What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

BREAKING: A US military spokesman says the plane was shot down "at the border" but could not confirm whether it was on the Turkish or Syrian side. - Sky

:coffee:

I think with the murder of the pilots by rebels allied to Turkey, that this means Russia may react politically or economically.

I see one of the biggest tourism companies in Russia has halted all bookings to Turkey.

And they are brought to Syria from where? Yep, Turkish border. Genius answer indeed.

True, same with Jordan.
But your initial comment made it seem as if we're the guys flooding them with TOWS directly from our own stocks.

BREAKING: A US military spokesman says the plane was shot down "at the border" but could not confirm whether it was on the Turkish or Syrian side. - Sky

:coffee:

Nice bit of fence sitting there by the Americans.

Obama's administration is so useless.

The US says it will continue airstrikes in Syria "as planned".

US Army Colonel Steve Warren, a spokesman for the US-led military campaign against Islamic State, said the downing of the Russian jet would not impact its operations.

"This is an incident between the Russian and the Turkish governments. It is not an issue that involves the (US-led coalition operations)," Warren told a Pentagon briefing, via video-conference from Baghdad. - Sky

What a weak response. Obama is just kicking the can on this if it's true. He'll have to figure out a way to slap Erdogan down whilst trying to save his face. He'll need some time for that.

The world should ask this basic question. How many times more the World tolerate radical Islam?

If same level of tolerance was shown to Nazis all Europe was discussing if Southern French was "white enough" to be Aryan by now. Just tell me do the people of the world see any difference between Nazism and radical Islam? And if so please enlighten me.

And Turkey isn't being ruled by dictator whom levels it's cities with barrel bombs.

That's what happens when terrorists take your cities and take shelter inside your homes.

This is Silvan, Turkey, try to justify that.

CThh7cKWUAAKYjy.jpg

I doubt a Turkish jet will even think of entering Syria for fear of retaliation. After all, just our s300 can take out your entire air force and then some. Let alone the S400.

You can perform a few stunts from time to time but you really need to understand where the balance of power lies.
Balance of power in Syria lies with Turkey. You can't send a significant amount of supplies to Syria and support a long term operation without going through the bosphorus. Turkey has more potential to establish air, naval and land superiority in the Syria theater than Russia can. In war it is about who has the most troops and capabilities in the area of interest not about who has more troops somewhere far away from the battle zone.

True, same with Jordan.
But your initial comment made it seem as if we're the guys flooding them with TOWS directly from our own stocks.
You are doing much worse stuff like keeping the borders wide open for ISIS.

I doubt a Turkish jet will even think of entering Syria for fear of retaliation. After all, just our s300 can take out your entire air force and then some. Let alone the S400.

You can perform a few stunts from time to time but you really need to understand where the balance of power lies.
Like i said before, we are not entering Syrian airspace for a long time now. You don't know about anything in Syria yet talk and talk and talk..... :disagree:

Also, you know nothing about Tuaf's capabilities, the measurements we developed for S-300 when Greece bought and placed them on their Islands.

So, please spare me from future discussions.

It is amazing how Iranian members are all in one side trying to find the lost justice for Russia :disagree:.

Even more amazing? How you have been trying since page one to make it about Iranians, your regular obsession, while all Iranians have ignored you. :)

There is no 'lost justice' here, it's all about exposing the true face of Muslim Brotherhood group ruling Turkey, be it a Russian plane or anyone else's

Dude, You are making too much sound thanks to 12 fighter, a few tanks next to our borders. Destroying all your rusty Black sea fleet + Syrian troops will take just a day for Turkey Army. You also know it very well. Either respect our borders, or You will receive such hard responses !
All right all right:lol:

And the next day your "Turkey army" can march into Moscow and the day after it, you will enter Tehran and finally you will save your ighour brothers (what the hell was the name of your Turkic brothers in China?) from chinese at the last day.

Someone must stop selling you drugs:lol:

Maybe it's time for some cool headed look on the story, shall we?

First of all, this incident is basically depending on whether or not the shot down is justified?

The first thing not many people know is that even the jet is shot down in Syria airspace, the shooting can still be justified by Turkey as per international law.

Scenario 1 ) The inherit right of self-defence, even with the aircraft physically located within Syria, if and had the Russian aircraft engage or gain target lock to the Turkish aircraft, couple with the fact that the Russian aircraft did penetrate inside Turkish airspace prior to engagement (can be seen as hostile action) there are inherit right for the Turkish F-16 to shoot down the Su-24. Had the Su-24 missile lock on the F-16.

Scenario 2) The F-16 could have engaged target HH038-180 (Still located within Turkish airspace) but the missile (AIM-120C) hit HH037-203 instead, it's not uncommon for Passive radar missile (such as AIM-120C) to lose radar track and reacquire a new target. Had HH038-180 fire countermeasure the moment the F-16 launch their AIM-120, it can fool the missile to lose track and they will acquire a new (And only apparent target - HH037-203) and while the missile had already fired, the pilot cannot do anything about it.

Radar-track-706x567.png

This is the Turkish supplied Flight Radar image on the shoot down.

The Russia had not supplied any evidence on the flight path of their jet, so comment on Russia angle is not available.

I would look at all the fact before charging anyone's fault on the incident

Russia will wipe Turkey off the map kid. Turkish military is a joke with a bunch of F-16. You got nothing else boy.

Say goodbye to Turkey.

In your dreams boy. I think You suppose the wars as computer games and In your brain, The Favorite weapon has additional kill point and the nations who has such overkill points, will announce their victories ? Come to real World !

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom