What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Do we look like a third world country to you?
''wriggle their way out of this with just a few scratches to show for it'',really?
I don't know how you came to that conclusion based on what I had said.

Its not at all an issue of sovereignty.

Russia are fighting a war for the better good of the world and all of the people knows they are trying to eliminate ISIS from the face of the earth. There is no place for a sovereignty on occasions like it.

Downing the plane is an excuse to create a confrontation with NATO and Russia over the issue.

Its sad that Turkey is up to childish antics.

You will reap what you saw.

"According to Reuters, the video was sent by a rebel group operating in the northwestern area of Syria, where groups including the Free Syrian Army are active but Islamic State has no known presence."

What an utter mess, the West is going to find this fact (if it turns out to be the case the FSA are the members in the video) particuarly hard to swallow. These so-called "moderates" that they have armed are in the buisness of executing bailed-out pilots and Russians at that.

I'm sure Putin will have little problem using this to his advantadge.

Even I wondered that, its a real drama happening out there. But no matter what one thing we are clear. West created ISIS. no denying that fact and world will slowly start supporting Russia.

Just to burst your bubble, you are a no one with out NATO. and thats what you did exactlly right after shooting that jet you consulted NATO, instead of Russia as you downed that plane. Your policies are well known. Save us the trouble.
Yes you are right,we were nothing without NATO,everytime we went to war,NATO saved our azz.
Could you remined me when again,was it in Cyprus,Northern Iraq?
Maybe you dont know this but everytime a country from NATO is in such a situation,it concults other NATO members,try using your brain sometimes.

Last edited:
Well said and I suspect things will only get worse fro the Turkish side as time goes by. I think the key is at what level the authority to shoot down the Russian plane came- if it was from the President himself then the Turks are really in a bad spot. If it came from a local area commander (I can't beleive this would be the case) perhaps the Turks can wriggle their way out of this with just a few scratches to show for it.

True, but i doubt it if a Local Area Commander can authorize an engagement with a Russian Plane. Even the most Incompetent Officer would know that this would have International Repercussions. Turkey is already in damage control, they have already summoned the envoys of several major States to explain their position. That is proof enough that they are panicking.

Just saw the pictures of the Deal Pilots. It looks like they took some severe beating as their faces look so bruised up. This is not good news for Turkey, i believe things would reduced to normality if the Pilots would have survived but when these pictures of the dead pilots start hitting major news stations, Turkey will loose the sympathy card.

Turkey warned Russia not to bomb these Ethnic Turkmen last week when they were taking some severe beating from the Russian Air Force, this was only a show of strength from the Turkish Side. But now expect the Spetsnaz to lead an operation and take this area from these Ethnic Turkemen with massive brutality. Reports are already coming in, Massive Bombardments have started in the Area and you can be damn sure this time SU30's are patrolling the skies Armed to the Teeth with A2A Missiles.

This is about Turkish sovereignty, not its goverment. Regardless how bad ones goverment is, you have NO right to violate our airspace. They still went ahead and did even after they did it before and Turkey clearly stated their rules of engagement will be changed from that point forward. The Russians chose to poke the wolf, and now the wolf bit their ballz off. Let them come. I couldnt give two shits about Erdogan or AKP.

If Russia thinks we are Ukraine, which will just stand by as they gain influence and power then you are surely mistaken. This is about Turkey taking a firm stands against Russian aggresian and their meddling with ours and middle-eastern affairs. This was long overdue.

If the Russian jet didnt enter Turkish airspace, i am willing to apologize and recognize the mistake.

If the Russian bomber didn't violate Turkish airspace,you should offer one of your planes to be shotdown by the Russians。

True, but i doubt it if a Local Area Commander can authorize an engagement with a Russian Plane. Even the most Incompetent Officer would know that this would have International Repercussions. Turkey is already in damage control, they have already summoned the envoys of several major States to explain their position. That is proof enough that they are panicking.
These are my thoughts also, I was just talking hypothtically- potentially the Turks could squirm their way out of it IF it had been the actions of a lone area commander but that seems very, very unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom