What's new

The Political Impact of Chinese President's Proposed Visit

Mate, You also had some good leaders, and that is the reason you are here today, It is easy to look at what you do not have, and people normally ignore what you got.......

Correct.
Some people really make Pakistan look like an Afghanistan or some sub-Saharan country! Indeed, Pakistan is below par and I think that has a lot to do with the rivalry against India which makes Pakistan a 'security state'. I don't want to discuss that in this thread. But suffice it is to say Pakistan has been able to accomplish significantly despite the shenanigans of its leadership mostly because Pakistanis have most of the time ensured orderly transfer of power between various civilian and military rulers. Afghanistan has failed to do so and hence they are so backward.

But the mobocracy wants to change rules of the game too drastically. If they are allowed to topple the govt today then, truly, Pakistan is FINISHED as a state because there will be many more, and bigger mobs in future marching to Islamabad. Once Pakistan sets a precedent then there is no stopping that in future.

When china media quotes his(Sharif) past, We feel shame. They showed them attacking on supreme court, & parliament. When Our corrupt leader meets with honest leader of china, we have no face to hide but our leaders have no shame. We are deprived from this government, & their attitude towards civilian.
China is our best friend, Nobody denies it. We feel sorry that they cancelled the visit. Everybody is ready to welcome them including Opposition. But nobody is ready to come in Pakistan. Sad reality.

I notice that you do not have a problem with TuQ/IK having caused a major embarrassment to Pakistan. You are not willing to consider their role even. This is my problem with you guys. You just close your eyes and ignore the immediate and most obvious cause because of your bias. How can you have a problem with others doing the same?

Correct.
Some people really make Pakistan look like an Afghanistan or some sub-Saharan country! Indeed, Pakistan is below par and I think that has a lot to do with the rivalry against India which makes Pakistan a 'security state'. I don't want to discuss that in this thread. But suffice it is to say Pakistan has been able to accomplish significantly despite the shenanigans of its leadership mostly because Pakistanis have most of the time ensured orderly transfer of power between various civilian and military rulers. Afghanistan has failed to do so and hence they are so backward.

But the mobocracy wants to change rules of the game too drastically. If they are allowed to topple the govt today then, truly, Pakistan is FINISHED as a state because there will be many more, and bigger mobs in future marching to Islamabad. Once Pakistan sets a precedent then there is no stopping that in future.

Yes.

Moreover, the mobs marching up or down to Islamabad necessarily belong to cities/town around G.T. Road. How many people consider the impact upon thoughts and feelings of people who do not belong to this area? I fully expect Sindhis and Balochis to feel resentment at this. Already there are objections about this being a Punjabi thing. This is not good for federation. Not good at all. But Youthias do not see this. They share the very narrow focus of their leader. Most unfortunate.

I think we might see govt doing some face saving deal with IK but don't know about TUQ

Maybe the chinese can give the GoP some pointers on how to handle these dharnas, Tiananmen style..

Maybe the chinese can give the GoP some pointers on how to handle these dharnas, Tiananmen style..

No need. We are a democracy trying to go by the constitution, if players let us do so. We are not a dictatorship or one-party rule country.

I notice that you do not have a problem with TuQ/IK having caused a major embarrassment to Pakistan. You are not willing to consider their role even. This is my problem with you guys. You just close your eyes and ignore the immediate and most obvious cause because of your bias. How can you have a problem with others doing the same?
Your approach just like the people from the status quo or Noora's camp is 'Shoot the Messenger'. Arrest IK and Qadri for revolting against the state. For their illegitimate march towards the capitol. For their illegal sit-in in front of government buildings etc etc. While at the same time ignore WHY these marches happened in the first place! Ignore Model Town massacre by Punjab police brutality and the fact that no FIR was filed against the perpetrators for two months! Ignore widespread rigging in recent elections and failure of sitting government and judiciary to investigate impartially. Yes ignore the message of truth and justice while focusing on the marching "thugs" who demand nothing but justice and scrutiny against sitting government crimes. Ignore democracy of the masses while focusing on illegitimate parliamentary speeches to maintain status quo.

Your approach just like the people from the status quo or Noora's camp is 'Shoot the Messenger'. Arrest IK and Qadri for revolting against the state. For their illegitimate march towards the capitol. For their illegal sit-in in front of government buildings etc etc. While at the same time ignore WHY these marches happened in the first place! Ignore Model Town massacre by Punjab police brutality and the fact that no FIR was filed against the perpetrators for two months! Ignore widespread rigging in recent elections and failure of sitting government and judiciary to investigate impartially. Yes ignore the message of truth and justice while focusing on the marching "thugs" who demand nothing but justice and scrutiny against sitting government crimes. Ignore democracy of the masses while focusing on illegitimate parliamentary speeches to maintain status quo.
FIR yada yada Police yada yada Brutality blah blah blah.....

Your points have been answered multiple times and yet you keep coming back with same rubbish. We are dealing with Anarchists, not barbie dolls.

Your points have been answered multiple times and yet you keep coming back with same rubbish. We are dealing with Anarchists, not barbie dolls.
You haven't proven anything that says they are anarchists. Both IK and Qadri are leaders behind these marches and sit-ins. No one accused them for spreading anarchy until police used massive force to disperse the protesters and they lost control of their leadership. Yet the protesters remained when the government ministers on record were coming on TV bragging how effective they were and that they will round these few thousand people back to the jail.

The events of the past few weeks prove otherwise.

The events of the last few weeks if anything prove how Pakistan is maturing as a democracy

public support to end corruption and hsve a free and fair vote

A government falling back on parliamentary and political support to shore itself up

a military backing all parties to resolve their differnces

and no mass slaughter on street

It will take time but Pakistan is emerging as a democratic state

The events of the last few weeks if anything prove how Pakistan is maturing as a democracy

public support to end corruption and hsve a free and fair vote

A government falling back on parliamentary and political support to shore itself up

a military backing all parties to resolve their differnces

and no mass slaughter on street

It will take time but Pakistan is emerging as a democratic state

I am so happy as an expat seeing masses of the people demanding free and fair elections, scrutiny for model town massacre, police brutality against the protesters in Islamabad etc etc.

I am so happy as an expat seeing masses of the people demanding free and fair elections, scrutiny for model town massacre, police brutality against the protesters in Islamabad etc etc.

Too bad their demands are being ignored and they are being made to look like terrorists. What a wonderful democracy it is .. .

Back
Top Bottom