What's new

Tribute to Language movement

The far-sightedness of Quaid-e-Azam MA Jinnah is beyond doubt establish. After more then 70 years of his death we can safely say what he said then was right.
I read each and every word of this thread and i just see how Indians conveniently targeting Pakistan on linguistic basis.
All discussion could be summed-up just if we can answer three basis points. Which are:

1. What is difference between Urdu & Hindi?
2. What is the writing script of all Islamic languages (mean spoken by majority muslims)?
3. Why Bollywood movies are watched and liked all across sub-continent, Iran and Afghanistan?

Ask any Indian, what is one language through which a Tamil could communicate with Gujrati or Punjabi Indian? He will say Hindi. The language which Indians normally speak. Which is the language of Bollywood. In which Natgeo India or Discovery India is telecast. OK agreed.
What is Hindi then?
Yes you got it right. Its Urdu.. branded by Indians as Hindi and incorporate some words from Marathi and Sanskirit. Base language is same. Infact Indian movie songs are 99% urdu. Indians have cleverly hijacked a language which was and is the only way through which 1.2 billion Indian population can communicate. They keep the script Sansikrit and adopted the spkoen language with Hindi tarka.

Urdu was not an ethnic pre-historic language. Instead it was born when during Mughal era lots of soldiers from different ethnicity were under one mughal army.

Mughal Army has regiments based on ethnicity, Jatts, Rajput, Maratha, Persians, Turks you name it. When these different people combined a language was born Urdu means Lashkar. i.e. Language of an Army.
Due to its inherent quality it adopts other language words very quickly.
I am Punjabi. My home language is Punjabi. In office we spoke English while for routine talk Urdu. Believe me words from Punjabi and even English have now become part of modern Urdu.
Let another 30 years or so passed. More words from regional languages like PAshtu, Sindhi will be incorporated into it. Thats the sign of living language.
Ask anyone for literature, poetry Urdu is the most beautiful and flexible language.
All muslims read Quran which is in Arabic transcript. All languages Pashto, Farsi, Sindhi, Punjabi you name it (even Turk) use this transcript. Thats why i can read Farsi even though i may not understand it but i can read and write it. Same case with other languages in this class.

Only reason why Bollywood movies are understand by Srilankan or Nepali even is just because its in a language which can be understand by All sub-continent.
That was the only reason why Quaid-e-Azam declare Urdu as national language. By declaring Urdu as national language would Bangla have extinct? Have Punjabi or Pashto died after 75 years of Independence?
No its not like this.
Languages are survived by the people who spoke them and write in them. Its their responsibility to protect their mother tongue. If no one write literature or book in Language X, it will ultimately die. Whether you celebrate 100 language days you cant change the inevitable. The way things are going Urdu will remain the ultimate language for communication among South Asians, whether one likes or not.

Bangla is the sole language of Bangladesh unlike Pakistan. No one opposed just because Jinnah declared Urdu as national language , Bengalis opposed with the statement ONLY Urdu would be language for East and West Pakistan whereas 99.9% in East Pakistan spoke Bangla. Due to Jinnah's shortsightedness Bengalis were martyred in 1952 , now after 70 years Punjabis, Pashtun, Balochis, Sindhis are protesting to get their fundamental right to speak in their mother tongue. Jinnah was a nice man but shortsighted in this regard.

My mistake, I mean like some Pakistanis have the last name of Chaudhry or Raja, do Bangladeshis have indigenous surnames?

Yeah dude, we have names such as Talukdar and Choudhury, (notice the spelling of Choudhury, this is the key distinction, this the Bengali way of spellling), the "Choudhury's" in Bangladesh were known as tax collectors. These two Choudhury's are different, the "Chaudhry" from my understand is a caste/tribe in India and Pakistan, some of my friends are Chaudhry Jatt's whilst the "Choudhury's" in Bangladesh are different and have no relation.

The Talukdar's were known as land owners. We have other titlessuch as Qamaly, Mufti's and Sayyids, but they are in certain parts of Bangladesh. There are also the Khan's who claim Afghan origin but I highly doubt it, now a days every tom dick and harry add khan thinking it's a Muslim surname, but there are genuine Khans of Bangladesh, my cousin brothers area is called "patan bari" which just means Pathan village.

My mistake, I mean like some Pakistanis have the last name of Chaudhry or Raja, do Bangladeshis have indigenous surnames?

Also in my region, because there are a lot of Assamese/Manipuri people, they tend to have Choudhury as a surname.

Yeah dude, we have names such as Talukdar and Choudhury, (notice the spelling of Choudhury, this is the key distinction, this the Bengali way of spellling), the "Choudhury's" in Bangladesh were known as tax collectors. These two Choudhury's are different, the "Chaudhry" from my understand is a caste/tribe in India and Pakistan, some of my friends are Chaudhry Jatt's whilst the "Choudhury's" in Bangladesh are different and have no relation.

The Talukdar's were known as land owners. We have other titlessuch as Qamaly, Mufti's and Sayyids, but they are in certain parts of Bangladesh. There are also the Khan's who claim Afghan origin but I highly doubt it, now a days every tom dick and harry add khan thinking it's a Muslim surname, but there are genuine Khans of Bangladesh, my cousin brothers area is called "patan bari" which just means Pathan village.

Also in my region, because there are a lot of Assamese/Manipuri people, they tend to have Choudhury as a surname.
Interesting, my mate is Bengali and his last name is Miah. I heard that's quite common.

Interesting, my mate is Bengali and his last name is Miah. I heard that's quite common.

My dad's name is Miah, so is every other Bengali man out there lol. It's a really classical/olden name in Bengal. You know how people refer to random men on the street as "Bechara"? Well in Bengali we refer to random men as "Oy Miah, come here" lol.

Bangla is the sole language of Bangladesh unlike Pakistan. No one opposed just because Jinnah declared Urdu as national language , Bengalis opposed with the statement ONLY Urdu would be language for East and West Pakistan whereas 99.9% in East Pakistan spoke Bangla. Due to Jinnah's shortsightedness Bengalis were martyred in 1952 , now after 70 years Punjabis, Pashtun, Balochis, Sindhis are protesting to get their fundament right to speak in their mother tongue. Jinnah was a nice man but shortsighted in this regard.
@Armstrong (kashmiri) @Luftwaffe (Pashtun) @DESERT FIGHTER ( baloch) @A.Rafay (sindhi) @Rajput_Pakistani (punjabi) @Imran Khan
please shut this bangali up

@INDIC
Do elaborate? Tell me the Origin of Hindi? I have read your post regarding Punjab as the centre of Urdu language. Thats clearly show your in depth knowledge in this regard.
@genmirajborgza786
Some people just cant shut up. I wish he could talk with some insanity. He is trying to portray as Pashto and other regional languages are banned in Pakistan. Poor man and his Indian propaganda filled mind

My dad's name is Miah, so is every other Bengali man out there lol. It's a really classical/olden name in Bengal. You know how people refer to random men on the street as "Bechara"? Well in Bengali we refer to random men as "Oy Miah, come here" lol.

Saiful Islam bin Miah ! :smokin:

yes atleast we r doing this while on the otherhand the indian security forces r being kicked in their asses in Red corridor and IAF is too fearful to atleast raid them who in fighting capabilities and experience r not even 5% of taliban.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Meanwhile Bangladesh has even left india way back.:rofl:

Poverty high in Bangladesh, India: HDI

Lets focus on India.........

India has one third of world's poorest, says World Bank - Telegraph

I hope u can take a dump in a proper toilet.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BBC News - Is India's lack of toilets a cultural problem?

Compared to Pakistan....

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report

Meanwhile in other things India is shining again.

Adult toys: Bold business in coy India - Yahoo India Finance

Freedom of speech shrinks in India, the world’s largest democracy

Indian engineers invent ‘anti-rape’ underwear lol

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report

The great Shine of India.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are too dumb to reply.

At last found it....I was searching for any thread on "Bhasa Diwas",but couldn't found it,plus I was busy for few days...

In Kolkata too,we paid homage to the martyrs of "Bhasa Saheeds".in JU too,students paid homage as well as "Drama Club" and "Little Mags Club" opened their stalls..plus,various other rallies and other functions were organised in various parts of Kolkata like each year..

about Bhasa Diwas,I always remember our Head sir's (who came from Bangladesh as Refugee) Speech of this day..he was a student when he said that they were forced to sing their school prayer in "Urdu" and not in "Bengali"(he actually always uttered an Urdu Phrase,don't know the meaning),and he generally remembered how that day changed their life as well as showed to the world the "Fight for Mother Language"..UNESCO declared this day as "International Mother Language Day",as a tribute to this language and to the "Saheeds"..

Proud to be a Bengali.

Bangla is the sole language of Bangladesh unlike Pakistan. No one opposed just because Jinnah declared Urdu as national language , Bengalis opposed with the statement ONLY Urdu would be language for East and West Pakistan whereas 99.9% in East Pakistan spoke Bangla. Due to Jinnah's shortsightedness Bengalis were martyred in 1952 , now after 70 years Punjabis, Pashtun, Balochis, Sindhis are protesting to get their fundamental right to speak in their mother tongue. Jinnah was a nice man but shortsighted in this regard.
when you go on to say "Bengalis" did something be a little more careful. hardly any significant number of Bengali ever opposed that (just) statement; they simply couldn't have. and that 99.9% did not speak Bangla has absolutely no grounding in facts just to pacify an illiterate clueless person. there were tribals and of course Partition migrants (Mohajirs/Biharis) who did not speak Bangla. there were Bengalis who used Urdu as first language. and Quaid or no one in the leadership ever stated that Bangla did not exist. but Bangla is a provincial language at the same level as Punjabi or SIndhi and would be recognized as such. Urdu would be the sole state language as it has always been transcending any provincial basis. to say even majority of Bengalis had anything to oppose this is a pure lie and an insult to the Bengalis' intelligence and literacy

Musalmani Bangla and its transformation | Page 10

Yes that's true. but do you use "bechara" and "mian" interchangeably?

Eik khiskeiii hoveiii bandeiii keh saaath sir khapanaa kiyun chahteiiin haain aaap janaab ? :unsure:
yaar mein in se behat chir gaya hoon, , har waqt yeh yeh log Pakistan ko bura bhala kehtein hai, ekattar ka dhanda shuru kiya hua hai saalon nai MOD'S bhi najane kahan kaan mein tail dal kar son gaye hain, yeh log Indians se dus guna zyada kharab hai

Last edited:
when you go on to say "Bengalis" did something be a little more careful. hardly any significant number of Bengali ever opposed that (just) statement; they simply couldn't have. and that 99.9% did not speak Bangla has absolutely no grounding in facts just to pacify an illiterate clueless person. there were tribals and of course Partition migrants (Mohajirs/Biharis) who did not speak Bangla. there were Bengalis who used Urdu as first language. and Quaid or no one in the leadership ever stated that Bangla did not exist. but Bangla is a provincial language at the same level as Punjabi or SIndhi and would be recognized as such. Urdu would be the sole state language as it has always been transcending any provincial basis. to say even majority of Bengalis had anything to oppose this is a pure lie and an insult to the Bengalis' intelligence and literacy

Musalmani Bangla and its transformation | Page 10

Yes that's true. but do you use "bechara" and "mian" interchangeably?

Yeah we do, Bechara and Miah, both sound good, one of my Grandmothers brothers used to always refer to people as Miah lol :D

i think the Choudhury/Chaudhry difference is the making of the sanskrit Bengali text. among Bangladeshis alone I have seen many mutations of the Choudhury/Chaudhry name

Yeah we do, Bechara and Miah, both sound good, one of my Grandmothers brothers used to always refer to people as Miah lol :D
i'm familiar with the "oi mian" address but in the strict sense consider the latter as title/surname and the former as a term for a helpless person

i think the Choudhury/Chaudhry difference is the making of the sanskrit Bengali text. among Bangladeshis alone I have seen many mutations of the Choudhury/Chaudhry name

i'm familiar with the "oi mian" address but in the strict sense consider the latter as title/surname and the former as a term for a helpless person

Definitely but referring to someone as Miah is also used in a jokey vibe sometimes. Bhai i see you're from Chittagong, what's the story about Bayzad Bastami's grave being there and how authentic is the story of him coming from Iran.

I definitely need to spend more time in CTG next time I'm in Bangladesh as well as visiting some Rohingya camps in sha allah, btw heard the milad's in CTG are huge.

Back
Top Bottom