What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

I honestly can't speak on Iran as the Arab public opinion is divided. All I know is that we are fighting these savages who try to sneak into your boarders.

secterianism is a foreign imported conduct its not Iraqis, we just got tangled up in it, while the saudis and iranians fight each other in Iraq, it's not easy to set this bearing aside while there are so many top level people in the country with foreign allegiances. We need to start with fighting terrorism from those within the system before fighting those on the outside.

It will come in time, we've endured more than what most countries can.

Effectively, secterianism is a foreign product cultivated by idiots within the populace..but it's not something that will last, because the country it's people are greater than that.

I’d like a large number of these from China, they can deliver it fast, self propelled = partially guided btw.

PLZ-45 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The PLZ-45 is one of its kind. Go for it! Don't hesitate a second.

I honestly can't speak on Iran as the Arab public opinion is divided. All I know is that we are fighting these savages who try to sneak into your boarders.

The PLZ-45 is one of its kind. Go for it! Don't hesitate a second.

at the expense of iraqi lives. we are fighting the savages on both sides.

chengduj10b.jpg
Can you beat that awesomeness we should consider china and put aside our habit of go either Russia Frannce or U.S for arms.

Can't wait to hear back from China then.
by the way Pakistan is more american satellite than Iraq today and they still getting chinese products like the j-10b in the coming years also subs so its all about money bro.

China's relations with Pakistan is on another level bro! In other word, they happen to be best friends for real.
by the way Pakistan is more american satellite than Iraq today and they still getting chinese products like the j-10b in the coming years also subs so its all about money bro.

The UAE is ordering more Block 60s, so in reality it is highly unlikely that they are going to sell - Even if they chose to re-sell them, they will never give them to Iraq as they consider its Gov't to be an Iranian proxy. Kuwait may sell you their F/A 18s, forget about the UAE.

You consider it a proxy, not the UAE.

China is an important customer in the Iraqi oil sector, it could be done.

Not everything can be realized as too many aircraft types are mentioned below giving logistical problems and aircraft types should be ignored, it’s about the idea.

As a hypothetical example. Iraq would want a mix of Chinese and a "western" type of aircraft.

The force completion to be around 2020-2025 period.

The structure can be as follows:
-JF17Chinese - 3 squadrons (54 aircraft) - equipped with chinese radar/SD10A missiles
-JF17western - 3 squadrons (54 aircraft) - equipped with VIXEN-1000 radar/METEOR missiles
-J10B - 2 squadrons (36 aircraft) - as the two seat multi-role attack aircraft (longer range/twin seater/heavier payload than JF17).
-F16IQ - 2 squadrons (36 aircraft) - the "western backup" to stop chinese blackmailing.
-J20 - 1 squadron (18 aircraft) Around 2020-2025 as the stealthy element to match neighbours 5th Generation type, and to "convince" the US to allow Iraq to buy F35s perhaps?

The cost to acquire the Chinese aircraft we can offset from the industrial/infrastructural developments that the country needs. For Example, if the cost of the aircraft over the next 10 years is $10Bn, Iraq can request that the aircraft are not only assembled/produced in Iraq but that China make a $10Bn investment in building housing / metro / power stations / ports / railways in Iraq that would no longer be funded from Iraq's "civilian" budgets, and paid back to china on an "ongoing" business basis (e.g. the fares on a metro journey over 25 year period).

This also means that the military's existing budget can be used to buy alternative equipment from countries that don't offer the same "offsets" as China, and thus also ensuring Iraq's long term independence from one supplier (this in addition to using avionics/weapons from multiple sources, as well as having overhaul facilities for the engines/airframes as part of the contract).

Such a method is, practically speaking, the only way Iraq can hope to fund a military modernisation program, with the added bonus of having a large offset that can deliver real services to the population in a much more efficient way than the existing ministries can deliver.

author
Hayder from Iraqimilitary.org

You consider it a proxy, not the UAE.

Personally? No, I'm indifferent to Iraq. Suffice to say that none other than the UAE itself offer asylums to former Bathist, Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is the most predominant figure.

Personally? No, I'm indifferent to Iraq. Suffice to say that none other than the UAE itself offer asylums to former Bathist, Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is the most predominant figure.

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is a joke but he’s not relevant to this, personally I mean yes, but to have the government be called puppet from a gulf nation government is the biggest joke of the year which it’s reasons I can give but I already have and it’s the wrong thread.
UAE cancelled debt and both countries have good economic relations even though mostly with Iraqi companies in the UAE.
The majority of non Iraqi Arabs believe Iraq is a full puppet of Iran because of the major news propaganda especially the thousand times repeated sentence "handed to Iran on a golden plate", however we have done enough research to know it for ourselves, but they are free to believe it if they want so.

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is a joke but he’s not relevant to this, personally I mean yes, but to have the government be called puppet from a gulf nation government is the biggest joke of the year which it’s reasons I can give but I already have and it’s the wrong thread.
UAE cancelled debt and both countries have good economic relations even though mostly with Iraqi companies in the UAE.
The majority of non Iraqi Arabs believe Iraq is a full puppet of Iran because of the major news propaganda especially the thousand times repeated sentence "handed to Iran on a golden plate", however we have done enough research to know it for ourselves, but they are free to believe it if they want so.

No, Iraq is trying to compromise with its neighbors but still Iran has the goods to use its influence.

There is a huge difference between puppet states to proxies.

Could I take a look the research you conducted on Iraq's posture?

No, Iraq is trying to compromise with its neighbors but still Iran has the goods to use its influence.

There is a huge difference between puppet states to proxies.

Could I take a look the research you conducted on Iraq's posture?

Iran has some tools in Iraq which gives them influence, the biggest tools are some militias with Shia as main ideology these could be called proxies indeed, however calling the army a proxy for example is completely wrong it does not make any sense.

I have no idea how to present you this research, it’s a lot of time of arguing with others, looking at Iraqi politics, military, security, foreign relations, military alliances keeping neutrality between ( US / neighbors ) which makes me come to this conclusion, so I can’t convince anyone or show it either.

Back
Top Bottom