What's new

Tribute to Language movement

Definitely but referring to someone as Miah is also used in a jokey vibe sometimes. Bhai i see you're from Chittagong, what's the story about Bayzad Bastami's grave being there and how authentic is the story of him coming from Iran.

I definitely need to spend more time in CTG next time I'm in Bangladesh as well as visiting some Rohingya camps in sha allah, btw heard the milad's in CTG are huge.
i never heard any doubt about Bayzed Bastami's origin, as is the same for many other peers/saints. but i thought you were going to ask me the story about the giant turtles lol. well i did not see a whole lot of difference in milad/dua mahfils in other places. in CTG maybe they could be considered more 'mazaar-leaning'

Bangla is the sole language of Bangladesh unlike Pakistan. No one opposed just because Jinnah declared Urdu as national language , Bengalis opposed with the statement ONLY Urdu would be language for East and West Pakistan whereas 99.9% in East Pakistan spoke Bangla. Due to Jinnah's shortsightedness Bengalis were martyred in 1952 , now after 70 years Punjabis, Pashtun, Balochis, Sindhis are protesting to get their fundamental right to speak in their mother tongue. Jinnah was a nice man but shortsighted in this regard.

Why do you have a hate for Urdu language. You got to hand us over clear proof Jinnah was so against bangla language knowing east speaks bangla...PROOF or zip your mouth. Even if it is true east could have brought forward bill with reasoning and educate the parliament that 99% people speak bangla in east so it should be the language for that specific reason combined with Urdu to be learned i have no doubt that bill would have become a law...I would suggest you to look into Canada. Quebec's official language is only Canadian French and New Brunswick has official languages as both French and English..the province is ok with it Canada is ok with it. All it needed was to approach in a sane educated political way to solve issues Not demanding breaking away from a Country. Most Armed Forces personnel speak English and French is a language Must be learned to be in Armed Forces.

Jinnah was not short sighted it was men of who were in control of offices to be short-sightedness they did not exercise their political rights which parliament gave them, Jinnah gave them come into parliament and discuss the only thing up their arses was lets break away from Pakistan...people struggle for decades east could not go for 5-6 years and planed with neighbor to breakaway, thanks a bunch yet Pakistan comes forward with good relations. No one is protesting in Pakistan about mother tongue languages to be spoken in their Provinces everyone is cool with Urdu as National Language being spoken in all Provinces on all levels....you are severely misinformed...You should also remember Aligarh Movement...

Your logic is as if your wife is english and you don't speak english you can't have good communications with her yet you complain from her! Let's be clear Had it not been Jinnah and associates struggle there would be have been no Pak and or
East Pak perhaps you people would have still been under hindustan rule suffering.

If there is anything you want to discuss with me specifically i would drive you through parliament, courts and peace and reconciliation committees first hand to let you know it was so easy to fix east problems but the ego and stubbornness of eastern politicians are the reason thousands of Pakistanis from both sides died because at that time everyone was Pakistani.
Bhutto was not god Army was powerful why didn't east approach establishment to fix the problem instead going to hindustan.

@Armstrong if I am wrong point it to me.

The far-sightedness of Quaid-e-Azam MA Jinnah is beyond doubt establish. After more then 70 years of his death we can safely say what he said then was right.
I read each and every word of this thread and i just see how Indians conveniently targeting Pakistan on linguistic basis.
All discussion could be summed-up just if we can answer three basis points. Which are:

1. What is difference between Urdu & Hindi?
2. What is the writing script of all Islamic languages (mean spoken by majority muslims)?
3. Why Bollywood movies are watched and liked all across sub-continent, Iran and Afghanistan?

Ask any Indian, what is one language through which a Tamil could communicate with Gujrati or Punjabi Indian? He will say Hindi. The language which Indians normally speak. Which is the language of Bollywood. In which Natgeo India or Discovery India is telecast. OK agreed.
What is Hindi then?
Yes you got it right. Its Urdu.. branded by Indians as Hindi and incorporate some words from Marathi and Sanskirit. Base language is same. Infact Indian movie songs are 99% urdu. Indians have cleverly hijacked a language which was and is the only way through which 1.2 billion Indian population can communicate. They keep the script Sansikrit and adopted the spkoen language with Hindi tarka.

Urdu was not an ethnic pre-historic language. Instead it was born when during Mughal era lots of soldiers from different ethnicity were under one mughal army.

Mughal Army has regiments based on ethnicity, Jatts, Rajput, Maratha, Persians, Turks you name it. When these different people combined a language was born Urdu means Lashkar. i.e. Language of an Army.
Due to its inherent quality it adopts other language words very quickly.
I am Punjabi. My home language is Punjabi. In office we spoke English while for routine talk Urdu. Believe me words from Punjabi and even English have now become part of modern Urdu.
Let another 30 years or so passed. More words from regional languages like PAshtu, Sindhi will be incorporated into it. Thats the sign of living language.
Ask anyone for literature, poetry Urdu is the most beautiful and flexible language.
All muslims read Quran which is in Arabic transcript. All languages Pashto, Farsi, Sindhi, Punjabi you name it (even Turk) use this transcript. Thats why i can read Farsi even though i may not understand it but i can read and write it. Same case with other languages in this class.

Only reason why Bollywood movies are understand by Srilankan or Nepali even is just because its in a language which can be understand by All sub-continent.
That was the only reason why Quaid-e-Azam declare Urdu as national language. By declaring Urdu as national language would Bangla have extinct? Have Punjabi or Pashto died after 75 years of Independence?
No its not like this.
Languages are survived by the people who spoke them and write in them. Its their responsibility to protect their mother tongue. If no one write literature or book in Language X, it will ultimately die. Whether you celebrate 100 language days you cant change the inevitable. The way things are going Urdu will remain the ultimate language for communication among South Asians, whether one likes or not.
I disagree
Hindi is the mother of Urdu
Structure of Urdu is the same as Hindi....i mean the sentence formation( grammar precisely) is directly taken from Hindi
Urdu= Hindi(grammar, structure, vocab etc) + words taken from Arabic/Persian

Why do you have a hate for Urdu language. You got to hand us over clear proof Jinnah was so against bangla language knowing east speaks bangla...PROOF or zip your mouth. Even if it is true east could have brought forward bill with reasoning and educate the parliament that 99% people speak bangla in east so it should be the language for that specific reason combined with Urdu to be learned i have no doubt that bill would have become a law...I would suggest you to look into Canada. Quebec's official language is only Canadian French and New Brunswick has official languages as both French and English..the province is ok with it Canada is ok with it. All it needed was to approach in a sane educated political way to solve issues Not demanding breaking away from a Country. Most Armed Forces personnel speak English and French is a language Must be learned to be in Armed Forces.

Jinnah was not short sighted it was men of who were in control of offices to be short-sightedness they did not exercise their political rights which parliament gave them, Jinnah gave them come into parliament and discuss the only thing up their arses was lets break away from Pakistan...people struggle for decades east could not go for 5-6 years and planed with neighbor to breakaway, thanks a bunch yet Pakistan comes forward with good relations. No one is protesting in Pakistan about mother tongue languages to be spoken in their Provinces everyone is cool with Urdu as National Language being spoken in all Provinces on all levels....you are severely misinformed...You should also remember Aligarh Movement...

Your logic is as if your wife is english and you don't speak english you can't have good communications with her yet you complain from her! Let's be clear Had it not been Jinnah and associates struggle there would be have been no Pak and or
East Pak perhaps you people would have still been under hindustan rule suffering.

If there is anything you want to discuss with me specifically i would drive you through parliament, courts and peace and reconciliation committees first hand to let you know it was so easy to fix east problems but the ego and stubbornness of eastern politicians are the reason thousands of Pakistanis from both sides died because at that time everyone was Pakistani.
Bhutto was not god Army was powerful why didn't east approach establishment to fix the problem instead going to hindustan.

@Armstrong if I am wrong point it to me.

People here move with emotion and hysteria irrationally (we call it Huguge Bangali locally), and this phenomena presents here stil. Here people had a feeling of being victimized and discriminated always because of years of propaganda by pro-indians, hence they get angry, irrational and emotional easily.

Btw, if you are talking about dialog, there should not have been any fire on the 52 demonstration but some offer of dialog at first by pk govt, and yes, as PK was the ruling govt then, it was their responsibility to call for dialog than killing 4 demonstrators.

But still I would say, it gets difficult to deal with, when people here get Huguge Bangali!

People here move with emotion and hysteria irrationally (we call it Huguge Bangali locally), and this phenomena presents here stil. Here people had a feeling of being victimized and discriminated always because of years of propaganda by pro-indians, hence they get angry, irrational and emotional easily.

Btw, if you are talking about dialog, there should not have been any fire on the 52 demonstration but some offer of dialog at first by pk govt, and yes, as PK was the ruling govt then, it was their responsibility to call for dialog than killing 4 demonstrators.

But still I would say, it gets difficult to deal with, when people here get Huguge Bangali!
yes, and it's not like current Pakistanis should take responsibility for the actions of the government and Bangladeshis should take responsibility for actions of a few protesters. and also the prime minister at that time was a Bengali. both should take joint responsibility for those events and an important thing is to drill some facts into the emotional minds of BAL type people. pro-Akhand Bharat people took advantage of the events and the effects were felt by both Pakistani wings, with the worst effects borne by the Bangladeshi landmass

Jinnah was a nice man but shortsighted in this regard.

This is what people do when they enjoy hospitality. This low life calling M. A Jinnah shortsighted, man who found the nation he lives in. But then again this ant is self-proclaimed Indian slave (Goolam). Some one kick this Ehasan foramosh Awami Bengali ghaddar from this forum. This bloody scum questioning the existence of our nation. Ghaddar like him has no place among us.

@Aeronaut

I didnt get the term "our original"
The words you are claiming to be yours are actually the foreign elements in your language
I donot understand why sub continent Muslims have Arab slave mentality

You ignorant fool. Why do you make comments on matter that you are incapable of comprehend?

Last edited:
Arabic / Farsi names are given since there is believe that Arabic is a sacred language in Islam and for Muslim its a must to be named after Arabic or Farsi. Both languages have huge influence in Bangladesh. Most Bangladeshi Muslims have two names. One is full name which is in Arabic or Farsi and a nick name which is Arabic / Farsi or Bengali.

What is your Bengali name? Baltu, foltu so soltu....:lol:

This tells me you are not Muslim.

Arabic langue is not sacred. Content in Al-Quran is sacred because it's words of Allah(s.w.t). Muslims has weakness toward Arabic language(although most of them don't speak it) because it was spoken by our prophet (s.a.a.s). Language used in Al-Quran is not exactly same as spken on Arab street.

Bangla is the sole language of Bangladesh unlike Pakistan. No one opposed just because Jinnah declared Urdu as national language , Bengalis opposed with the statement ONLY Urdu would be language for East and West Pakistan whereas 99.9% in East Pakistan spoke Bangla. Due to Jinnah's shortsightedness Bengalis were martyred in 1952 , now after 70 years Punjabis, Pashtun, Balochis, Sindhis are protesting to get their fundamental right to speak in their mother tongue. Jinnah was a nice man but shortsighted in this regard.

Hey hey calm it jingo, what sort of 'hole' do you live in?

All languages in Pakistan have Always been promoted. There is no restriction on speaking, reading or writing any language in Pakistan. Consider yourself informed and stop spreading your ignorance about my country.

Urdu
Masters in Urdu

Punjabi
University of the Punjab - Departments

Sindhi
University of Sindh - Courses Offered

Balochi
Masters in Balochi - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU)

Pashto
PASHTO ACADEMY | University of Peshawar

If that is the case then why Sindhi people protested yesterday to make Sindhi one of the national languages?

674689-sindhlanguagemothertonguedaylinguisticssindhiphotoirfanali-1393015964-704-640x480.jpg

1393009844-sindhi-adabi-sangat-held-protest-on-international-mother-language-day_3987155.jpg

stock-photo-chaman-pakistan-feb-supporters-of-pakhtoonkhawa-students-pass-through-a-road-during-protest-71705980.jpg

@INDIC
Do elaborate? Tell me the Origin of Hindi? I have read your post regarding Punjab as the centre of Urdu language. Thats clearly show your in depth knowledge in this regard.

If you think Hindi-Urdu came from outside there is no reason to call them as Indo-Aryan languages :laughcry: Before 1837, Persians was used as official language, there was no official standard for any other language while literature were being composed in various dialects like Khariboli, Brajbhasha, Awadhi etc. during medieval North India and commoners spoke Hindustani vernacular based on Khariboli. British knew what they were doing, they first recognize Urdu in Arabic script as official language in Hindu majority UP-Bihar leading to the unacceptance by Hindus and leading to movement for recognition of Hindi, otherwise Hindi and Urdu are same languages. The Punjabi Muslims took Urdu as a symbol for their Muslim identity leading to the decline of Punjabi language among Punjabi Muslim.

Urdu being a Lashkari zabaan is purely a myth.
Urdu’s origin: it’s not a ‘camp language’ - DAWN.COM

Last edited:
This is what people do when they enjoy hospitality. This low life calling M. A Jinnah shortsighted, man who found the nation he lives in. But then again this ant is self-proclaimed Indian slave (Goolam). Some one kick this Ehasan foramosh Awami Bengali ghaddar from this forum. This bloody scum questioning the existence of our nation. Ghaddar like him has no place among us.

@Aeronaut

You ignorant fool. Why do you make comments on matter that you are incapable of comprehend?
I guess you have comprehension issues. You should revisit your previous post where you claimed Arabic/Persian words as "originally yours". All imported words which you are claiming to be yours are alien to Bangla ethnicity/Language/Culture.

Arab slave mentality do exist in sub continent Muslims. Because you wont see and Indonesian/Chinese Muslim naming their child in Arabic/Persian

Bangla language (spoken) is fine so long we drop all imported Sanskrit words and reinstate our original Farsi/Arabic/Turkic loan words. I hate the formal Tagorized Bangla. It sound gay if you ask me.

I think our main problem is the Devanagari script. It's look and feel too Hinduish. This script is barrier to Islamize the language. We should adopt Arabic script immediately in order to Islamize the language and help our people to read and write Quran better.
yeah yeah you please do that.we Bengalis don't like other people using our script and language for free.after all the Bengali language belongs to us and it's a part of the Indo-Aryan language group and we are extremely proud of the fact that our ancestors adopted the Devanagari script as the medium of writing for the Bangla language.
so if you don't like it then you better invent a new form of script based on some desert language(which sounds gay if you ask me) and start using it....:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom