What's new

'Turkey gets cold shoulder from Shanghai Cooperation'

It is very natural the Chinis don't want Turkey in. Turkey has historical background in central-asia and that would undermine Chinese power. Any way, I think sooner or later China will go into a "great chinese recesion" as economist predict. After China is out or disintegrated they won't be able to sabotage us anymore.

If China offers the Turks to trade Xinjiang for Turkey will you guys go for it ?

What I said in several debates with Turkish members here turned true. I used to explain our countries concerns over possible Turkish unwanted intervention in Arab countries internal issues which would lead into serious consequences, and it did.

Many Turks also said the same, its not really hard to understand this.

Many Turks also said the same, its not really hard to understand this.

Actually, most Turkish members used to brag about their "influence" in Arab countries. Don't get me wrong, it's very unfortunate to see Turkish relations are deteriorating but AKP intervention was a mistake.

Actually, most Turkish members used to brag about their "influence" in Arab countries. Don't get me wrong, it's very unfortunate to see Turkish relations are deteriorating but AKP intervention was a mistake.

Hımm, we were talking about a possible future with you. As far as i know, we are still on good terms with Arab countries except Syria, Iraq, Egypt.

Hımm, we were talking about a possible future with you. As far as i know, we are still on good terms with Arab countries except Syria, Iraq, Egypt.

Forget about Syria and Iraq, your relations with Egypt and the GCC as well as Jordan is not the same as it was before Egyptian latest revolution. As a matter of fact Jordan-Turkey relations has always been very good and still nonetheless.

You said it yourself,the key word is AKP.
We the rest were against from the beginning.

Forget about Syria and Iraq, your relations with Egypt and the GCC as well as Jordan is not the same as it was before Egyptian latest revolution. As a matter of fact Jordan-Turkey relations has always been very good and still nonetheless.

Yeap, Erdogan acted like a crazy in the Egypt issue. Our relations might be strained at that time but the Sultan toned down his voice. I think we will continue to have good relations. But Egypt is a lost case unless a regime change happens in Turkey or Egypt this strained relations will continue with them.

Bully bully bully :lol:

No seriously, The role Turkey plays and the lead she is taking reflect how influential she is in the region, but it would take sometime to go global.
Thx for your kind words but seriously, Turkey has clearly a significant influence in region (ME, Balkan, Caucasus, Central Asia), but to be honest Turkey has not the resources to have a significant globally influance (Economic, Politically, Population).
But we can agree that Turkey could influence global policy if we had a economy like Germany or Japan.

Yeap, Erdogan acted like a crazy in the Egypt issue. Our relations might be strained at that time but the Sultan toned down his voice. I think we will continue to have good relations. But Egypt is a lost case unless a regime change happens in Turkey or Egypt this strained relations will continue with them.

Egypt is busy solving its own complicated domestic problems , they have no time to build rivalries with other countries, if only Erdogan forgets about them then things would go back to normal.

but to be honest Turkey has not the resources to have a significant globally influance (Economic, Politically, Population).

Economically, Turkey is doing a greart job same is to be said on political level and population. They only problem Turkey may face is the boost up toward heavy industrialization. Turkey should press hardly on making the best quality of its products.

As for global influance, I guess Turkey is being backed by many countries including ours.

Thx for your kind words but seriously, Turkey has clearly a significant influence in region (ME, Balkan, Caucasus, Central Asia), but to be honest Turkey has not the resources to have a significant globally influance (Economic, Politically, Population).
But we can agree that Turkey could influence global policy if we had a economy like Germany or Japan.

Back
Top Bottom