What's new

'Turkey gets cold shoulder from Shanghai Cooperation'

The existence of NATO is meaningless, I think it's better for Turkey to pull out of this organization and free itself from some burdens that are caused due to its membership in NATO and also Turkish military is strong enough to defend the country against almost all foreign invasions and also has a domestic defense industry.

The existence of NATO is meaningless, I think it's better for Turkey to pull out of this organization and free itself from some burdens that are caused due to its membership in NATO and also Turkish military is strong enough to defend itself against almost all foreign invasions and also has a domestic defense industry.

Strong enough to defend against Greece,Syria or GCC ,but against Russia ,USA or Israel I doubt.

Strong enough to defend against Greece,Syria or GCC ,but against Russia ,USA or Israel I doubt.

Against Israel? Yes they can defend themselves very well.
Against U.S? That's a one in million chance, there is no reason for Turkey and U.S to go to war.
Against Russia? Again that's very unlikely, they may not be exactly 'allies', but they are too far, literally, from a war.

Besides, many countries in the world are not a NATO member and also, they are not scared that a big power could wipe them out some day. The concept of NATO in 21st century is too outdated and irrelevant.

The existence of NATO is meaningless, I think it's better for Turkey to pull out of this organization and free itself from some burdens that are caused due to its membership in NATO and also Turkish military is strong enough to defend the country against almost all foreign invasions and also has a domestic defense industry.

I don't mean to disrespect other peoples opinion, but in my humble opinion, TURKEY's Future lies with the East and not the West. The West will never give Turkey the respect it deserves. For nearly 45 years, Turkey wanted to join European Union and it was kept out because it was a Muslim Country. EU gave membership to every Tom Dick and Harry Nation ( even Puny Cyprus) but not to Turkey.

The NATO AND EU advantage is receding as Turkey no longer needs these Alliances. Turkey has a strong Economy and Defence. It is time for Turkey to tell the West to Shove it and build ties with Eastern Powers ( Russia, China, South Korea, Japan and SCO Nations).

When i heard the news of getting HQ-9 from China, this situation made me think.

We became a NATO member because of the Soviet threat. Did we ever get any benefit.......no. Joining in NATO destroyed our defence industy. When we invaded Cyprus, they sanctioned us even US threatened us with bombing Istanbul.

Today Chinese are willing to share ToT but not the NATO members..... what the hell we are still doing with them ?

Well what you have said here is true..But you have to consider the balance of power in the region..Regarding Russia, you need to pay extra attention to Putin`s political rhetoric about Armenia, Georgia, Southern Caucasus, Syria etc. For all of those, Turkey`s and Russia`s national interests contravene..As of now, SCO might not be a military alliance, but imho it surely will morph into one soon, global balance of power dictates so..All in all, there shouldnt be any "strategical"( or lets say big, important) conflict of interest between Russia and Turkey for them to be in the same pact/alliance...You can ask "then how in the world Greece and Turkey are both Nato members?" It was because of USSR threat

Thats why i said unrealistic..I dont know about China but imho Russia would never allow Turkey to join SCO because we are simply regional rivals

If I may interject in this conversation, Turkey as the most industrialized and hence one of the leading Muslim country in the world, carry a lot of weight to China. I see a future Sino-Muslim alliance forming, even in a loose sense. So the more Turkey is involved with improving the economic potentials of Muslim countries, the more the weight of Muslim countries will increase and the more diplomatic weight of Turkey will increase as a result. China cannot afford to ignore this dimension. Russia had some bad experience with extremists in Caucasus and this Syria situation is a disaster, but both of these are temporary in my opinion. In the long term Russia will not be able to avoid Turkey's inclusion in an Asian club of nations. Turkey should keep this door open, as the EU option is not guaranteed. In next 10-20 years time frame, the Asian option may turn out to be better than the EU option.

Whoever dislikes Erdogan loves Kılıçdaroğlu, right ? I love your kind's mentality. :lol:

The utter truth is; they both suck big time

:tup: Bahçeli sucks too.

take it easy champions insult bahçeli, kemal kılıç is bad insult the prime minister as well

except for gezi supporters every politician is bad who are you? you are kind of einstain politicians ?:lol: or how much you have politic experiance in a state management..you are just arrogant and also keyboard politicians

If I may interject in this conversation, Turkey as the most industrialized and hence one of the leading Muslim country in the world, carry a lot of weight to China. I see a future Sino-Muslim alliance forming, even in a loose sense. So the more Turkey is involved with improving the economic potentials of Muslim countries, the more the weight of Muslim countries will increase and the more diplomatic weight of Turkey will increase as a result. China cannot afford to ignore this dimension. Russia have some bad experience with extremists in Caucasus and this Syria situation is a disaster, but both of these are temporary in my opinion. In the long term Russia will not be able to avoid Turkey's inclusion in an Asian club of nations. Turkey should keep this door open, as the EU option is not guaranteed. In next 10-20 years time frame, the Asian option may turn out to be better than the EU option.

I am doubtful of turkey china alliance.SCO is a geopolitical forum,second.

To do that we need a 100% indigenous defence industry,to soon for that.

take it easy champions insult bahçeli, kemal kılıç is bad insult the prime minister as well

except for gezi supporters every politician is bad who are you? you are kind of einstain politicians ?:lol: or how much you have politic experiance...you are arrogant sutudent politicians:lol:

I don't support Political parties like supporting soccer teams. This kind of behavior belongs to you.

Erdogan is far better than other politicians at the moment. But also he has some very bad politics which i don't approve.

Where are you from, anyway ? Yozgat, Kırşehir, Konya, Afyon ?

except for gezi supporters every politician is bad who are you? you are kind of einstain politicians ?:lol: or how much you have politic experiance in a state management..you are just arrogant and also keyboard politicians

Who am i? I am a Turkish citizen and a voter...And i have every right to express my opinion...I dislike both Erdogan and Kilicdaroglu...That expression doesnt make me "einstein politician" and i dont need to have experience in state management...You need to grasp the idea of free expression and democracy before ranting

To do that we need a 100% indigenous defence industry,to soon for that.

Not necassarily, you can still buy weapons from U.S, Europe, China and even Russia. By pulling out of NATO, you are not declaring war on the west, you just follow your interests and they will accept it. U.S doesn't like to lose a close and important ally in Muslim world, neither the EU. Many countries are not a NATO member and buy weapons from both west and east.

When i heard the news of getting HQ-9 from China, this situation made me think.

We became a NATO member because of the Soviet threat. Did we ever get any benefit.......no. Joining in NATO destroyed our defence industy. When we invaded Cyprus, they sanctioned us even US threatened us with bombing Istanbul.

Today Chinese are willing to share ToT but not the NATO members..... what the hell we are still doing with them ?

Always keep all doors open , you should not leave Nato but also seek to find your own interests anywhere else . The good thing about SCO it will reconnect Turkey with other Turkish nations in central asia .

The EU is a failure neither Greece or Bulgaria gained anything from it , the best thing is to seek a free trade agreement and status with EU just like how Turkish EU minister said recently about seeking a special partnership status.

Russia blocked Turkish accession to SCO because of Syria issue , but this position will change in long run , at some point both China and Russia will seek growing their organisation into other areas.

Sometimes I think it would have been better for Turkey to remain silent on Syria issue , after all the alternative to Assad is simply Islamist sub-humans whom are even worse than him and threat to all countries bordering syria .

I don't support Political parties like supporting soccer teams. This kind of behavior belongs to you.

Erdogan is far better than other politicians at the moment. But also he has some very bad politics which i don't approve.

Where are you from, anyway ? Yozgat, Kırşehir, Konya, Afyon ?

where are you from çankaya , nişantaşı,karşıyaka other lux districts

Back
Top Bottom