What's new

Time to prepare for China's aircraft carrier

yes... We Ourselves Are building AC's with Ski jump... China Should I guess, Ski jump not only gives more balance to aircraft, but also Rapid launch is possible...

Since ski jumps reduce length of the runway, aircraft of larger mass cannot operate from the carrier since their engines cannot generate enough thrust to produce the lift required for the short runway. That's why catapults are more useful albeit harder to engineer.

Also, please do elaborate how ski jumps allow more balance to aircraft. I'd really love to know.

all i am saying is they have some experience in small awacs,and personally i believe such a project do exist,because some military official remarked the plan a few months ago ,certainly it wouldn't be that big as y-7

Congratz any ways, Because Its sure that China is building Aircraft carrier, and a carrier launched AWAC will do wonders for PLA navy

Since ski jumps reduce length of the runway, aircraft of larger mass cannot operate from the carrier since their engines cannot generate enough thrust to produce the lift required for the short runway. That's why catapults are more useful albeit harder to engineer.

Also, please do elaborate how ski jumps allow more balance to aircrafts. I'd really love to know.

Yeah when an Aircraft is diving It does not get enough balance, but on a ski jump, The Aircraft has the time to Settle and Go.... Thats what i meant..:undecided: , is that not correct???

Chinese AC will be a big problem for Indian navy in future as Indian force are lacking behind in numbers and all the projects are too late

its time when India should think seriously and increase there numbers next 10 -15 years are very important for India and china

now its time when Indian govt should think for its country future how they will handle and critical time in future

Yeah when an Aircraft is diving It does not get enough balance, but on a ski jump, The Aircraft has the time to Settle and Go.... Thats what i meant..:undecided: , is that not correct???

Dive? The length of the runway is calculated so that the plane DOES NOT DIVE by the time the runway runs out. A few meters before the line, turbofans should generate enough thrust to create lift off the deck. That's why catapults allow pilots to control the pitch angle that they want. Whereas ski's have a set elevation angle which makes it more difficult for pilots to start off a slow ascend to a lower altitude, or lower angle of elevation.

Chinese AC will be a big problem for Indian navy in future as Indian force are lacking behind in numbers and all the projects are too late

its time when India should think seriously and increase there numbers next 10 -15 years are very important for India and china

now its time when Indian govt should think for its country future how they will handle and critical time in future

Yeah you said it... we need more

No the idea is NOT military competition, it's rather development and the people back home. Look at what the US did to MotherRussia back in cold war. We exhausted their resources by forcing them to spend most if not all on military. I think the primary goal for India in becoming a world player is to focus more on happenings back home, such as infrastructure development and ration supplies to the greater majority of the people, while still focusing on military development, but just at a lower level.

Sow dissension,Chinese carrier will not go to Indian Ocean~~

Dive? The length of the runway is calculated so that the plane DOES NOT DIVE by the time the runway runs out. A few meters before the line, turbofans should generate enough thrust to create lift off the deck. That's why catapults allow pilots to control the pitch angle that they want. Whereas ski's have a set elevation angle which makes it more difficult for pilots to start off a slow ascend to a lower altitude, or lower angle of elevation.

So A ski Jump is a boon or bane for a pilot??? I thought that a Ski jump would help the pilot to grab more thrust and Off to sky... So you come to say that Ski jump adds pressure??:undecided:

So A ski Jump is a boon or bane for a pilot??? I thought that a Ski jump would help the pilot to grab more thrust and Off to sky... So you come to say that Ski jump adds pressure??:undecided:

How would a ski jump give planes more thrust?! The engines produce the force, not the concrete. In fact, ski jumps decrease thrust, one because it at an angle where gravity acts on dragging the plane back, and two because the take-off is more inclined to the same vector as gravity, vertical. Hence, that's why ski jumps are for planes with lower mass. If you can't produce enough thrust, you can't lift off.

For the record, OP, what's the point of this article. I couldn't be bothered reading it in detail but by skimming through the passage, I see no updates on any carrier related info.

No the idea is NOT military competition, it's rather development and the people back home. Look at what the US did to MotherRussia back in cold war. We exhausted their resources by forcing them to spend most if not all on military. I think the primary goal for India in becoming a world player is to focus more on happenings back home, such as infrastructure development and ration supplies to the greater majority of the people, while still focusing on military development, but just at a lower level.

yes you are right but there condition are diffrent india has to face both china and Pakistan and china will use the policy so that they need less effort

Indian govt should think seriously
India need to work in all sector like

good roads. logical support, technology, numbers and the most important thins is economy

Indian economy must do good work in future

How would a ski jump give planes more thrust?! The engines produce the force, not the concrete. In fact, ski jumps decrease thrust, one because it at an angle where gravity acts on dragging the plane back, and two because the take-off is more inclined to the same vector as gravity, vertical. Hence, that's why ski jumps are for planes with lower mass. If you can't produce enough thrust, you can't lift off.

Hmnnnn interesting....So that will not be of any advantage???

Hey who made ski jumps on Projecect 71??? remove it:argh: :sniper: :sniper:

yes you are right but there condition are diffrent india has to face both china and Pakistan and china will use the policy so that they need less effort

Indian govt should think seriously
India need to work in all sector like

good roads. logical support, technology, numbers and the most important thins is economy

Indian economy must do good work in future

And so what? The USSR had the world's strongest power in addition to 1/2 of Europe and Australasia against it. It think it was in a much darker condition compared to where India is right now, especially when China isn't even threatening India. Back then we were scaring the Ruskies directly with our weapon developments. However, China isn't doing it to scare off its neighbors, it's going it for itself. Furthermore, India's defence spending this year is ~5%, that's on the same level as us buddy.

Hmnnnn interesting....So that will not be of any advantage???

Hey who made ski jumps on Projecect 71??? remove it:argh: :sniper: :sniper:

Well one advantage, it allows the runway to be heavily shortened, for those nations who do no require large carriers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom