What's new

Time to prepare for China's aircraft carrier

Well one advantage, it allows the runway to be heavily shortened, for those nations who do no require large carriers.

Thats great... I guess thats why ours is not large.. But Admiral ghorskhov is:undecided:

Put those Sky jumps back on project 71???:argh::sniper:

yes you are right but there condition are diffrent india has to face both china and Pakistan and china will use the policy so that they need less effort

Indian govt should think seriously
India need to work in all sector like

good roads. logical support, technology, numbers and the most important thins is economy

Indian economy must do good work in future

how about face the history then solve the mcmahon and dalai issue ,it sounds much easier,china already proved that she had no hostility against india.

Thats great... I guess thats why ours is not large.. But Admiral ghorskhov is:undecided:

Put those Sky jumps back on project 71???:argh::sniper:

Have you seen a Russian carrier using a catapult launch gear before? I haven't...

Maybe technology comes to play here?

For the record, stop using this Project 71 terminology, I haven't the foggiest idea what it is and I can't be stuffed looking it up.

how about face the history then solve the mcmahon and dalai issue ,it sounds much easier,china already proved that she had no hostility against india.

the main issue for china will be Taiwan and Tibet and Chinese policy

Have you seen a Russian carrier using a catapult launch gear before? I haven't...

Maybe technology comes to play here?

For the record, stop using this Project 71 terminology, I haven't the foggiest idea what it is and I can't be stuffed looking it up.

What??? Are u talking about???:woot:

the main issue for china will be Taiwan and Tibet and Chinese policy

I reckon it's development and stability. Once those two are resolved, the nation will be in state to negotiate and sort out internal issues. Right now, China is still too poor and under developed.

How would a ski jump give planes more thrust?! The engines produce the force, not the concrete. In fact, ski jumps decrease thrust, one because it at an angle where gravity acts on dragging the plane back, and two because the take-off is more inclined to the same vector as gravity, vertical. Hence, that's why ski jumps are for planes with lower mass. If you can't produce enough thrust, you can't lift off.

An aircraft's thrust allways remains the same whether it's flying vertical or horizontal.

An aircraft's thrust allways remains the same whether it's flying vertical or horizontal.

lol that's absolutely true. In his context I think he might be referring to the aircraft's vertical acceleration though...

No, the ski jump is at an angle such that there is a force acting against the aircraft when it runs over it. Imagine a bullet hitting a slanted surface, there is a force acting against the bullet yes? This is similar in this context.

Also, I agree with you that thrust remains the same regardless of direction. However, you have a smaller "resultant" thrust depending on which direction you go. The more vertical, the smaller the resultant thrust because it's more affected by gravity. The more horizontal, the lesser it is inclined to flying at the same vector as what gravity acts. Also, The more horizontal, the more lift is generated as you gain more velocity.

Last edited:
I think ptldM3 was referring to that the engine's thrust output itself is constant regardless of its positioning.

Any ways, I think the varyag uses ski jump, not sure about the domestically built ones.

I think ptldM3 was referring to that the engine's thrust output itself is constant regardless of its positioning.

Any ways, I think the varyag uses ski jump, not sure about the domestically built ones.

Thrust=constant

Resultant thrust=not constant

Refer to my post above.

i'm not sure about the steam catapults on our carrier.

as of now even the inventor of the catapults, britain, does not use them. Instead they followed the russian trend of ski jumps. technologically they need heavy maintainance which translates into cash.

we should start off small, and get the core like engines, radar and ship body down, before we start worrying about things like ski jump vs. catapult.

i'm not sure about the steam catapults on our carrier.

as of now even the inventor of the catapults, britain, does not use them. Instead they followed the russian trend of ski jumps. technologically they need heavy maintainance which translates into cash.

we should start off small, and get the core like engines, radar and ship body down, before we start worrying about things like ski jump vs. catapult.

That's because the Brits use small carriers, hence less roomy. That's why a Ski Jump is needed to give aircrafts a boost in altitude or else, some aircrafts can't generate enough lift to take off before they plunge down without a jump.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom