really think Europeans will not let their investments go down, they will do everything to persuade Greeks not to do such a stupid move. Because, it would be a wasted money, then. I GUARANTEE you they will never want to get involved in a hot conflict in their such times and facing Turkiye by yourself is BEYOND your strength.

Don't trust other countries to make your war.

Your words make no sense.

First of all, first sentence must be directed to Greeks not to make any UNILATREAL claims in Aegean Sea. You can't have it, just because you want. There are Turkiye's interests involved.

Secondly, if you really think Europeans will not let their investments go down, they will do everything to persuade Greeks not to do such a stupid move. Because, it would be a wasted money, then. I GUARANTEE you they will never want to get involved in a hot conflict in their such times and facing Turkiye by yourself is BEYOND your strength.

Don't trust other countries to make your war.

My words make alot of sense. It is your words that unfortunately are saturated in arrogance.

Do you even read what you write? Who do you think you are? the US or Russia ? Not even they have this kind of attitude. Are you serious or just underaged?

My words make alot of sense. It is your words that unfortunately are saturated in arrogance.

Do you even read what you write? Who do you think you are? the US or Russia ? Not even they have this kind of attitude. Are you serious or just underaged?

We are not Russia or US but we are definitely stronger than Greece. If you think Greece can damage Turkiye 1 unit, you must understand that Turkiye can damage Greece 2 unit or more.

You don't even need to be a Turk to see this simple fact: Turkiye is beyond Greece's strength. Keep away or you will get a real good burn.

Greece and Greek Cyprus are aligning with Israel for exploration in Mediterrainan sea. I think it will be good enough for Greece to leave the hateful behavior against the Turks and solve the Aegean dispute once for All. Aligning with Israel will harm the reputation of Greek state and also Israel is not in a position to help Greece out of the way...

We are not Russia or US but we are definitely stronger than Greece. If you think Greece can damage Turkiye 1 unit, you must understand that Turkiye can damage Greece 2 unit or more.

You don't even need to be a Turk to see this simple fact: Turkiye is beyond Greece's strength. Keep away or you will get a real good burn.

So by that reasoning you will keep away from Israel and Russia right ?

you must be underaged because you really have no sense other than comparing how many planes and soldiers one has.

keep it up.

^Agreed. Brute force may work for Greeks and Armenians but "taking care of" Israel and Russia requires lots of planning current government of Turkey is uncapable of. Our continuous refusal to invade Syria evidents that.

I also want to say that war is fought by soldiers, not mathematicians. So let's not get too confident, numbers alone don't mean squat. There are infinite variables, no matter how hard you calculate you might not be able to anticipate the outcome of the move you made.

I don't know why i just said these things... pointless

we are too busy with ME and our internal affairs at the moment... Greece is just shortsightedly trying to exploit it and I would say a wrong calculation as usual. what worries me is this... we are already late, okay The Turkish Petroleum Corporation (TPAO) and the Mining Exploration Institute (MTA) each plan to buy a seismic research ship soon.however, we should improve our capabilities even further...action speaks louder. in the short run we can even cooperate with foreign companies for instance chevron as we did in black sea or who knows may be China as well just in case. this is rather an economic confrontation which must be urgently tackled. concerning the international law there is a few dozen disputed EEZs all over the word...so east-med and agean is and going to be just another one, in brief greek unileteral claims are hot air....... politically we are in an advantageous position every sane person with an adequte understanding of world politics may see this yet the only the disadvantage we have is we are a bit late but most importantly instead of taking initiative we are responding to others actions...may be it is understandable in some cases but not for energy sources we desperately in need

We don't need oil or other natural resources at the moment. That is why we didn't act. In the future those will become more valuable.

But Greece has its own situation and wants "easy" money. We didn't anticipate this.

^Agreed. Brute force may work for Greeks and Armenians but "taking care of" Israel and Russia requires lots of planning current government of Turkey is uncapable of. Our continuous refusal to invade Syria evidents that.

I also want to say that war is fought by soldiers, not mathematicians. So let's not get too confident, numbers alone don't mean squat. There are infinite variables, no matter how hard you calculate you might not be able to anticipate the outcome of the move you made.

I don't know why i just said these things... pointless

I thought you were wiser than thinking brute force is enough for Greece.

In any eventuality Military doctrine dictates that to overcome the defender (Which Greece will surely be) the attacker (which Turkey most certainly be) must have at least 3 or 4 times the military might.

currently Turkey does not have that. Not even the UK might have that. It is not about numbers, you are correct there.

Turkey is a much much more dangerous than Greece is. That much is true. Turkey will most likely cause a grave amount of damage in a prolonged conflict. But I don't think Turkey will have but a shadow of its Navy and Air force in such a case.

Thank God, most of your politicians knew this and still know this. The balance is changing. We are at turning point.

Things will go either your way or not. But it will not be the way you think it will.

Go pay the money back of eu member states. Bankrupt country have not money for war even spare parts for the f16.

Turkish banks also lend to Greece. Of course nothing compared to EU but then again. We should way our "options" what we should do if they don't pay back our money.

We don't need oil or other natural resources at the moment. That is why we didn't act. In the future those will become more valuable.

But Greece has its own situation and wants "easy" money. We didn't anticipate this.

We need oil and gas more then ever!
If we had our own oil and gas,think of what would happen.
Then only then we could become a powerhouse.

We need oil and gas more then ever!
If we had our own oil and gas,think of what would happen.
Then only then we could become a powerhouse.
At the moment we can get oil and gass from abroad. In the future oil and gas will be needed more than ever. When supplies dry up abroad, we will start with our natural resources. I think that is why we are so late with development for equipment for it.

Let me say it like this: when the world is in energy crises, we will start exploiting our resources. At the moment the energy crises hasn't hit.

Does anyone know how much oil there is in the Aegean?

I thought you were wiser than thinking brute force is enough for Greece.

In any eventuality Military doctrine dictates that to overcome the defender (Which Greece will surely be) the attacker (which Turkey most certainly be) must have at least 3 or 4 times the military might.
of-fvcking course this is war. But 3 or 4 times military might? This is too simple coming from an ex-officer like you. This isn't medieval age and we aren't besieging Constantinople.. or Vienna for that matter.

It might be true for Thrace where two armies' most assets are located but apparently Turkey has very little to gain from invading western Thrace. The battle will most likely take place for the islands in the Aegean and Turkey's recent upgrades to her amphibious fleet will make it capable to capture tens of islands at a time, no matter how fortified they are. In Thrace you have plenty of room to maneuver but the islands are much more vulnerable.

Let's hope that things don't come to this. Diplomatic channels are open. Last ting I'd want would be for the Greeks and Turks to hate each other for generations to come.

Back
Top Bottom