What's new

Turkey unveils hybrid main battle tank

Do you want money for your weapons or not? Idf your country doesn't want to sell we'll buy from someone else. Not everything is made in China.
Really? If u want, we can terminate the JF-17 project one and we have no problem with that.

Most of Chinese hardware are sold to Pakistan at special rate. And you think the western countries will sell you at special discount rate, tell me how much is your annual military budget? Do u have a trilion economy like India?

The JF-17 engine supply from Russia is secure by Chinese gurantee in the first place.

And too bad your brother turkey can't secure any propulsion if not your T-129K wouldn't have so much problem? :enjoy:

Talking big is useless. Real national strength is the key.

If you keep false accusations of Chinese Uighur torture. Feel free not to buy Chinese military hardware and stop taking our loan. If u don't take out money , I will say u are a hero but taking our money and then stab us at back just show what a hypocrite and fake self righteous being you are.

Last edited:
Really? If u want, we can terminate the JF-17 project one and we have no problem with that.

Most of Chinese hardware are sold to Pakistan at special rate. And you think the western countries will sell you at special discount rate, tell me how much is your annual military budget? Do u have a trilion economy like India?

The JF-17 engine supply from Russia is secure by Chinese gurantee in the first place.

And too bad your brother turkey can't secure any propulsion if not your T-129K wouldn't have so much problem? :enjoy:

Talking big is useless. Real national strength is the key.

If you keep false accusations of Chinese Uighur torture. Feel free not to buy Chinese military hardware and stop taking our loan. If u don't take out money , I will say u are a hero but taking our money and then stab us at back just show what a hypocrite and fake self righteous being you are.

Special rates lol... You need to offer those rates as nobody else is buying your weapons.

Special rates lol... You need to offer those rates as nobody else is buying your weapons.
We have a 15 trillion USD dollar economy. We are not desperate. Why no guts to terminate JF-17 deal or stop taking our loan? Did I hit right on your nerve?

Useless fellow like u who only know how to talk big but can't act..

As for loans or weapons purchases I think you might be struggling to understand capitalism. We will get weapons and loans from wherever we get them cheapest. Whilst your country offers that we will use you as a supplier. When you don't we won't.

There is no crossover between politics and business.
We have a 15 trillion USD dollar economy. We are not desperate. Why no guts to terminate JF-17 deal or stop taking our loan? Did I hit right on your nerve?

Useless fellow like u who only know how to talk big but can't act..

If you have the big balls cancel CPEC. try accessing Arabian Sea through India or Afghanistan or Iran.

As for loans or weapons purchases I think you might be struggling to understand capitalism. We will get weapons and loans from wherever we get them cheapest. Whilst your country offers that we will use you as a supplier. When you don't we won't.

There is no crossover between politics and business.

If you have the big balls cancel CPEC. try accessing Arabian Sea through India or Afghanistan or Iran.
Lol.. CPEC is gift to Pakistan. We have plenty of routes from Russia, kazakhstan and even Turkey to Europe and Russia is slowly becoming a big oil supply to us plus our ever improving r/s. In fact Myanmar is more suitable as the ideal location for us to go India ocean.

Feel free to cancel and return the money injected.

When western propanganda claim Pakistan running terrorist camp and sponsor terrorist. Did any Chinese members start those thread or ever question Pakistan establishment whether they are running terror camp?

And u the ungrateful taking money/loan and received our aid got the cheek to listen to western spinning and make false accusations against Chinese.

When all members of permanent members try to link Pakistan as sponsor for terrorist. China is the only country veto their act.

Are you trying to make Chinese to believe Pakistan are indeed supporting terrorist? Tell me?

So this what China get for helping Pakistan? Tell me what is your upbringing?

I have no qualms against most Pakistanis. We thank them for their support and understanding. It just a few detestable pest who has who are too foolish to listen to western hearsay and carries out the ungrateful act.

Last edited:
Lol.. CPEC is gift to Pakistan. We have plenty of routes from Russia, kazakhstan and even Turkey to Europe and Russia is slowly becoming a big oil supply to us plus our ever improving r/s. In fact Myanmar is more suitable as the ideal location for us to go India ocean.

Feel free to cancel and return the money injected.

When western propanganda claim Pakistan running terrorist camp and sponsor terrorist. Did any Chinese members start those thread or ever question Pakistan establishment whether they are running terror camp?

And u the ungrateful taking money/loan and received our aid got the cheek to listen to western spinning and make false accusations against Chinese.

When all members of permanent members try to link Pakistan as sponsor for terrorist. China is the only country veto their act.

Are you trying to make Chinese to believe Pakistan are indeed supporting terrorist? Tell me?

So this what China get for helping Pakistan? Tell me what is your upbringing?

I have no qualms against most Pakistanis. We thank them for their support and understanding. It just a few detestable pest who has who are too foolish to listen to western hearsay and carries out the ungrateful act.

You're so full of it. You're not helping, your investing capital to make money back.

You're so full of it. You're not helping, your investing capital to make money back.
The one too full of himself is you. Face the reality and work what best. Fools like u try to make enemies everywhere will make Pakistan end up with nothing.

The one too full of himself is you. Face the reality and work what best. Fools like u try to make enemies everywhere will make Pakistan end up with nothing.

People like you want us to be subservient to you. We won't. Our relationship is purely commercial. Like any lender/creditor, or supplier/customer.

Politically some parts of our nations interests align - not everything does.

More than ever, Chinese members are feeling exposed at people questioning their nations alleged human rights abuses and and you people are trying to silence us through threats. It wont work. Like I said before - our leadership class is the slaves, not the people. If a powerful nation tells the Pakistani leadership class to Jump they will respond with "how high". Not all of us are like them.

Your lack of PR skills as a nation and your culture of intolerance towards difference of opinions and cultures is an achilles heel at the global stage. All over the world where there are OBOR projects there is the begining of tension with locals. It's because you insist upon yourselves. You as a nation need to learn not to do that.

We have plenty of weaknesses and flaws, but being blind is not one of them.

People like you want us to be subservient to you. We won't. Our relationship is purely commercial. Like any lender/creditor, or supplier/customer.

Politically some parts of our nations interests align - not everything does.

More than ever, Chinese members are feeling exposed at people questioning their nations alleged human rights abuses and and you people are trying to silence us through threats. It wont work. Like I said before - our leadership class is the slaves, not the people. If a powerful nation tells the Pakistani leadership class to Jump they will respond with "how high". Not all of us are like them.

Your lack of PR skills as a nation and your culture of intolerance towards difference of opinions and cultures is an achilles heel at the global stage. All over the world where there are OBOR projects there is the begining of tension with locals. It's because you insist upon yourselves. You as a nation need to learn not to do that.

We have plenty of weaknesses and flaws, but being blind is not one of them.
Like I say, since you think you are so righteous. You shouldn't take China loan in the first place. The lack of HR and skill is you. You just exposed your hypocrisy. You can only survive in this forum with protect against topic about Pakistan human right abuse.

Out in other forum , they are tons of thread digging up this issue and you really think nobody question about human right abuses in Pakistan? I do understand pakistan and their internal problem but out of respect for many friendly Pakistanis. The feud is only between a few and me.

The real world do not revolve around this forum , out of this protection. You can truly see how Pakistan being view by the rest of the world.

Last edited:
I don't understand how turkish, chinese, pakistani members start fighting each other over some trivial matters. Don't we all have same common enemy, US dictatorship? I don't see any common sense here.

I am sure it is just entertainment. Remember that the more divided your enemy believes you to be the better your odds against your enemy.
If your enemy doesn't know who his enemies are or even what they are then how can your enemy counter them?

Members are advised to not derail this thread. Thanks.

Photo by Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Defense

Turkey has unveiled an upgraded version of its hybrid main battle tank which combining the hull of a Leopard 2A4 with the turret of an Altay.

The latest version of the tank was displayed during the visit of the Minister of National Defense Hulusi Akar to the BMC Plant.
The upgraded Leopard 2A4 is equipped with a Turkish-made active protection system and laser warning systems. It combines the chassis of Germany’s tank with the turret of locally developed Altay with 120mm (4.7 in) smoothbore gun.

Altay is Turkey’s domestically designed and manufactured third-generation+ main battle tank and developed under Turkey’s largest land platform project.

Altay incorporates state-of-the-art technologies enabling enhanced armour protection, mobility and firepower.

Earlier in October 2019, a senior shareholder in BMC Ethem Sancak stated the Altay tank would be fielded within 24 months but the program faced major delays due to failed access to significant components like the engine, transmission and armor.

If you wish to report grammatical or factual errors within our news articles, you can let us know by using the online feedback form.

If you would like to show your support for what we are doing, here's where to do it: patreon.com/defenceblog

Executive Editor

Turkey unveils hybrid main battle tank (defence-blog.com)
I thought you meant hybrid as in hybrid-fuel and I was like its no nice of them to make an environmentally friendly death machine.

Tanks are having a lot of problems right now and their not as useful as they used to be thanks to drones and TOWs but their still too valuable an asset on the battlefield to give up. Not even a drone can match the firepower of a tank.

I thought you meant hybrid as in hybrid-fuel and I was like its no nice of them to make an environmentally friendly death machine.

Tanks are having a lot of problems right now and their not as useful as they used to be thanks to drones and TOWs but their still too valuable an asset on the battlefield to give up. Not even a drone can match the firepower of a tank.
Yep, tanks can be made much smaller if powerpacks can be made smaller.

Unlike a car, in a tank not only the engine block is huge, but transmission can be almost as big, cooling, and other liquids systems are equally huge. Brakes are gigantic, and heavy.

Replace mechanical drives by electronics, and you can throw away transmission, brakes, reduce the size of everything else.

Also, if you add a small battery, you can get a huge addition to peak power for free.

Yep, tanks can be made much smaller if powerpacks can be made smaller.

Unlike a car, in a tank not only the engine block is huge, but transmission can be almost as big, cooling, and other liquids systems are equally huge. Brakes are gigantic, and heavy.

Replace mechanical drives by electronics, and you can throw away transmission, brakes, reduce the size of everything else.

Also, if you add a small battery, you can get a huge addition to peak power for free.

We will do exactly that!

According to some writings we would go directly to the hybrid system without taking the risk of mechanical transmission. BATU tank engine in 1500 HP class is expected to be ready for this job.

UTKU engine in 1000 HP class and the transmission that comes with it will be finished this year and will be fitted to the Storm 2 howitzers.

Back
Top Bottom