What's new

Tata Motors to set up second light vehicles unit in Bangladesh

Tata will never export its products to Europe from bangladesh...cozz its even more cheaper to make those vehicles in india & far more easier to transport it from india..cozz Distance from bangladesh to Europe is more than India to Europe....& Europe is well aware of TATA's quality(jaguar & land rover)...:pop:

your post is quite funny..
for the bolded part, you are mentioning it as if TATA has owned these companies from last one century.!!:woot:
(and hardly people know about this)

Its just the ownership change and these things never affect the quality of the brand. Instead it will be TATA which will benefit to learn from research & technology of those companies and put it in their own brand.

Several brands have been purchased and sole for this purpose in automobile industry. For instance, Mercedes is owned by Chrysler, Aston Martin by Ford, Renault by Nissan & (audi, bentley, buggati, lamborghini) by volkswagon but none of them (except incase of the last one) bring any fancy to the parent companies.

Chrysler took many technologies from mercedes and improved their own models. Chrysler 300c is completely based of merc's E class.

Land Rover and Jaguar in short nearly all the british brands have had a bad reputation for serious quality issues. If you own a Land rover or a jaguar then its a norm to have something repaired whenever your car goes for regular service.

TATA motors are doing exceptionally well...Every country needs well manages corporate giants like TATA...Unfortunately Pakistan has none like them.

No wonder anytime soon...most of India's GDP will be earned by TATA..
British Petroleum's earnings pays for every Pensioner's pension money in UK.
Nokia earns more than half of the foreign revenue for the whole of Finland...Soon TATA will do something similar.

My dear friend please try to use Google before you make any comments ...........:hitwall:
TATA's revenue is US$ 70.8 billion (July 2010) and India's GDP is $1.367 trillion (nominal: 11th; 2010)
$3.862 trillion (PPP: 4th; 2010)

in terms of PPP its 3862 Billion USD means TATAs revenue is not even
1% if Indian GDP.
No doubts TATA is giants but we have many other big companies who are doing worldwide takeovers and mergers..

My dear friend please try to use Google before you make any comments ...........:hitwall:
TATA's revenue is US$ 70.8 billion (July 2010) and India's GDP is $1.367 trillion (nominal: 11th; 2010)
$3.862 trillion (PPP: 4th; 2010)

in terms of PPP its 3862 Billion USD means TATAs revenue is not even
1% if Indian GDP.
No doubts TATA is giants but we have many other big companies who are doing worldwide takeovers and mergers..

Okay, okay gentlemen! Let us put an end to the flame war. Let us all agree that India = America and Tata is the biggest company in the world. If that makes you gentlemen happy, then we will state the above "facts"as often as you'd like. Peace.:wave:

The world Hindu is older then Islam. IOriginated from the Indus river, which was called Sindhu by Indians. Persians couldn't pronounce it correctly and it evolved into "Hindu" then later Hindustan, Hind, Al-Hind, etc.

India or Hindustan is bigger then Northern or North west India buddy. Parts of India. When that was happening in the north the Cholas had territory in South East Asia.

Totally irrelevant, buddy. You guys are pathetic. Whoever started all these by claiming "Bharati" is an Urdu word, is an idiot. In Bangla, india is not india last time I checked, neither hindustan.

Besides, it's good that we are joining hands in the economic front. If it helps Tata export their trucks to Europe without paying tax, it's definitely worth pursuing for them. I wonder if some of the profits will be kept in BD and reinvested. Hmmm.

Okay, okay gentlemen! Let us put an end to the flame war. Let us all agree that India = America and Tata is the biggest company in the world. If that makes you gentlemen happy, then we will state the above "facts"as often as you'd like. Peace.:wave:

Not a flame war from side friend but looks like you are not happy with some true figures.. are you ?......

I am just showing some figures in response to comment "most of India's GDP will be earned by TATA"

India != America second fact...

and about TATA's investments in BD is not any kind of blessing from TATA. It is thumb rule that jobs and work from more industrially advance countries go to other less industrially advance counties.
It is applicable to Indian (we are getting work from America and Europe ) and from India and China it will come to BD.

Many big Indian textile companies are also working in BD and have some big plans of expansions.

UNBconnect... - Bangladesh receives proposals worth $1 billion Indian investment

Indian company investing on Bangladeshi EPZ Business DHAKA NEWS

Totally irrelevant, buddy. You guys are pathetic. Whoever started all these by claiming "Bharati" is an Urdu word, is an idiot. In Bangla, india is not india last time I checked, neither hindustan.

Besides, it's good that we are joining hands in the economic front. If it helps Tata export their trucks to Europe without paying tax, it's definitely worth pursuing for them. I wonder if some of the profits will be kept in BD and reinvested. Hmmm.

Very nice question....
I can throw some light on this ...

Initially all profit get invested in destination country ( Here BD). Generally companies plan to expand business in steps for Automobile manufacturing company it will be 4-5 years. So TAT will need money for next 4-5 years to expand their operations. This money will come from profit they made. It is JV so only part of profit will come to TATA. and knowing potential of BD's local market and its export potential TATA would like to expand its operations in long terms.

I personally knows many people from kolkata who are doing or interested to invest in BD on small scale and then expand their operations in next 5-8 years from returns from their investments in BD.

It was irrelevent, and I shouldnt have even bothered. You should have said something to the one that started it too.

Good bye.

Hope for Indo-Bangla relations to progress... or not.

Yes I know about that.. it was a wrong decision... but if you still take in to consideration about the quality ... do you think it would be wise to bring those car even for personal use???

If the import is legal then its the consumer who will judge the real value of the car.

You are a rare case of someone starting off well(as you did when you started the thread) and who then plays an active part in destroying the very same thread.

to each his own, I guess.

Well he is throwing it out in the open doesn't mean he is for it. It shows he is not only starting threads that cater to his beliefs and views.

Last edited:
:cheesy: sh*ty cars

The Automotive industry in India is one of the largest in the world and one of the fastest growing globally. India manufactures over 11 million 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles and exports about 1.5 million every year.[1] It is the world's second largest manufacturer of motorcycles, with annual sales exceeding 8.5 million in 2009.[2] India's passenger car and commercial vehicle manufacturing industry is the seventh largest in the world, with an annual production of more than 2.6 million units in 2009.[3] In 2009, India emerged as Asia's fourth largest exporter of passenger cars, behind Japan, South Korea and Thailand.[4]

Look who is talking indian car sh*ty
those who Cant even produce motorcycle

Marutis sell for much less than other cars in Dhaka. But people are not rushing to buy it. Its competing against Toyota, Nissan, and Hondas. Toyota is the brand that everyone trusts, the ones that can afford to buy a car. Indians never had Toyotas or Hondas to compare to the likes of Maruti. I believe the only options Indian folks had was the legendary Ambassador.

Several brands have been purchased and sole for this purpose in automobile industry. For instance, Mercedes is owned by Chrysler, Aston Martin by Ford, Renault by Nissan & (audi, bentley, buggati, lamborghini) by volkswagon but none of them (except incase of the last one) bring any fancy to the parent companies.
Actually Chrysler is now run by Fiat. Mercedes owned Chrysler & not the other way around. Aston Martin is not owned by Ford anymore. was sold off to a consortium from the middle east about 3 years ago.

Land Rover and Jaguar in short nearly all the british brands have had a bad reputation for serious quality issues. If you own a Land rover or a jaguar then its a norm to have something repaired whenever your car goes for regular service.

That was true earlier not anymore. Now Jaguar tops the JD power list for quality as well as sales satisfaction.

Jaguar and Mini lead 2010 J.D. Power U.S. Sales Satisfaction - egmCarTech
Jaguar achieves highest Sales Satisfaction score in JD Power study - - JamaicaObserver.com
2009 JD Power Vehicle Dependability Study

So what do you call India/Bharat/Hindusthan in Bengali?

Marutis sell for much less than other cars in Dhaka. But people are not rushing to buy it. Its competing against Toyota, Nissan, and Hondas. Toyota is the brand that everyone trusts, the ones that can afford to buy a car. Indians never had Toyotas or Hondas to compare to the likes of Maruti. I believe the only options Indian folks had was the legendary Ambassador.

True about existing brand value and consumer satisfaction.

Although Ambassador didn't have any rival(which was the reason they never bothered to enhance the quality), but that is not the case with Tata, Mahindra, Maruti etc etc now. Since the market was opened in 1991, all Indian car makers had to compete with global players and survive at the same time. Total sale of cars by Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Honda, Fords etc etc in India should be many time more that that of Bangladesh.

we call that weird country "bharot "(pronounced like that) over here

This will give the readers an idea of Indian car market.

Domestic Indian automotive companies

Tata Indigo Manza.
Chinkara Motors[43]: Beachster, Hammer, Roadster 1.8S, Rockster, Jeepster, Sailster
Hindustan Motors[44]: Ambassador
ICML[45]: Rhino Rx
Mahindra[46]: Major, Xylo, Scorpio, Bolero
Premier Automobiles Limited[47]: Sigma, RiO
San Motors[48]: Storm
Tata Motors[49]: Nano, Indica, Indica Vista, Indigo, Indigo Manza, Indigo CS, Sumo, Safari, Xenon, Aria

Foreign automotive companies in India

Vehicles manufactured or assembled in India

BMW India[51]: 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series.
Fiat India[52] (in collaboration with Tata Motors): Grande Punto, Linea, Palio Stile.
Ford India[53]: Ford Figo, Ikon, Fiesta, Endeavour.
General Motors India[54]
Chevrolet (CSPIL)[55]: Spark, Beat, Aveo U-VA, Aveo, Optra, Cruze, Tavera.
Honda Siel[56]: Jazz, City, Civic, Accord.
Hyundai Motor India[57]: Santro, i10, i20, Accent, Verna Transform, Sonata Transform.
Mahindra Renault[58]: Logan
Maruti Suzuki[59]: 800, Alto, WagonR, Estilo, A-star, Ritz, Swift, Swift DZire, SX4, Omni, Versa, Eeco, Gypsy, Grand Vitara
Mercedes-Benz India: C-Class, E-Class.
Mitsubishi[60] (in collaboration with Hindustan Motors)[61]: Lancer, Lancer Cedia, Pajero
Nissan Motor India[62]: Micra.
Toyota Kirloskar[63]: Corolla, Innova, Camry.
Volkswagen India[64][65]: Polo, Vento, Jetta, Passat.
Audi India: A4, A6, Q5.
Škoda Auto India[66][67]: Fabia, Octavia, Laura, Superb.

Vehicles imported to India
Audi[68]: A8, S4, S6, S8, TT, R8, Q5, Q7.
Bentley[69]: Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Continental GT, Continental Flying Spur, Mulsanne.
BMW[70]: 5 Series GT, 6 Series, 7 Series, X1, X3, X5, X6, X6 M, M3, M5, M6 and Z4.
Bugatti[71]: Veyron
Chevrolet: Captiva.
Fiat[52]: 500, Bravo.
General Motors[72]: Hummer H2, Hummer H3.
Honda[73][74]: Civic Hybrid, CR-V.
Hyundai[75]: Santa Fe.
Jaguar[76]: XF, XJ, XK.
Lamborghini[77]: Gallardo, Murciélago.
Land Rover[78]: Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Discovery 4, Freelander 2.
Maybach[79]: 57 and 62.
Mercedes-Benz[80]: CL-Class, GL-Class, M-Class, R-Class, CLS-Class, S-Class, SL-Class, SLK-Class, Viano, SLS.
Mitsubishi: Montero, Outlander, Evo X.
Nissan[81]: Teana, X-Trail, 370Z,
Porsche[82][83]: 911, Boxster, Panamera, Cayman, Cayenne.
Rolls Royce[84]: Ghost, Phantom, Phantom Coupé, Phantom Drophead Coupé.
Škoda[66]: Yeti, Superb.
Suzuki: Grand Vitara.
Toyota[63]: Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado, Fortuner*, Prius.
Volkswagen[85]: Beetle, Touareg, Phaeton.
Volvo[86]: S60, S80, XC60, XC90.

Commercial Vehicle manufacturers in India

Local Brands
Ashok Leyland[87]
Force[88]
Mahindra Navistar[89]
Premier[47]
Tata[90]
AMW[91]
Swaraj Mazda[92]
[edit]Foreign Brands
Volvo[93]