What's new

The Awakening Sunni Giant (Recomended)

How about this, imagine a house where the mother is sick the children are starving and the father is jobless, yet he spends every last penny and every waking hour focused on the problems of those sitting next door?

Who requires the psychological examination? The person stating reason, or the person wanting to play hero and deliver justice "next door"?

That will not happen, Pakistan will not send troops anywhere but we do appreciate the gesture even from forumers.

Why do non-Arabs and outsiders think that the Al-Saud family are some kind of medieval tyrants that are reminiscent of the European autocracies and absolute monarchies from between 1500-1919 (in some countries)?

The Al-Saud family was a nationwide MOVEMENT were whole towns, tribes and regions in current day KSA pledged their allegiance to. They rule with legitimacy. They have a 300 year old history as rulers and they have formed modern day KSA more than anyone else. Before it was heavily divided regions with their own rulers, policies and to certain extent even cultures. Today only a geographical, linguistic (dialects) and to a smaller extent cultural barriers remain, aside from a religious one (different sects albeit in only a few regions). We are all Arabs though. KSA is a very big and diverse country in terms of all that. Many just don't know it. We have all sects in our lands, nearly. More than anyone else.

This is not like that Iranian Shah whose father was a ordinary officer and who took the throne out of nowhere.

No the Al-Saud family conquered their lands and won the battles of power that were typical of EVERY single society 250-300 years ago or even 100-80 years when they united KSA and thus created it. Regional vassal states to foreigners etc. got defeated.

The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is a highly respected figure across the country and he enjoys immense popularity more than any other ruler I can think of. We are not talking about North Korea here.

We Saudis are those who use Twitter and Facebook the MOST in the whole of the Muslim world. In fact in terms of users percentage wise we are only behind USA or even tops it. Don't recall the latest statistics on that. We know what is happening in the world.

There will be no Western-styled democracy in the land of Makkah and Madinah. People need to get that into their heads once and for all.

KSA is not a ordinary country.

teh concept of royalty and kings etc is illegal in islam----it is an egalitarian faith...that they have existed historically does not mean they are legal...khalifa omer ibn al khattab even disliked the title of khalifa and preferred amir ul momineen...

especially repugnant is the concept of hereditary privileges that is part and parcel of the concept of nobility and royalty...each man must stand for himself-his own deeds and misdeeds---

may we be rid of all kings and tormentors ameen....

Now you are confusing a democratic system with a day time soap-opera.

Please get educated a bit of what really is democracy, and why it is good "in the long run" for any country.

peace

ps. China too will move on. They have become 100% Westernized already. Their system of government has changed big time, and will continue evolving.

Anyone stuck in cave age mentality is doomed.

Oh, I live in Denmark my friend. Often called the most stable, free and equal country in the world with the highest taxes. In fact I am writing to you from the center of Copenhagen (Frederiksberg) right now. I lived in Paris - the capital of the democracy and the capital of the French Revolution etc. I have studied in the US for 1 year - the country of the free men or what they call themselves.

I have seen Western styled democracy from first hand. At the same time I grew up in KSA and lived there for most of my life. I also have visited most countries in the Middle East. I have family ties to Yemen (mother from a Yemeni Sadah family with ties to Sana'a and Tarim) too and other Arab countries with family members living in Iraq, UAE albeit some of them are distant. I follow world politics day to day, I speak 3 languages fluently and I am currently picking up Danish bit by bit although I probably will only stay here for 1 more year (studies) before returning to KSA.

Being in favor of my own religion, culture and believing that success can happen again as under my ancestors and even today (KSA is a success story nobody can deny that) is not a cave-mentality.

Oh, what you call soap operas is a reality in Denmark at least and most Western countries. You can't just cherry pick certain things you like and some you don't like. That is not WESTERN styled democracy.

Notice how I specifically speak about WESTERN styled democracy.

China will never be a Western styled democracy. Trust me on that. Is India a Western styled democracy? Is France the same democracy as USA? No.

How about this, imagine a house where the mother is sick the children are starving and the father is jobless, yet he spends every last penny and every waking hour focused on the problems of those sitting next door?

Who requires the psychological examination? The person stating reason, or the person wanting to play hero and deliver justice "next door"?

Yeah man. I get that.

Your example is good to prove a point.

I'd just respectfully add the following.

-- Imagine the house of your neighbor is on fire.

-- you can sit around, f@rting, and doing $hit

-- Or grab your bucket, hose, or whatever and help your neighbor put down the fire.

Why?

Because if you don't,

then your own damn house will be burnt.

right now you are worried about your kids and $hit.

but if you do not act,

your kids and your $hit will have no place.

I hope you get that now.

peace

If in June 2013, anyone thinks Syrian fiasco is someone's internal affair, he/she must go get his/her head examined by a competent person.

Syrian system has collapsed.

And they need urgent help in restoring peace.

Governments can stand around and watch Syria burn at the hands of incompetent individuals (Assad the butt-cher and FSA), or go in and bring peace the now fully forked country.

peace

the present day "syria' is a colonial monstrosity created to serve their goals...the historically the region between hijaz and anatolia has been ruled from damascus.....it is on region/country......

teh concept of royalty and kings etc is illegal in islam----it is an egalitarian faith...that they have existed historically does not mean they are legal...khalifa omer ibn al khattab even disliked the title of khalifa and preferred amir ul momineen...

especially repugnant is the concept of hereditary privileges that is part and parcel of the concept of nobility and royalty...each man must stand for himself-his own deeds and misdeeds---

may we be rid of all kings and tormentors ameen....

Our countries is non of your business. We people decide that not you. Since our Kings work for our good that's fine for us.

Oh, I live in Denmark my friend......

But your flags show your place of residence is "yemen".

Oh the irony.

OK seriously.

Why do you live in Denmark?

I mean an honest conversation about your motivation.

Thank you

But your flags show your place of residence is "yemen".

Oh the irony.

OK seriously.

Why do you live in Denmark?

I mean an honest conversation about your motivation.

Thank you

Because I am half Yemeni (mother's side) so I choose a Yemeni flag. I don't know what they represent here. I just choose two flags from my two countries.

Which irony?

I am currently studying in Denmark which I wrote in my post. Thought you read it.

Which motivation? I already wrote to you what I had to say about my views of a Western styled democracy in KSA. You don't have to agree with that.

Although I know what I talk about due to my upbringing and past. I am not the ordinary Middle Eastern person if I can use that description. Read my post again.

the present day "syria' is a colonial monstrosity created to serve their goals...the historically the region between hijaz and anatolia has been ruled from damascus.....it is on region/country......

Yes, Hejaz and Levant have been tied since ancient times and some would argue that it is the same country, inhabited today by Arabs and before by Semitic people that were related to each other. Even the landscapes are similar. Our Prophet Muhammad (saws) even traveled to Syria often for business trips and Syrians travelled to Hejaz. In fact that connection was mutual all the way down to Yemen.

Anatolia is not really included in all of that though.

Also I used to think like you do but I realized long ago that it is not realistic.

Saleem sahib,

I hear you.

But you "udderly" failed to make your point clear.

Thank you

Oh, I live in Denmark my friend. Often called the most stable, free and equal country in the world with the highest taxes. In fact I am writing to you from the center of Copenhagen (Frederiksberg) right now. I lived in Paris - the capital of the democracy and the capital of the French Revolution etc. I have studied in the US for 1 year - the country of the free men or what they call themselves.

I have seen Western styled democracy from first hand. At the same time I grew up in KSA and lived there for most of my life. I also have visited most countries in the Middle East. I have family ties to Yemen (mother from a Yemeni Sadah family with ties to Sana'a and Tarim) too and other Arab countries with family members living in Iraq, UAE albeit some of them are distant. I follow world politics day to day, I speak 3 languages fluently and I am currently picking up Danish bit by bit although I probably will only stay here for 1 more year (studies) before returning to KSA.

Being in favor of my own religion, culture and believing that success can happen again as under my ancestors and even today (KSA is a success story nobody can deny that) is not a cave-mentality.

Oh, what you call soap operas is a reality in Denmark at least and most Western countries. You can't just cherry pick certain things you like and some you don't like. That is not WESTERN styled democracy.

Notice how I specifically speak about WESTERN styled democracy.

China will never be a Western styled democracy. Trust me on that. Is India a Western styled democracy? Is France the same democracy as USA? No.

Mashalah, best wishes. :)

teh concept of royalty and kings etc is illegal in islam----it is an egalitarian faith...that they have existed historically does not mean they are legal...khalifa omer ibn al khattab even disliked the title of khalifa and preferred amir ul momineen....

JFYI :) King David, King Soloman, King Saul etc. who we Muslims consider to be Muslims and followed Islam with different Shariah...they were also Kings. Muwaiya radi'Allahuan was considered the first King of the Muslims. The prophet said in an authentic Hadith there will kings after 30 years.

"Successorship (al-khilâfa) after me shall last for thirty years. After that, there will be kingship." Imam Ahmad declared this narration sound and adduced it as a proof for the caliphate of the four Imams. A sound hadith narrated from Safina by al-Tirmidhi (hasan) with a fair chain according to Shaykh 'Abd Allah al-Talidi who declared it sahîh because of its cor-robo-rative and witness-chains in his edition of al-Suyuti's Tahdhib al-Khasa'is (p. 293 #375);

Too be honest Pakistan would be a better country if we reinstated the Monarchy. We would be like Morrocco or a Nepal I know i'm saying random nonsense. But it would definitely be a better place without all of these political garbage Pakistan is in right now. People can focus on fixing our economy, creating jobs, and finding ways to stop the brain draining of Pakistan (My Father who got his PHD in Mathematics and MS in Physics from Punjab University), I am not even going to talk about the hundreds of thousands of medical students who leave Pakistan.

Our countries is non of your business. We people decide that not you. Since our Kings work for our good that's fine for us.

C'mon man.

you posted an article on your "region".

If people post, you tell them "none of your business".

Please do not cr@p your own thread.

i take my country side(EGYPT)
anyway Egyptians have many victories and defeats in our long history i cant let history effect my opinion all i care about is what would be better for Egypt right now

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon man.

you posted an article on your "region".

If people post, you tell them "none of your business".

Please do not cr@p your own thread.

I haven't even mentioned toppling any regime, unless you are talking about Bashar who has lost the very last legitimacy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom