What's new

Tata Motors to set up second light vehicles unit in Bangladesh

Because your tech is not good enough for developed markets. Tata for example bought jaguer to gain expertise and entry into the European market. It's a good move. The developed markets are also protected..... India is not yet capable to penetrating these markets. You will need very very deep pockets and willing to take a loss for a decade before even breaking even. See the Japanese experience. The Koreans needed state intervention and the Malaysians failed altogether. The developed markets ain't going to open their doors. Unless you have an innovative product or ability to absorb several billion initial losses you guys better stick to your country and the surrounding.

Much of what you say are true. There's also the issue of brand perception as far as Tata is concerned.

Expect flaming responses coupled with a d!ck measuring contest in 5...4...3...2...1...

Because your tech is not good enough for developed markets. Tata for example bought jaguer to gain expertise and entry into the European market. It's a good move. The developed markets are also protected..... India is not yet capable to penetrating these markets. You will need very very deep pockets and willing to take a loss for a decade before even breaking even. See the Japanese experience. The Koreans needed state intervention and the Malaysians failed altogether. The developed markets ain't going to open their doors. Unless you have an innovative product or ability to absorb several billion initial losses you guys better stick to your country and the surrounding.

First its not about the tech. Indian tech is upto the level of Europeans. For God sake We are the second largest exporters to European car market. India is poised to be 3rd largest car producer/market by 2015.

Now yes we will have to face losses in the beginning and will take time to break even, but not because of tech but because of brand perception.

Hehe sometimes I do troll a bit just to wind up the hindutva goons but this was not meant to be one.

You simply can not just come in and sell cars.... The markets are protected.... If its any comfort to the Indians .... I drive a XF..... However if it was called the Tata XF I would not have touched it with a barge poll.... Lovely car.... Lame fuel efficiency.....Suspect mechanics compared to a Japanese car.... But it does look cool....

Hehe sometimes I do troll a bit just to wind up the hindutva goons but this was not meant to be one.

You simply can not just come in and sell cars.... The markets are protected.... If its any comfort to the Indians .... I drive a XF..... However if it was called the Tata XF I would not have touched it with a barge poll.... Lovely car.... Lame fuel efficiency.....Suspect mechanics compared to a Japanese car.... But it does look cool....

Indian car companies won't expand on foreign land in a big way until they are able to meet the domestic demand. Our domestic demand is so damm high that we barely are able to meet that. Once that happens then time will come to move foreign. Till then our companies would have acquired many foreign car companies like Jaguar and Land Rover. This is just the beginning.

20 yrs from now you will not only drive a TATA but love it like your baby. :smitten:

The only Indian car that I am aware of in uk is some Suzuki city car which was universally panned for being rubbish and giwizz an electronic car. In terms of the Suzuki the seminal car show top gear concluded it was very very badly made with no frills. Now considering the pricetag I think it's fair enough that it was so basic.

What other Indian car has made it into uk?

India may well be a large car producer but that is materially different from being able to compete with the Americans, europeans, Japanese And Koreans in their market.

I love my XF .... I just don't think about that's it's owned by TATA..... Not that it matters that much .... I bought the brand jaguer.... If Tata can develop its branding then what you say may well be true....

At one time Toyota was a joke..... In my lifetime I have seen the rehabilitation of scoda....

Indian car company have no reputation .... That's a good thing..... With sleek marketing you can create a buzz.... But prepare for a long hard slog..... As you said Indian market is huge and your companies can not supply internal demand. Under such consideration it would not make any sense to venture out..... See what happened to daewoo and proton

The only Indian car that I am aware of in uk is some Suzuki city car which was universally panned for being rubbish and giwizz an electronic car. In terms of the Suzuki the seminal car show top gear concluded it was very very badly made with no frills. Now considering the pricetag I think it's fair enough that it was so basic.

India may well be a large car producer but that is materially different from being able to compete with the Americans, europeans, Japanese And Koreans in their market.

As I said and saying it again, Indians are right now busy in India, although we are trying in west too.
Koreans and Japanese design cars specifically for Euro market and Indians for indian market. Roads, prices and quality are different in both markets. If India wants we can design a top notch car for Europe that will beat all others, but since we don't have presence there it will not be economically viable or profitable. First fulfill the needs of Indian markets and when companies have become world leaders in profits and revenues we can get in there by collaboration with other car companies and make presence quickly. TATA motors is over 50 billion $ company, it can one day overtake Toyota and GM due to huge population and market size of India, the country it is auto leader. Its just a matter of time.:)

BTW i hears Bangladesh is still learning how to assemble a 25cc mopid, need help?? India is willing to send some roadside mechanics who can help Bangladeshi engineers in the job. Just kidding broo :P

Indians should get out of their wet dreams about BD market. Simply put Your reputation and tech are not good enough compared to japanese ones. Bangladeshis goes by reputation & good will so much so that toyota single handedly rules BD's passenger vehicle market. The other Japnese car makers pick up the remaining market pieces. And also geopolitics also plays a part in marketing. Bangladeshis don't have any high regard for Indian goods specially when it comes to high tech stuffs.

Indians should get out of their wet dreams about BD market. Simply put Your reputation and tech are not good enough compared to japanese ones. Bangladeshis goes by reputation & good will so much so that toyota single handedly rules BD's passenger vehicle market. The other Japnese car makers pick up the remaining market pieces. And also geopolitics also plays a part in marketing. Bangladeshis don't have any high regard for Indian goods specially when it comes to high tech stuffs.

Marketplace is ruled not by your fatwas.

Indian automobile industry is in upswing and soon it will dominate US and Europe. Until then you can continue with your trolls to satisfy your ego.

Go and buy Chinese cheap copies and we are not urging you to buy our products.

I am not talking only of the western markets but other markets which are untapped - Indian vehicles sell well in the Gulf, some countries in the far East, Vietnam is a good market, Sri Lanka is one more, South America already has Indian vehicles selling, Africa again is a good market and Indian brands are already selling - A lot of businessmen there are Indians and have a parallel economy spanning all African countries.

The fact is we have already penetrated and banged the BD market big time . BTW next time before complaining buy that 3 rd class Chinese junks :P

Indian automobile industry is in upswing and soon it will dominate US and Europe. Until then you can continue with your trolls to satisfy your ego. Go and buy Chinese cheap copies and we are not urging you to buy our products.

so, when Indian cars will be flooding the world market. Talking big is an Indian national culture.

so, when Indian cars will be flooding the world market. Talking big is an Indian national culture.

Soon enough. some reason why TATAs bought UK car giants. If u have iota of understanding bout Mergers Acquisitions and Joint ventures, u wud understand why India is gonna become the largest producer of European bound Cars.

What I quoted is just a start for this, more and more Automakers from India will start to buy European Brands as their Turnover keeps on going high.

The Day is not far.

Innovative enough????

The developed markets ain't going to open their doors

Tata and Mahindra are selling in Italy
Tata Xenon was developed for UK market
Mahindra is selling in Australia

Tata is second largest bus manufacturer,third largest Truck manufacturer and 19 th largest car manufacturer in the world!!!

Much of what you say are true. There's also the issue of brand perception as far as Tata is concerned.

Expect flaming responses coupled with a d!ck measuring contest in 5...4...3...2...1...

Tata has developed CRDi for their own,hybrid tech,electric car tech and fuel cell technology...Isnt that enough???

Atleast develop your own motorcycle engine:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom