What's new

The Political Impact of Chinese President's Proposed Visit

And therefore NS made the right calls all along, given the situation. He is a better politician (still sub-par) than IK. When I heard that SS was off to China, I should have wisened-up to this dimension. In any case, the policy of not using deadly force bought enough time and provided a valuable contrast. Finally Army had to come around. So, even though damage is done, NS has made it for the next few months.

ARY & Co are going to face the music now.

The Army has what it wants - a weakened and more pliable civil government that maintains a useful democratic facade.

Unconfirmed report.

i believe it is confirmed now.

Security clearance denied: Chinese president’s visit to Pakistan postponed

ISLAMABAD: Chinese President Xi Jinping’s trip to Pakistan has been postponed after his security team denied giving him clearance to visit the country, Express Newsreported quoting sources.

Xi’s security delegation was in Islamabad yesterday to review the security situation in light of the protests, and was not satisfied with the arrangement.

Instead, it was suggested that he should visit Lahore instead of Islamabad; however, his security team did not give clearance for that either.

President Xi’s visit is seen as crucial for Pakistan, during which a number of economic and defence deals are expected to be signed between the two countries.

Last month, Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa also cancelled his visit to Pakistan in the wake of the country’s political situation.

The cancellation of Rajapaksa’s visit was seen as a major blow to the government at a time when the country was deep in the throes of political turmoil and uncertainty.

Security clearance denied: Chinese president’s visit to Pakistan postponed – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
@Chak Bamu I could see lot of similarity in IK and kejriwal......

1) Both are from non political background
2) Both are founder of their own party
3) Both are arrogant
4) Both know how to use people sentiments
5) Both get carried away with the support they get
6) Both started of well and people had faith and belief in their way of politics. Eventually they got over confident and become more arrogant.
7)Both of them has an ideology which is very different from other parties in respective countries
8) Both won a state/province assembly (i hope i am right on IK in KPK)
9) Both did very bad in their national elections.

You know why IK is relevant and Kejriwal is not???? Because India has a government which is stable with wide majority and going on the right direction (atleast from the early indications). This reduced the significance of him and his party. If India had a unstable government and if the government was formed with a coalition of regional parties, he would have been a different man and his party would have been on street every day doing what IK and Quadri is doing.

The best thing to avoid such political turmoil is Having a Stable government with a powerful leader as its head, The leader should be able to generate support from its people rather than looking at Army or any other country.....

Note: my points on IK is based on the articles and discussion i have read in PDF (apologies if u find me wrong in any of the points)

In my view the only similarity b/w IK and Kejriwal was that they started the protests and captured the air waves. Nothing more. Because while Kejriwal couldn't win any significant seats, IK did win them, but out of his sheer stupidity, narrow vision (the type the Scanning Electron microscopes use) and ego, he has done serious damage to PTI. A lot of the people are tired of this drama.

Nothing thwarted or subverted, just the usual 16% commission (on every deal signed) of the regular member and much more than that of PM/CM is delayed for some time. Haram luqma milney mein thori si der ho gai bas, aur kuch nahin howa.

Sad to see you are so cynical: I have myself boarded a fine China-supplied frigate in my 2011 visit to Pakistan during a tour of the Pak Naval Base in Karachi. Surely this Chinese President visit would be beneficial to Pakistan in some ways?

Your remark sounds like Imran Khan's suggestion to use 'Hundi' to send money to Pakistan. So what would be next: Plant explosives under the PM House?

Nothing thwarted or subverted, just the usual 16% commission (on every deal signed) of the regular member and much more than that of PM/CM is delayed for some time. Haram luqma milney mein thori si der ho gai bas, aur kuch nahin howa.
Fazlu correctly advised Ahsan Iqbal to establish a Mental Hospital in Islamabad than a Cancer Hospital.....

Wow, so either IK will bring change (Tareen & Co taking their cuts) or we will ensure that nothing happens. Ky baat hai Dr. saab. This is what IK has done to us.

You are OK with this jolt just so that the 'right' accounts are filled instead of the 'wrong' ones. Yup I can see how that would be 'progress'.

Sad to see you are so cynical: I have myself boarded a fine China-supplied frigate in my 2011 visit to Pakistan during a tour of the Pak Naval Base in Karachi. Surely this Chinese President visit would be beneficial to Pakistan in some ways?

Your remark sounds like Imran Khan's suggestion to use 'Hundi' to send money to Pakistan. So what would be next: Plant explosives under the PM House?
You are putting words in my mouth that I have not said. Cynical... yes, and why I should not be? What was in this proposed visit and signing of 35 million dollar deals for common Pakistani? He was to pay less for the electricity? he was to pay less for the food? he could send his children to better Schools? he had to pay less bribe for his legal and legitimate work? he did not have to wait for 30 years for a court ruling in his favor? What is in this proposed visit for common Pakistani?

Wow, so either IK will bring change (Tareen & Co taking their cuts) or we will ensure that nothing happens. Ky baat hai Dr. saab. This is what IK has done to us.

You are OK with this jolt just so that the 'right' accounts are filled instead of the 'wrong' ones. Yup I can see how that would be 'progress'.
To hell with IK, it is not about IK. I never was his supporter or voter.

Jis khait sey dehqaN ko mayassar na ho rozi
us khait key har khosha e gandum ko jala do

I did not say, before you recommend me for a mental hospital, Iqbal said.

Last edited:
I curse the day you were born Imran. Pakistan is paying the price for you. Another high profile visit cancelled. Another billions, perhaps even trillion, dollars worth of investment gone.

Gone knows when the Chinese will visit again. These visit don't just happen overnight. These leaders have a heavy schedule which is planned months and years ahead.

Curse you Imran khan. You have brought nothing but instability in this country. Today I really wanna wish him all the ills in the world.

i believe it is confirmed now.

Security clearance denied: Chinese president’s visit to Pakistan postponed

ISLAMABAD: Chinese President Xi Jinping’s trip to Pakistan has been postponed after his security team denied giving him clearance to visit the country, Express Newsreported quoting sources.
Xi’s security delegation was in Islamabad yesterday to review the security situation in light of the protests, and was not satisfied with the arrangement.

Instead, it was suggested that he should visit Lahore instead of Islamabad; however, his security team did not give clearance for that either.

President Xi’s visit is seen as crucial for Pakistan, during which a number of economic and defence deals are expected to be signed between the two countries.

Last month, Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa also cancelled his visit to Pakistan in the wake of the country’s political situation.

The cancellation of Rajapaksa’s visit was seen as a major blow to the government at a time when the country was deep in the throes of political turmoil and uncertainty.

Security clearance denied: Chinese president’s visit to Pakistan postponed – The Express Tribune

What this means is that it has been recommended that the visit be postponed. This does NOT confirm that the visit is cancelled.

If we throw these idiots out of Red Zone, we can yet host Chinese President. If indeed that is the only objection.

Fazlu correctly advised Ahsan Iqbal to establish a Mental Hospital in Islamabad than a Cancer Hospital.....
LOL!
An old Urdu 'sher' came to my mind instantly:

Qais Jungle me Akela he Mujhe Jane Do
Khoob Guzre ki Jab Mil Bethengey Diwane Do

No guessing who would be those 'Diwane Do' :)

ps. Yes, I am enjoying the dramas now. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Back
Top Bottom