What's new

Turkey will closely follow Greek plans to revive oil bid in Aegean, says FM

of-fvcking course this is war. But 3 or 4 times military might? This is too simple coming from an ex-officer like you. This isn't medieval age and we aren't besieging Constantinople.. or Vienna for that matter.

It might be true for Thrace where two armies' most assets are located but apparently Turkey has very little to gain from invading western Thrace. The battle will most likely take place for the islands in the Aegean and Turkey's recent upgrades to her amphibious fleet will make it capable to capture tens of islands at a time, no matter how fortified they are. In Thrace you have plenty of room to maneuver but the islands are much more vulnerable.

Let's hope that things don't come to this. Diplomatic channels are open. Last ting I'd want would be for the Greeks and Turks to hate each other for generations to come.

Of course we have covered that before, but most of your fellow countrymen in here and your comment about brute force seemed to point out that people are talking about an all out war! Which of course seemed strange to me!!

Of course we have covered that before, but most of your fellow countrymen in here and your comment about brute force seemed to point out that people are talking about an all out war! Which of course seemed strange to me!!
I think of violence as a need. Like sleeping it rises in certain occasions.

Those who can't satisfy this particular need try to use it as a solution to everything. Like primitive cave men, or the guy who fix his TV by hitting it :) There's another problem which starts when you think of others as strange entities. Like how Hitler used the term "sub humane" to define them Russians.

Whaatever... who am i to judge?

The news regarding Greece EEZ reported by Vima newspaper last week was asked to Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras. He gave a short answer "required actions will be done in honesty and the spirit of cooperation".

The newspaper also reports from an official of the US Embassy in Athens regarding the United States stance to Greece EEZ plan which US has warned Greece to not act unilaterally to determine the exclusive economic zones.

Yunanistan 'Ege Petrolünde' Temkinli 13 Ocak 2013 20:12

As expected, Greece will not act unilaterally about the EEZ which I already mentioned Greece EEZ is not acceptable for Turkiye, period.

The news regarding Greece EEZ reported by Vima newspaper last week was asked to Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras. He gave a short answer "required actions will be done in honesty and the spirit of cooperation".

The newspaper also reports from an official of the US Embassy in Athens regarding the United States stance to Greece EEZ plan which US has warned Greece to not act unilaterally to determine the exclusive economic zones.

Yunanistan 'Ege Petrolünde' Temkinli 13 Ocak 2013 20:12

As expected, Greece will not act unilaterally about the EEZ which I already mentioned Greece EEZ is not acceptable for Turkiye, period.

They have been talking about this EEZ story for decades, and nothing happened as you can see. Every politician in Greece defined whole Aegean Sea as "an undeniable right of Greece's EEZ" to win the election and right after winning the election, they were briefed by their bureaucrats that it is not easy to take such step at the expense of opposing Turkiye.

The story gets boring for us and depressing for Greeks day by day.

They have been talking about this EEZ story for decades, and nothing happened as you can see. Every politician in Greece defined whole Aegean Sea as "an undeniable right of Greece's EEZ" to win the election and right after winning the election, they were briefed by their bureaucrats that it is not easy to take such step at the expense of opposing Turkiye.

The future is unfolded at a rate of 1 sec/sec. Wait and we shall all see.

Indeed...Samaras must be confident for the coming elections now..Greek logic is simple; Attacking Turkey : Vote :)
Thats why this news is considered as a low importance news in the Turkish media...yawn..

I'm not worried to be honest. I'm sure Turkey and Greece will find a solution that will please both sides. Give some credit to whoever is in charge of both respective countries, I'm sure these people are wise and understanding of each-others interests.

Now, in my humble opinion, a real leader is someone who not only looks out for the interests of his/her own citizens, but also of the opposing/neighboring countries citizens. I just hope, and am hopeful that both countries (and the rest of the world) have these types of people in charge.

I'm not worried to be honest. I'm sure Turkey and Greece will find a solution that will please both sides. Give some credit to whoever is in charge of both respective countries, I'm sure these people are wise and understanding of each-others interests.

Now, in my humble opinion, a real leader is someone who not only looks out for the interests of his/her own citizens, but also of the opposing/neighboring countries citizens. I just hope, and am hopeful that both countries (and the rest of the world) have these types of people in charge.

This is the right choice in first place but you are forgetting the fact Turk hatred is the corner stone of Greek identity :coffee: Instead of cooperating with us and sharing(%50-%50) any gas reserves found in Aegean they would rather choice bring other petrolium firms and give bigger percentage to foreigners.

This is the right choice in first place but you are forgetting the fact Turk hatred is the corner stone of Greek identity :coffee: Instead of cooperating with us and sharing(%50-%50) any gas reserves found in Aegean they would rather choice bring other petrolium firms and give bigger percentage to foreigners.

Where the hell do you get these "facts" from? Are you serious ? Stop spreading these misconceptions and lies. In actual -sad- fact you have NO neighbour that is as friendly to Turkey as Greece is and THAT is saying a lot!

In every city you go in the UK, turkish students hang out with the Greek students.. I know cause I have witnessed it in more than 6 major cities.

Blind people, open your eyes.

What you just said about Greeks is pretty provocative bro. There is no need for this. This is how hatred starts. How would you feel if a Greek member wrote the exact same thing about Turkish people? You would feel angry, maybe even sad that you are misrepresented and would wanna respond maybe with an insult or something. This then turns into a chain-reaction of hate and flaming.

If someone insults my country, I just feel sad that he feels that way about my country and effectively about me.
But when I see someone from my country insulting and trolling someone from another nation, I feel angry because that is not the way I want to be represented.

In every city you go in the UK, turkish students hang out with the Greek students.. I know cause I have witnessed it in more than 6 major cities.
I've heard the situation is pretty much the same in Germany. Turks and Greeks get along well in Europe.

But one thing I'm very sure, call it hatred, fear or whatever. It does exist in Greek mainland. There's no way it doesn't while your news sources are so pumped up with it.

I've heard the situation is pretty much the same in Germany. Turks and Greeks get along well in Europe.

But one thing I'm very sure, call it hatred, fear or whatever. It does exist in Greek mainland. There's no way it doesn't while your news sources are so pumped up with it.

Ever considered that what you call "fear" might just be the interpretation of the Turkish foreign policy as it appears to the eyes of the Greeks and it has nothing to do with hatred towards anyone?

Ever considered that what you call "fear" might just be the interpretation of the Turkish foreign policy as it appears to the eyes of the Greeks and it has nothing to do with hatred towards anyone?

Which foreign policy and how it appears in the eyes of Greeks?

we should take it seriously and act accordingly I dont realy think that Greece is alone in this game...

Greece and Cyprus, Israel, American companies, Leviathan reservoir and potantial Agean&Eastern Mediterranean reservoirs and an undersea pipeline to Europe through Greek EEZ... I dont think we are in an advantageous position... what about inviting China and to a some extent Russia to this equation? lets turn mediterranean into a battle ground for big power's economic interests

or who knows may be this time, history does not repeat itself and for the first time in the history of Turkish & Greek relations, Greece seeks for a solution which is mutually beneficial... otherwise just another disappointment awaits them...

I think Greece goverment is under pressure by they have borrowed some countries. These countries want to share 90% oil reserves. Greece will use only 10% oil. Of course Turkey won't allow because Aegean isn't only Greece. I hope Greeks might realize Turkey doesn't protect only self-interest.

Back
Top Bottom