What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Originally Turks were from Xinjiang but lost battle to Chinese and left.

Shut up they are all from central Asian republics and may be some from Xinjiang, and this is TFX thread not the thread not for where Turk originate from, so STICK TO THE TOPIC, you're famous for derailing various threads with your stupid and retard CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Originally Turks were from Xinjiang but lost battle to Chinese and left.

You forgot how Turks ruled whole chine for a century i guess) Turks come from Altay mountains. Thats why Turkish tank is called Altay...
its not the place to talk, otherwise you would call me history teacher after a day...

China sold ballistic missiles before and even provided some world leaders with nuclear warhead availability if they are attacked by nuclear weapons. FC-31 is nothing but all the priorities will be given to PLAN and PLAAF first. Anyway this is TF-x forum and stop trolling.

First prototype of Hürjet to be seen with it's engine integrated on it in this year.

IMO, construction of first prototype of Hürjet would be done by the end of this year, and construction of first prototype of MMU would begin either by the end of this year, or in Q1 2022.

First prototype of Hürjet to be seen with it's engine integrated on it in this year.

IMO, construction of first prototype of Hürjet would be done by the end of this year, and construction of first prototype of MMU would begin either by the end of this year, or in Q1 2022.

This has moved forward more then I anticipated with the Engine ready this year. I thought it was ready by 2022

This has moved forward more then I anticipated with the Engine ready this year. I thought it was ready by 2022
Hürjet P1 will probably conduct it's ground tests during 2022, it is planned to conduct it's first flight in March 2023 (MMU P1 will also get out of the hangar first time in that day, with it's own engines). Hürjet's P2 and P3 would be produced in 2022.

So, Turkish officials were talking about using of Eurojet EJ200 for Hurjet for a while, but now it seems like they have now decided to use GE F404 instead. Isn't Turkey sanctioned by the US? Yes, yes. The arms embargo is very specific and Turkey may get around with the sanction, but even then the Turkish government needs approval from both GE Aviation & the US congress (including licensed production which is also a subject of US approval) and I doubt they would do that for Turkey at the moment.

A very curious decision.

Isn't Turkey sanctioned by the US?
SSB has been sanctioned by US President due to CAATSA. SSB is not a customer here. While there is no legal blockage for engines today, i wouldn't bet in US if i was the decision maker. They will try to find some another excuse to block some other stuff in future imo.

SSB has been sanctioned by US President due to CAATSA. SSB is not a customer here. While there is no legal blockage for engines today, i wouldn't bet in US if i was the decision maker. They will try to find some another excuse to block some other stuff in future imo.

No, new sales of military grade engines is a subject of approval by the US government regardless the sanction. I am pretty sure the Turkish government is also aware of that, too. Hence, my comment - they made a very curious decision.

No, new sales of military grade engines is a subject of approval by the US government regardless the sanction. I am pretty sure the Turkish government is also aware of that, too. Hence, my comment - they made a very curious decision.

I cannot say anything about the F404, but TEI CEO said that F110 will be started to be produced again and used in TFX.

I cannot say anything about the F404, but TEI CEO said that F110 will be started to be produced again and used in TFX.

I am interested in the arrangements between Turkey and the US government over GE F110. Had they agreed to allow Turkey to use GE F110 for jets other than F-16? The US government is usually very specific on terms and conditions for gasturbine engine production licensing. You can only produce certain engines for a particular fighter jet. You can't transfer manufactured engines to third parties. Intellectual Property belongs to the US government and they usually have a final say on almost every matter with military-grade US gasturbine engines & fighter jets.

A good example is Israel. The US is known for being lenient with Israel. Even then when Israel tried to export their used F-16 to Croatia, the US blocked the sales and asked Israel to strip off all modifications that they made to their F-16 and then the US government might re-consider their decision. Yes, the US government is THAT restrictive with gasturbine engines & jets.

US has always been protective of their gasturbine engine technologies and I highly doubt, at current circumstances, the US government would approve Turkey of using GE engines for "new" projects. It is not a matter of what Turkish officials claim, but a matter of what the US government decides.

Last edited:

That is great, just similar like what I have suggested, I think the picking of F 404 engine for Hurjet is to smoothen the F 110 local production deal in Turkey for TFX. I hope there will be anouncement over this by GE themselves.

Now indigenous engine development must be intended for drone program. It is more sensible than directly wanting to produce indigenous engine for 5 generation fighter.

Last edited:
I am interested in the arrangements between Turkey and the US government over GE F110. Had they agreed to allow Turkey to use GE F110 for jets other than F-16? The US government is usually very specific on terms and conditions for gasturbine engine production licensing. You can only produce certain engines for a particular fighter jet. You can't transfer manufactured engines to third parties. Intellectual Property belongs to the US government and they usually have a final say on almost every matter with military-grade US gasturbine engines & fighter jets.

A good example is Israel. The US is known for being lenient with Israel. Even then when Israel tried to export their used F-16 to Croatia, the US blocked the sales and asked Israel to strip off all modifications that they made to their F-16 and then the US government might re-consider their decision. Yes, the US government is THAT restrictive with gasturbine engines & jets.

US has always been protective of their gasturbine engine technologies and I highly doubt, at current circumstances, the US government would approve Turkey of using GE engines for "new" projects. It is not a matter of what Turkish officials claim, but a matter of what the US government decides.

You are a good researcher, but sometimes you think you really know too much. TEI is the 5th largest engine subcontractor in the world, and the remaining 4 directly west block (GE-PW - RR - Safran and its affiliates) earns an annual revenue of 5 billion dollars only from parts, including LEAP engines. TEI has developed high-life turboshaft in 3 years by using the technologies that you are promoting as "strict rules" today, so not everything happens with classical ideas. You can easily be rejected in cheap and non-American disputes, but if you are a supplier that can affect global flight ticket prices by up to 10%, your partner's lobbies come into play. TEI's 4-year profit coincides with the development budget of your awesome uber super KFX, so I suggest you give more complicated examples from Israel, at least while exemplifying.

You are a good researcher, but sometimes you think you really know too much. TEI is the 5th largest engine subcontractor in the world, and the remaining 4 directly west block (GE-PW - RR - Safran and its affiliates) earns an annual revenue of 5 billion dollars only from parts, including LEAP engines. TEI has developed high-life turboshaft in 3 years by using the technologies that you are promoting as "strict rules" today, so not everything happens with classical ideas. You can easily be rejected in cheap and non-American disputes, but if you are a supplier that can affect global flight ticket prices by up to 10%, your partner's lobbies come into play. TEI's 4-year profit coincides with the development budget of your awesome uber super KFX, so I suggest you give more complicated examples from Israel, at least while exemplifying.

TEI is a good subcontractor for engine parts. There is no doubt here. However, the problem here is GE F110 (and F404 for that matter) is intellectual property of United States of America and THEY have a final say over those engines, NOT TEI. There is no point of being upset with me for saying the truth.

And I don't think you are naive enough to actually believe that a "subcontractor" would threaten the US of not fulfilling existing contracts nor receiving new ones from major companies (the EXACT reason why F-35 supply chain keeps Turkish companies around unilt the existing contracts expire) just because the US refuses to hand over invaluable US gasturbine engines and it would work out in favor of Turkey at the end. No amount of lobbists will do any good. It is about national security and even the America's 'greatest ally' Israel couldn't get away with it despite of all business ties & money & influence that they have with USA.

The US refused to do with LHTEC engine
and It is highly likely to happen again with GE F110 & F404.

Unless, of course, Turkey has some dirt on Biden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom