What's new

Tata Motors to set up second light vehicles unit in Bangladesh

we call that weird country "bharot "(pronounced like that) over here

Yes that should be it. Either call it Bharot/Bharotiyo or you can as well pull off Urdu and call Bharti(sounds very weird though coming from someone who's tongue is Bengali), no problem at all.

This will give the readers an idea of Indian car market.

Domestic Indian automotive companies

Tata Indigo Manza.
Chinkara Motors[43]: Beachster, Hammer, Roadster 1.8S, Rockster, Jeepster, Sailster
Hindustan Motors[44]: Ambassador
ICML[45]: Rhino Rx
Mahindra[46]: Major, Xylo, Scorpio, Bolero
Premier Automobiles Limited[47]: Sigma, RiO
San Motors[48]: Storm
Tata Motors[49]: Nano, Indica, Indica Vista, Indigo, Indigo Manza, Indigo CS, Sumo, Safari, Xenon, Aria

Foreign automotive companies in India

Vehicles manufactured or assembled in India

BMW India[51]: 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series.
Fiat India[52] (in collaboration with Tata Motors): Grande Punto, Linea, Palio Stile.
Ford India[53]: Ford Figo, Ikon, Fiesta, Endeavour.
General Motors India[54]
Chevrolet (CSPIL)[55]: Spark, Beat, Aveo U-VA, Aveo, Optra, Cruze, Tavera.
Honda Siel[56]: Jazz, City, Civic, Accord.
Hyundai Motor India[57]: Santro, i10, i20, Accent, Verna Transform, Sonata Transform.
Mahindra Renault[58]: Logan
Maruti Suzuki[59]: 800, Alto, WagonR, Estilo, A-star, Ritz, Swift, Swift DZire, SX4, Omni, Versa, Eeco, Gypsy, Grand Vitara
Mercedes-Benz India: C-Class, E-Class.
Mitsubishi[60] (in collaboration with Hindustan Motors)[61]: Lancer, Lancer Cedia, Pajero
Nissan Motor India[62]: Micra.
Toyota Kirloskar[63]: Corolla, Innova, Camry.
Volkswagen India[64][65]: Polo, Vento, Jetta, Passat.
Audi India: A4, A6, Q5.
Škoda Auto India[66][67]: Fabia, Octavia, Laura, Superb.

Vehicles imported to India
Audi[68]: A8, S4, S6, S8, TT, R8, Q5, Q7.
Bentley[69]: Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Continental GT, Continental Flying Spur, Mulsanne.
BMW[70]: 5 Series GT, 6 Series, 7 Series, X1, X3, X5, X6, X6 M, M3, M5, M6 and Z4.
Bugatti[71]: Veyron
Chevrolet: Captiva.
Fiat[52]: 500, Bravo.
General Motors[72]: Hummer H2, Hummer H3.
Honda[73][74]: Civic Hybrid, CR-V.
Hyundai[75]: Santa Fe.
Jaguar[76]: XF, XJ, XK.
Lamborghini[77]: Gallardo, Murciélago.
Land Rover[78]: Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Discovery 4, Freelander 2.
Maybach[79]: 57 and 62.
Mercedes-Benz[80]: CL-Class, GL-Class, M-Class, R-Class, CLS-Class, S-Class, SL-Class, SLK-Class, Viano, SLS.
Mitsubishi: Montero, Outlander, Evo X.
Nissan[81]: Teana, X-Trail, 370Z,
Porsche[82][83]: 911, Boxster, Panamera, Cayman, Cayenne.
Rolls Royce[84]: Ghost, Phantom, Phantom Coupé, Phantom Drophead Coupé.
Škoda[66]: Yeti, Superb.
Suzuki: Grand Vitara.
Toyota[63]: Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado, Fortuner*, Prius.
Volkswagen[85]: Beetle, Touareg, Phaeton.
Volvo[86]: S60, S80, XC60, XC90.

Commercial Vehicle manufacturers in India

Local Brands
Ashok Leyland[87]
Force[88]
Mahindra Navistar[89]
Premier[47]
Tata[90]
AMW[91]
Swaraj Mazda[92]
[edit]Foreign Brands
Volvo[93]
Tatra[94]
MAN[95]
Mercedes-Benz[96]
Scania[97]
Isuzu[98]
[edit]Electric car manufacturers in India

Ajanta Group[99]
Mahindra[100]
Hero Electric[101]
REVA
Tara International[102]
Tata[103]

~wiki

ok so now you are throwing variables from a country with populations around 1000000000? with ours? eh? how desperate, told you before just come to the city and see for yourself what we drive, I'll be happy to give you even a ride .

ok so now you are throwing variables from a country with populations around 1000000000? with ours? eh? how desperate, told you before just come to the city and see for yourself what we drive, I'll be happy to give you even a ride .

No I'm only trying to give you an abstract picture of the market. Any company be it Deshi or Bideshi, who wants to survive in that highly competitive market, has to come up with quality stuff and has to convince the consumer about the pros-cons of buying their car. Indian companies are actively doing it India, so there should be no problem for them to do the same in Bangladesh as well.

Actually they are facing a less of challenge in Bangladesh than they faced in India, you can't imagine how taboo was the brand 'Made in India' amongst the Indian themselves! I do feel joyous seeing the trend has been changed in just 10 years or so of time!

This is the only thing India has done good regarding business dealing in recent times. I hope the quality of the vehicles will be good not just like the black taxi cab which TATA dumped in Bangladesh and ripped of crors of taka.

A private Indian company and the govt of India are two different entities. The GoI represents the country called India with all its ingredients of geopolitics, while a conglomerate such as TATA represents only itself in a foreign country on the basis of its projected business interest without the multiplication of politics in it.

Please.. The topic is not about flaunting an individual's riches. If you can afford it that doesn't mean all Bangladeshis are millionaires. BD is still one of the poorest countries in the world. So the people who are not as rich as you need an alternative. Tata is providing it. If you still are disgusted at the fact that some middle class Bdeshi might buy an Indian car, you just need to grow up.

we call that weird country "bharot "(pronounced like that) over here

U wouldnt want me to pronounce Bangladesh in malayalam would U?? Anyways, Bharat is Wiered By All Means and we do accept it.... India is The Only Country in the Planet which Is Governed by All the religions equally yet follow secularism, People Who Dont speak common languages Interact with each other, all the 26 states of India follow different Cultures and follow different Methodology , yet Unite and Stand When India Needs them to be....Its probably the Only country in the world with Forests and Deserts and Snowy Areas Isnt it weired?

:rofl:

Land Rover was a bankrupt company, now it's raking in huge profits

read :

Jaguar, Land Rover drive Tata Motors profit surge

btw, that's the reason Daewoo sold it's truk manufacturing biz (now its insanely profitable) and now SSanyong is being bought by Mahindra too :smitten:

It's a Mithubishi Pajero not Progoti Pajero

Her's TATA new vehicle (land rover acquisition helped :agree:)
Tata-Aria.jpg

:smitten:

A classic case of "sympathy you can get jealousy you have to earn " :lol:

Its front light, fender, bonut & waist line resemble alot to Nissan's Murano 2003.

nissan-murano.jpg

^^ And the color too... OMG

My post has got nothing to do with India or Tata. Its just that im into cars and all i mean is that this car has taken a few front facial features from Murano. And its a thing which actually does happen around the world. thats it!

Its front light, fender, bonut & waist line resemble alot to Nissan's Murano 2003.

Watch it carfully mate, all the things you mentioned are quite different. They might have similar shape anf if you go look you will find n number of cars with similar designs/shapes. That's how cars are made. it does not mean Tata's copied from somebody, which i blieve was your point.

Good for Bangladesh and India(and most importantly tata).
I hope bangladeshi businessmen will reciprocate and set shops in India. To bangladeshi members: which bangladeshi business group do you think should invest in India?

My post has got nothing to do with India or Tata. Its just that im into cars and all i mean is that this car has taken a few front facial features from Murano. And its a thing which actually does happen around the world. thats it!

I know very well what your intention was. I am into cars as well and know my stuff very well. The Murano and the Aria although called crossovers are two entirely different sized cars meant for entirely different audience. Murano being closer to SUV whereas Aria being closer to Nissan Quest (if you may compare them). Although I am not a big fan of TATA designs, I am yet to see a single case where there is even a remote similarity in looks.
But as you did notice some I won't mind if someone else does too.
cheers.

Watch it carfully mate, all the things you mentioned are quite different. They might have similar shape anf if you go look you will find n number of cars with similar designs/shapes. That's how cars are made. it does not mean Tata's copied from somebody, which i blieve was your point.

Well.. as i said it resembles, so it can be an inspiration also (not exactly a copy) since the design of Murano was something completely new and genuine in the market.

And it does happen in industry, where design elements are taken as an inspiration.

I know very well what your intention was. I am into cars as well and know my stuff very well. The Murano and the Aria although called crossovers are two entirely different sized cars meant for entirely different audience. Murano being closer to SUV whereas Aria being closer to Nissan Quest (if you may compare them). Although I am not a big fan of TATA designs, I am yet to see a single case where there is even a remote similarity in looks.
But as you did notice some I won't mind if someone else does too.
cheers.

I agree both are different platforms, and these are just a few things in front facia that I found resembling otherwise its a completely different vehicle and a good job by TATA.
:cheers:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom