What's new

Turkey dispatches AWACS to monitor Crimea

No offense Turkish members what if EU wants to take back Constantinople...what would be going through your minds...so please understand what Russians did is right..EU should fix their problems instead of being greedy. I hope I would not come across moronic logic here.

No offense Turkish members what if EU wants to take back Constantinople...what would be going through your minds...so please understand what Russians did is right..EU should fix their problems instead of being greedy. I hope I would not come across moronic logic here.

First of all I will just get this out of my system :)

Also I really don't see your point. If EU wants to invade a sovereign country (Turkey) they are welcome to try. It's not like they haven't tried before. If they want war they shall have it. Similarly here in this case, we have Russia invading a sovereign country (Ukraine). Ukrainians have been showing more than enough restraint on their part. It's not like Russia is trying to secure it's borders either. This is nothing but Putin's expansionist policy. Russia should be told loud and clear that unless there is an imminent threat to their nation, it is NOT ok to play with their neighbours teritorial integrity.

Several points I would like to make:
  • Turkey risked it's existence several times for US during cold war, most obvious of which is the cuban missile crises. It is only logical to expect the same.
  • If for some reason Russians take the upper hand and get unsolicited access to mediterranean it would be an ENORMOUS strategic loss for NATO
  • NATO itself would crumble to pieces if member states see that their safety depends on the US's mood at the time
There are a lot more reasons. These are just the chief ones that come to my mind.

Also there is so much BS talk about nuclear weapons on defence forums (in general) its amazing. Dudes, it has been shown repeatedly using nuclear weapons is a zero-sum game. Even against a non-nuclear state, it would come with an unbearable cost. Turkey does not need nuclear weapons. At least not while NATO exists.

Dude, US cares more for it's existence than for Nato.

The US will not risk destruction to save anyone but themselves.

Russia and China are untouchable states - mess with them and risk your total and utter annihilation.

Dude, US cares more for it's existence than for Nato.
Of course US will care about their interest first. It would be stupid of me thinking otherwise. What I am arguing above is it is in US's interest to back Turkey up. Also you may have noticed US always prefers to fight their wars away from their homeland (smart strategy). IMHO it is unreasonable to think they will just sit back and wait for Russians to knock their door.

Russia and China are untouchable states - mess with them and risk your total and utter annihilation.

Again with the nuclear weapons ... Dudes, they are nothing but a deterrent. If Russia/China wants to go for "total and utter annihilation" that means they also accept their faith which is "total and utter annihilation". As I mentioned above, nuclear weapons are a zero-sum game even when it is a non-nuclear state that is being attacked. Russia cannot possibly bear the burden economically, politically or morally. Any possible conflict today would strictly be conventional and probably short lived at that too.

Last edited:
Again with the nuclear weapons ... Dudes, they are nothing but a deterrent. If Russia/China wants to go for "total and utter annihilation" that means they also accept their faith which is "total and utter annihilation". As I mentioned above, nuclear weapons are a zero-sum game even when it is a non-nuclear state that is being attacked. Russia cannot possibly bear the burden economically, politically and morally. Any possible conflict today would strictly be conventional and probably short lived at that too.

Dude, nuclear weapons can be employed in so many ways.

Russia can use tactical nuclear weapons to attack armour and ships. They do not even need to hit Turkish cities to make you cry for mercy. Turkey is nothing in front of Russia. Russia will crush Turkey and not think twice.

If the US gets involved, then all too easily it can escalate to nuclear war and the US ceases to exist.

Russia can use tactical nuclear weapons to attack armour and ships. They do not even need to hit Turkish cities to make you cry for mercy. Turkey is nothing in front of Russia. Russia will crush Turkey and not think twice.

If the US gets involved, then all too easily it can escalate to nuclear war and the US ceases to exist.

When you talk about "total and utter annihilation" it tends to imply the big guns and not the tactical weapons. I am not arguing Russia can't bleed Turkey to death. It definitely can. No question whatsoever. However, in return it would get such a brutal spanking Putin would wish it's 1991 all over again.

Well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it :) I simply don't agree because of the reasons I already mentioned above...

What would the Ukrainians think if somebody annexed a part of their land ? What would go through their minds lol.

Russia can never deploy it's Nukes against a NATO country. The moment the launch their one Nuke their country would turn into glass.

If you have a bal like 10kt warhead you can use it. Or go to

medium_5719440872.jpg

russian bitchesss....

You bitches are more russian than russian itself

amq

What would the Ukrainians think if somebody annexed a part of their land ? What would go through their minds lol.

Very easy answer those morons got separation from soviet union for wrong reasons even after separation they were doing poor at running country. To me Ukraine has no right to even think. But what I asked is very valid turkey should keep away from russian-ukrainian problem because the same can happen to them.

First of all I will just get this out of my system :)

Also I really don't see your point. If EU wants to invade a sovereign country (Turkey) they are welcome to try. It's not like they haven't tried before. If they want war they shall have it. Similarly here in this case, we have Russia invading a sovereign country (Ukraine). Ukrainians have been showing more than enough restraint on their part. It's not like Russia is trying to secure it's borders either. This is nothing but Putin's expansionist policy. Russia should be told loud and clear that unless there is an imminent threat to their nation, it is NOT ok to play with their neighbours teritorial integrity.

Hi, in short don't talk about expansionist policy remember you ottoman empire you are in no position to talk about it let russian and ukraine sort it out. EU can do it and they can ditch turkey in a blink of an eye throw them out of NATO never trust them. There is threat to their nation by NATO of encircling EU should stop it and russians would be all good. The trouble starts with EU and will end with EU in awkward position they will throw turkey infront and rest will run away.

Very easy answer those morons got separation from soviet union for wrong reasons even after separation they were doing poor at running country. To me Ukraine has no right to even think. But what I asked is very valid turkey should keep away from russian-ukrainian problem because the same can happen to them.
Wrong reasons for the seperation??? u talking like the soviet union was so great for the people who had to live in it, also u should check what happen in the ukraine in the soviet union and almost every ex soviet country is ruined by corruption. And what is going to happen to turkey is it going to be Annexed too just because it send some AWACS? Well i belive we cant have a conversation dude

Hi, in short don't talk about expansionist policy remember you ottoman empire you are in no position to talk about it let russian and ukraine sort it out. EU can do it and they can ditch turkey in a blink of an eye throw them out of NATO never trust them. There is threat to their nation by NATO of encircling EU should stop it and russians would be all good. The trouble starts with EU and will end with EU in awkward position they will throw turkey infront and rest will run away.

We are in 21th century. Ottoman Empire does not exist and neither does Soviet Union. And about the rest of your rant I don't really understand most of it. NATO cannot ditch Turkey, period! Not only there is no mechanism in NATO to sack a country, it would be strategical suicide. As I have stated previously:
Several points I would like to make:
  • Turkey risked it's existence several times for US during cold war, most obvious of which is the cuban missile crises. It is only logical to expect the same.
  • If for some reason Russians take the upper hand and get unsolicited access to mediterranean it would be an ENORMOUS strategic loss for NATO
  • NATO itself would crumble to pieces if member states see that their safety depends on the US's mood at the time
There are a lot more reasons. These are just the chief ones that come to my mind.

As I said, this is 21th century. Countries can only annex land only if:
1- There is a serious threat on their borders
2- Both sides agree

Neither of these apply in this case. Turkey should keep it's firm stance on this issue not only because we side with the west but because it is the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom