What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Algeria's MiG29s affair was a quite scandalous :agree:

Maybe you should check out the Su-30, Su-35, or India's Tejas.
36 is still way too little maybe not even enough to use as quick reaction alert force.
Anyway I heard there were problems with Algeria buying Migs, Russia trying to rip them off selling 2nd used parts, also the MIG has a bad reputation Iraq should only go for Sukhoi jets. Either SU 35 or no Russia jets just western then.

UK offered Iraq Typhoon but they were tranche 1 so they rejected it.
Tornado is too old to be purchased now.

Tranche 1 is still upper offensive; maybe some country applied a tremendous pressure on the UK to back down. We bought both of Tranche 2, and 3. Tranche one may find its way in as well.

Tranche 1 is still upper offensive; maybe some country applied a tremendous pressure on the UK to back down. We bought both of Tranche 2, and 3. Tranche one may find its way in as well.

Is the UAE going to get rid of its block 60’s ?
Iraq would be a perfect market for theirs considering we need a large number fast, theirs are not used often anyway, building takes years.

Is the UAE going to get rid of its block 60’s ?
Iraq would be a perfect market for theirs considering we need a large number fast, theirs are not used often anyway, building takes years.

The UAE is ordering more Block 60s, so in reality it is highly unlikely that they are going to sell - Even if they chose to re-sell them, they will never give them to Iraq as they consider its Gov't to be an Iranian proxy. Kuwait may sell you their F/A 18s, forget about the UAE.

ISOF ( special forces ) expansion plan from currently ~10.000 to ~40.000 special forces soldiers the next 10 years.
Special_Operations_Iraq_SSI.svg

http://home.comcast.net/~djyae/site/?/blog/view/137/
After five years the plans for expanding the Counter Terrorism Service appear to be implementing. ISOF is to expand from 1 to 3 Divisions with a total strength of 30,000-40,000 personnel: Approximately 50 percent the size of US Special Operations Command supported by a population base of only 10 percent of the US. This will require the absorption of the Ministry of Interior’s SOF to be effective.

F16 block 52 are superior to the typhoon tranche 1. The british were trying to sell the tranche 1 typhoons because they weren't going to upgrade them anyway.

Everything rumoured and confirmed to be in Iraqs shopping bag for airforce is better than what the brits offered.

ISOF ( special forces ) expansion plan from currently ~10.000 to ~40.000 special forces soldiers the next 10 years.
Special_Operations_Iraq_SSI.svg

Montrose Toast - Blog

It could take less than 4 years if they choose to "convert" interior ministry SF to ISOF since they are already well trained. It's going to be hell trying to get new recruits since less than 6% of the already ACTIVE fighters get through the FIRST qualification rounds for the ISOF. That's going to require thousands of training ours and a massive effort to achieve.

They could use the SWAT units, fighters from the 17th division and the 54th brigade (AKA Baghdad brigade) since they already have great training and have spent many hours on real combat missions.

F16 block 52 are superior to the typhoon tranche 1. The british were trying to sell the tranche 1 typhoons because they weren't going to upgrade them anyway.

Everything rumoured and confirmed to be in Iraqs shopping bag for airforce is better than what the brits offered.

It depends on what role will the F-16 Block 52 play in your Air Force. Whereas in the Typhoon Trench 1 are being used for 3 major roles; these are Initial Operational Capability, as well as Basic Air Defence Capability,Air-to-air strike capabilities, and Air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities.

Both are amazing but we won't buy the F-16s whatsoever.

It could take less than 4 years if they choose to "convert" interior ministry SF to ISOF since they are already well trained. It's going to be hell trying to get new recruits since less than 6% of the already ACTIVE fighters get through the FIRST qualification rounds for the ISOF. That's going to require thousands of training ours and a massive effort to achieve.

They could use the SWAT units, fighters from the 17th division and the 54th brigade (AKA Baghdad brigade) since they already have great training and have spent many hours on real combat missions.

Why is such a big SOF force needed anyway, no country of Iraq’s size has such a big SOF force or it will most likely serve as a republican guard group again ( 2nd army independent from the rest making coups impossible ) it might be power consolidation by the PM cause these report directly to him.

I hope the increase in quantity doesn't ruin the quality.

Doesn't change the fact that you were too pushy ;)..

Any talks reveled regrading the purchase of the MiGs or second batch of the F-16s?
Don't blame? I have never seen any good attitude from saudis except you thats why I hail you so please keep up the good in you may Allah bless you.

I wish they consider the china's J-10 b it's coming next year wit aesa radar and pl-12 (sd-10) these are no doubt better than the F-16 block 52. I dont understand why they ignore China, the Chinese as I believe more reliable than Russian even they're more advanced than the Russian and tomorrow will prove me right.

I wish they consider the china's J-10 b it's coming next year wit aesa radar and pl-12 (sd-10) these are no doubt better than the F-16 block 52. I dont understand why they ignore China, the Chinese as I believe more reliable than Russian even they're more advanced than the Russian and tomorrow will prove me right.

It's most likely impossible to convince the Chinese to sell their fighter to a US friendly-country like Iraq.

All what you need is to chase the bad guys. Set secterianism aside forever. Many Iraqis are dying because of their sh!t.

secterianism is a foreign imported conduct its not Iraqis, we just got tangled up in it, while the saudis and iranians fight each other in Iraq, it's not easy to set this bearing aside while there are so many top level people in the country with foreign allegiances. We need to start with fighting terrorism from those within the system before fighting those on the outside.

It will come in time, we've endured more than what most countries can.

Effectively, secterianism is a foreign product cultivated by idiots within the populace..but it's not something that will last, because the country it's people are greater than that.

Back
Top Bottom