What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Currently Iraq is the " 2 side alliance " but not on military part so not really to be called alliance either.

Billions of defence deals with the US, oil deals with China, the country should at least have some basic military capabilities before any alliance.

Btw, J10 is better then Rafale ? it looks the same from the outside, not known with the rest of the aircraft.

That is a one-sided alliance, your idea will make isolate Iraq with all countries hostile to China. You may manage to have good relations with both.

I'm not quite sure that we could compare Russia defense industries with China's. All I know is both countries are good, but I will never make an agreement with the Russians at all. Their history is full of flaws and tech bugs.

Personally, I favor China over Russia :agree:
That's exactly my point:cheers: ok may be the words strategic alliance looks big but I mean some special relation ship with them.

Currently Iraq is the " 2 side alliance " but not on military part so not really to be called alliance either.

Billions of defence deals with the US, oil deals with China, the country should at least have some basic military capabilities before any alliance.

Btw, J10 is better then Rafale ? it looks the same from the outside, not known with the rest of the aircraft.
I believe Chinese can help us reestablish military and technology transfer step by step we can start @ least with the UAVs we in urgent need to this kind of hardware to fight terrorists in there territories.

1375275_345042182297604_905327577_n.jpg

officer and soldier shake hands.*
1236729_442947272489460_700793344_n.jpg

1237099_443308535786667_1602884241_n.jpg

9958005903_aa80b9e1fa_h.jpg

9957983363_58e1f1e7b3_h.jpg

9979524923_e16fc874a1_b.jpg

Iraq Air Force, Dassault Mirage F-1BQ, nº 16, marked 4656. wasembargoed in France after Kuwait invasion, and now is displayed at C.A.E.A. Bordeaux

http://www.mod.mil.iq/khaima/pdf/290.pdf

Ibn Al walid company/Iraqi military former building T72s in Iraq has sent people to Germany, England, Italy, Spain and Russia for training / technical information exchange for building tanks ( parts ).

Most likely M1 abrams ^^ as it’s gun is from Germany and armour from the UK.

9958005903_aa80b9e1fa_h.jpg

9957983363_58e1f1e7b3_h.jpg

9979524923_e16fc874a1_b.jpg

Iraq Air Force, Dassault Mirage F-1BQ, nº 16, marked 4656. wasembargoed in France after Kuwait invasion, and now is displayed at C.A.E.A. Bordeaux

France could have helped them a lot with Mirage- F1s like form a fund from EU states to buy F1s from other countries and upgrades all of the Iraqi and other bought F1s for Iraqi Air Force and I am 100% sure that this would be a cheaper and reliable way to operate air force.

France could have helped them a lot with Mirage- F1s like form a fund from EU states to buy F1s from other countries and upgrades all of the Iraqi and other bought F1s for Iraqi Air Force and I am 100% sure that this would be a cheaper and reliable way to operate air force.

France was not part of the coalition of the willing therefore they did not get a share in the booty of the Iraq war. Hence they are getting US F-16s

France tried to rip Iraq off selling Mirage F1s with a very expensive pricetag..

http://www.uma.es/foroparalapazenelmediterraneo/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Hot-News-Naval-Mkt-Aug-2013.pdf

On 11 July 2013, AMI received information that Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, accompanied by high-ranking
Iraqi Navy (IN) officials, discussed with the Russians the possibility of procuring three missile boats (fast attack craft
- FAC) from Moscow.

This same report stated that the Russians have no intention of
selling missile boats to Iraq as “they have other priorities
regarding arms sales to Iraq.” AMI’s source believes that these
priorities include medium-range air defense missile systems,
helicopters, and fighter jets.
Because of Russia's lack of desire to sell FAC to Iraq, source did
indicate that al-Maliki intends to contact other ambassadors in
Baghdad with the intent of making a similar request for FAC.
AMI believes that top contenders for the FAC program will be the United States under a Foreign Military Sales
(FMS) program (possibly the Ambassador III design currently under construction for Egypt), the United Kingdom,
France and Italy. Fincantieri of Italy built four Assad class FAC for Iraq in the 1980s but were never delivered to the
regime of Saddam Hussein and were subsequently sold to Malaysia and renamed the Laksamana class.
If a supplier is able to be found in the near term, AMI anticipates a construction contract could be in place as early as
2015 with three units commissioning by 2019.

Back
Top Bottom