What's new

Taliban gun down teacher for not hiking 'salwar' above ankles

haviZsultan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Taliban militants killed a Pakistani teacher in the Swat valley during a row about having his trousers above his ankles while offering prayers.

Amjad Islam, a former mujahideen, who fought against the Soviet occupation forces in Afghanistan, and was working as a teacher in a private school in the Swat valley, was gunned down on Thursday.

The militants then went to Islam's house and gunned down his father, Ghani Akbar, a lawyer by profession, the Times of India reported Friday.

The militants later hung Islam's body from a pole in the College Square in the town of Matta and warned the locals not to touch it till Friday. But the local jirga intervened and the body was taken down and moved to Islam's house.

Local witnesses said that when the militants asked Islam to hitch his trousers above his ankles, he heeded their orders while telling them he was a former mujahideen and knew about Islam. He also said nobody could be forced to pull up his trousers above the ankles, the report said.

His arguments angered the militants and led to a scuffle, the locals said.

The teacher, who had a pistol, fired at the militants and killed a Taliban fighter and wounded two others. He then tried to flee but the militants shot and stabbed him, killing him instantly.

FTP/HAR

God Damnit! I knew this guy. Last I heard he was pissed about the destruction of schools.

**** the Taliban and their entire khandaan. Bastards.

Tehreek e kafireen. They call themselves muslims. These bastards must have their entire generations wiped out. What is the army doing? These guys families should be taken and tortured to death.

Kill every taliban. I swear next time i hear this sort of news i will go back. Take a weapon and blast as many taliban in Swat as I can. The swat taliban are the worst of animals.

Killing the family of a taliban man will create more talibs, Its not the solution. The family cannot be blamed for a mans deeds, a man must pay for his deed himself I believe.

Killing has led us nowhere but to more killing. Injustices must be rooted out, then only will the Taliban cease to exist.

Morons.

The tradition of wearing the shalwar over the ankles was introduced as a sign of humility way back when all the rich people purposely wore longer clothing which was dragged around on the ground.

This is not true today. People don't wear long gowns, especially not as a symbol of being rich.

From these people the spiritual element of Islam has vanished and they are just mindless zombies who are following what their older generation has told them, they can't think for themselves. These are just the same Quraysh like people the Prophet had to face in his time, who wouldn't listen to his message because their own ancestors had told them about a God for every little thing. Their Islam has made it very easy to kill people.

Killing the family of a taliban man will create more talibs, Its not the solution. The family cannot be blamed for a mans deeds, a man must pay for his deed himself I believe.

Killing has led us nowhere but to more killing. Injustices must be rooted out, then only will the Taliban cease to exist.

I agree. There is much more behind this. We need to look at what is fueling the insurgency. The root cause has to be adressed. But dont worry about my raving though. My meter goes high prettyyyyyy quick when i hear of my people being killed by barbarians.... I will find it hard to tolerate animals like these. They did'nt even leave his father. I love my country beyond anything else. Its like being stabbed constantly and being able to do nothing for me.

Anyway Amjad was a great man. When i met him he just said he was frustrated with the burning of schools. He never told me he fought in afghanistan. I am proud that he took down 1 talibani animal and crippled 2 other bastards before he went. I hope the ones he wounded are so badly wounded enough that their lives are ruined. Torture is better sometimes. I salute this guy.

He is an inspiration. I wish i was in Swat so I could massacre some taliban. Killer race. Vampiric blood suckers.

Morons.

The tradition of wearing the shalwar over the ankles was introduced as a sign of humility way back when all the rich people purposely wore longer clothing which was dragged around on the ground.

This is not true today. People don't wear long gowns, especially not as a symbol of being rich.

From these people the spiritual element of Islam has vanished and they are just mindless zombies who are following what their older generation has told them, they can't think for themselves. These are just the same Quraysh like people the Prophet had to face in his time, who wouldn't listen to his message because their own ancestors had told them about a God for every little thing. Their Islam has made it very easy to kill people.

I agree. It pains me. It hurts that this is happening in my country and I am sitting in a foreign land. I feel like a traitor to my people. I can be cheerful most of the time but this is intolerable for me and sets me on fire. Its worst form of torture for me. I am first of all sitting away from my country and then there are animals massacring my people. I knew this guy. I met him when i went as journalist there.

The taliban will pay one day for doing what they are doing. May their entire generations be wiped out in the most horrible ways. Ameen!

Absolute death to the Taliban InshaAllah.

Taliban militants killed a Pakistani teacher in the Swat valley during a row about having his trousers above his ankles while offering prayers.

Amjad Islam, a former mujahideen, who fought against the Soviet occupation forces in Afghanistan, and was working as a teacher in a private school in the Swat valley, was gunned down on Thursday.

The militants then went to Islam's house and gunned down his father, Ghani Akbar, a lawyer by profession, the Times of India reported Friday.

The militants later hung Islam's body from a pole in the College Square in the town of Matta and warned the locals not to touch it till Friday. But the local jirga intervened and the body was taken down and moved to Islam's house.

Local witnesses said that when the militants asked Islam to hitch his trousers above his ankles, he heeded their orders while telling them he was a former mujahideen and knew about Islam. He also said nobody could be forced to pull up his trousers above the ankles, the report said.

The teacher, who had a pistol, fired at the militants and killed a Taliban fighter and wounded two others. He then tried to flee but the militants shot and stabbed him, killing him instantly.

FTP/HAR

Interesting, i have know of beating but actually killing someone of for a minor error is beyond even the Heathen so called "Taliban", no i fear there is more to this. Similar to the killing of Gen. Alvi, there is something that does not quite feel right...

Teacher should not open fire first,if he killed two person as per local islamic jirga rules ,teacher should be punished.

This type of incident are common in trible belt this should not be linked with present resistance in frontier against US policies of our government.

It's a fake story.

Yes, the Taliban did kill this guy. BUT not over not hiking his `salwar` above ankles.

FTP/HAR

he is a shaheed
he died for what was right and did not bow down to evil
he is a hero

I am pissed, we should evacuate the area and throw some chemical bombs on it, there is no other solution

The teacher fired in self defence. He had the right to..and then what was the reason for gunning down his father?

Back
Top Bottom