What's new

The Economist - GDP 2013

No real economists will use ppp for GDP. Give it up people, only nominal GDP counts.

I am surprised that Japan's GDP per capita is so much lower than Australia. I mean science and entertainment, etc. Japan beats Australia. I cannot think of anything worthwhile Australia is good at, lol. I guess a country with small population but rich resources does wonder for your GPD.

I am also surprised that China's GDP has increased so much. I remember like yesterday when China's GDP just surpassed that of Japan.

I am surprised that Japan's GDP per capita is so much lower than Australia. I mean science and entertainment, etc. Japan beats Australia. I cannot think of anything worthwhile Australia is good at, lol. I guess a country with small population but rich resources does wonder for your GPD.

I am also surprised that China's GDP has increased so much. I remember like yesterday when China's GDP just surpassed that of Japan.

Yea I remember that and it was on news all over Now look at the numbers it is already more than twice of Japan. Few more years and it will be more than that of USA. Boy world for sure is going to change after that. I hope China keeps its head sensible and not go on wars around the world like US

Yea I remember that and it was on news all over Now look at the numbers it is already more than twice of Japan. Few more years and it will be more than that of USA. Boy world for sure is going to change after that. I hope China keeps its head sensible and not go on wars around the world like US

Who wants war?

Peace and stability are much more profitable.

With a population of that size of 253 million compared to Australia's 23 million, thats an achievement.

Australia has the best GDP per-capita within 16 biggest GDP countries, your country GDP per capita (USA) is also less than Aussie. It has huge resources and has had its GDP only 500 Billion USD in early 2000, and tripling into current data because of China and India demand on coal and others. In term of Manufacturing out put, Indonesia is much better than Aussie...Two or three times bigger...we are number 11 in the world in term of manufacturing output..and very close to India out put even though India has more than 1 billion people.

Australia has the best GDP per-capita within 16 biggest GDP countries, your country GDP per capita (USA) is also less than Aussie. It has huge resources and has had its GDP only 500 Billion USD in early 2000, and tripling into current data because of China and India demand on coal and others. In term of Manufacturing out put, Indonesia is much better than Aussie...Two or three times bigger...we are number 11 in the world in term of manufacturing output..and very close to India out put even though India has more than 1 billion people.

You jelly? :D

Pfft who's going to pay $16 minimum wage to a factory worker :3

We're too good for that shit.

yup, but the price of goods is much cheaper than in Aussie, you cannot compare like that. Any way, since much GDP of Indonesia is circulated in Jakarta...so Jakarta people GDP per capita is much higher than our national ones. Manufacturing places are out side Jakarta by the way. If you set up business in here, the market tends to increase greatly year after years, insyaALLAH. By the way I don't care if you have good income there, good for you.

yup, but the price of goods is much cheaper than in Aussie, you cannot compare like that. Any way, since much GDP of Indonesia is circulated in Jakarta...so Jakarta people GDP per capita is much higher than our national ones. Manufacturing places are out side Jakarta by the way. If you set up business in here, the market tends to increase greatly year after years, insyaALLAH. By the way I don't care if you have good income there, good for you.

Yes, we call that PPP, purchasing power parity. :)

Oh good thanks, I love being relatively rich.

if you take USD/INR at 45. Indian GDP nomial jumps to 2951200.

that's number 5 on the list.

so seems like this nominal data is not very useful. PPP seems more better.

if you take USD/INR at 45. Indian GDP nomial jumps to 2951200.

that's number 5 on the list.

so seems like this nominal data is not very useful. PPP seems more better.
no,for international comparisons nominal GDP is used....
ppp is used for per capita comparisons.....

no,for international comparisons nominal GDP is used....
ppp is used for per capita comparisons.....

In nominal GDP India GDP will increase greatly once INR appreciates. INR may be close to 45 by end of 2015. We should be number 5 on the list. :)

In nominal GDP India GDP will increase greatly once INR appreciates. INR may be close to 45 by end of 2015. We should be number 5 on the list. :)
Who told you that rupee will appreciate to 45?
it will take a decade to reach 5th position....
But we can reach at6 easily by 2020.....

Back
Top Bottom