What's new

The Political Impact of Chinese President's Proposed Visit

Do you have ANY idea what an injection of 35 Billion dollar would do to the economy?
Yes I have idea. Coffers of select few would fill up some more and the common Pakistanis will continue to live a miserable life as usual. Billions of dollars have been given into aid to Pakistan, what changed? You say you are an economics student/professional. Go back to 1953, calculate the aid money, and show me how all that money made Pakistan into a heaven. Show me with figures, and we'll talk inshaAllah.

And those two hands were IK and TuQ!
Intellectual dishonesty. It were the hands of the government who did not open up the 4 disputed constituency for recounting, and used excessive force to remove high court-sanctioned barriers outside Minhaj. You know one day you will face Allah. Is this the reply you'll give him?

I think we need a trach and a PP Vent stat!

I am sorry we don't have expertise, we never allowed this facility to be installed. No body here knows tracheostomy, we only know tracheoectomy.

Latest News: Chinese President's Visit CANCELLED !!!!! :pakistan::china:

Postponed! There's a difference between cancellation and postponement.

Yes I have idea. Coffers of select few would fill up some more and the common Pakistanis will continue to live a miserable life as usual. .

In your desperation you will say anything. You will deny the dams built, the universities built, the roads built, the increasing literacy, the proliferation of art, media, brilliant Urdu literature, the trend toward lessening poverty, and INDEED political evolution..

I read Pakistan's first 'Five Year Plan' in Time Magazine's 'archives' (I am a subscriber) after the Independence and it was crystal clear that Pakistan didn't have hardly anything at all. I will try to find that and post on the forum. Compared to that Pakistan has come ahead by long ways.

It is because of the thugs of the mob and their gullible keyboard ideological supporter that Pakistan is suffering so many losses lately.

Confusion over Chinese president’s visit to Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: There has been a great deal of confusion on Thursday surrounding Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to Pakistan and as to whether the trip has been cancelled or delayed.

Reports suggest that the visit, scheduled from 14th to 16th September, may be cancelled due to the ongoing political tensions in Islamabad between the government and protestors led by Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) leader Tahirul Qadri.

National Security and Foreign Affairs Advisor to the PM Sartaj Aziz said during an interview on DawnNews that the Chines leader’s visit will not be cancelled but it is a possibility that it could be delayed.

At the same time Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal said on Twitter that the visit had been cancelled and lashed out at the PTI and PTA leaders.

However, the Chinese Embassy has said that they have no knowledge of President Xi Jinping's visit being cancelled and that they are monitoring the situation in Islamabad closely.

On Wednesday Foreign Office Spokesperson Tasneem Aslam told Dawn.com that the visit by President Jinping is on schedule and was not being cancelled or changed.

This statement was made after a high-level Chinese team comprising of security and protocol of the Chinese president arrived in Islamabad to finalise the dates of the visit.

Imran Khan and Tahirul Qadri have themselves given assurances that there would be no attempt on their part to create an impediment for President Jinping’s visit.

Khan and Qadri have both paid tribute to the Chinese president and have said that China was Pakistan’s closest friend.

In your desperation you will say anything. You will deny the dams built, the universities built, the roads built, the increasing literacy, the proliferation of art, media, brilliant Urdu literature, the trend toward lessening poverty, and INDEED political evolution..

I read Pakistan's first 'Five Year Plan' in Time Magazine's 'archives' (I am a subscriber) after the Independence and it was crystal clear that Pakistan didn't have hardly anything at all. I will try to find that and post on the forum. Compared to that Pakistan has come ahead by long ways.

It is because of the thugs of the mob and their gullible keyboard ideological supporter that Pakistan is suffering so many losses lately.
OK, I admit I am a jaahil who knows nothing. Happy. Thank you. BTW, I'll always enjoy how you insulted me royally (underlined text).

OK, I admit I am a jaahil who knows nothing. Happy. Thank you. BTW, I'll always enjoy how you insulted me royally (underlined text).
"gullible keyboard ideological supporter" was an insult?

You need to loosen up some. Guys, help me with some nicer terms. This guys expects netiquettes of Buckingham Palace Dinner in this forum.

Yes I have idea. Coffers of select few would fill up some more and the common Pakistanis will continue to live a miserable life as usual. Billions of dollars have been given into aid to Pakistan, what changed? You say you are an economics student/professional. Go back to 1953, calculate the aid money, and show me how all that money made Pakistan into a heaven. Show me with figures, and we'll talk inshaAllah.

Right now you're just clutching at straws and nothing else. By your definition then you fully support the illegal civil disobedience of not paying the taxes etc.

If even for a minute you think that the people of Pakistan have not benefited at all from any investment and aid then, my friend, sorry to say you are delusional and you dont deserve the avatar of such a brilliant man as you profile picture.

Basically you are denying that Pakistan has any infrastructure of any kind. Get your act together and think for a minute what Pakistan stands to loose of the Chinese President visit is cancelled

AH! But you contradict yourself!

Investment is NOT the same as aid!

Of course AID has NEVER served us. Aid is a penny thrown in the begging bowl, out of which every pimp takes a cut until we are left with nothing.

Both the Aid giver and receiver know what is really at stake, political favours, we will give "aid", you give us a particular favour.

But Investment is totally different, and THIS is why it matters.

Investment is for return! Actual, tangible profit! It is NOT gratis!

They weren't giving 35 billion dollars cash, to be spent willy nilly.

They were giving them for SPECIFIC projects.

Power plants, dams, factories, roads whatever the hell China wished.

And THEY, China, would want return!

Profit generation.

Which will be an absolute boon for us.

Workers will be needed for these projects, material will be needed, workers to make or mine those material will be needed, transport would be needed, people to fix those transport would be needed, people to feed all these people would be needed, houses would be needed, people to build those houses would be needed, people to teach their kids would be needed, people to entertain these people during their off time would be needed...

INVESTMENT in an ECONOMY is a major driver, and you know it.

-----

Don't confuse generic American aid with critical Chinese investment.

India is talking to Japan of similar investment of around 35 Billion Dollar.

We need this Chinese Investment too,

China is not giving out of the good of it's heart, this, I repeat, is NOT aid,

This is merely it's economic strategy.

We merely provide a convenient logistical path.

IF we can become a part of it, good.

Otherwise, China is impatient, it would go elsewhere, and we can NOT risk that.

damn, it seems TUQ and IK have just succeeded in ruining our national imgae, congrats
Ruined National image? Bro they have just single handedly destroyed the economy of Pakistan for the next decade. This man was here to sign several energy deals and dams that Pakistan so desperately needed 25 years ago.

Yaar hud ho gaye hai. If Pakistan doesn't built some really required dams then the country is doomed.

Ruined National image? Bro they have just single handedly destroyed the economy of Pakistan for the next decade. This man was here to sign several energy deals and dams that Pakistan so desperately needed 25 years ago.
Yaar hud ho gaye hai. If Pakistan doesn't built some really required dams then the country is doomed.

Maybe that's what this thug Imran Khan wants anyway? Do you know that the idea of sending money via Hundi was whispered by someone around Imran Khan during his speech? And the mindless leader relayed that to the crowd. This account is given by Javed Hashmi himself.

Investment is for return! Actual, tangible profit! It is NOT gratis!

Exactly. Good post.
China has some extra $$ which she can spend anywhere they see options for return. To invest in Pakistan serves both strategic purposes and $, as opposed to some other country where strategic concerns are less/non-existent.

I still hope this postponement is a pressure tactic to ask the important players to wrap up the Tamasha or else...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom