What's new

N. Waziristan Taliban revoke peace accord; tell locals to leave

Exactly. In the past he used to threaten of breaking peace accord whenever heavy civilian casaulties used to occur but in kayani times, pak army used to immediatey halt aggression and lift curfew after his threat. This raheel shareef, on the other hand, is pissing on his face since december 2013. Pak army is contineously carrying out heavy air strikes, shelling etc and small ground operations. Wazirs already told me that scale of intentional or unintentional civilian casaulties during raheel sharif's reign, is unprecedented. Locals were putting pressure on gul bahadur to reteliate back.

Are you "Smarty" of pashtunforums

Media blackout of North Waziristan. Do you know what that means TTP?

There is war in the air. I hope you can hear the footsteps of thousands and tanks and artillery and jets rolling in. They can still surrender, any sane man would because there will be a lot of pain and death will be in vain. I feel sorry for the people in TTP who will stay and fight.

Not just last two air blitz, Hafiz gul bahadur came under intense pressure after gunship helicopter shelling of mirali city in december 2013 in which more than 80 people, almost all civilians, died. He is contineously making threats of breaking peace accord for last 6 months, but raheel shareef is not taking him seriously. This gul bahadur is a careful and calculated man, his decision of breaking peace accord, is not a sudden outburst. During last 6 months, he had already sensed that after TTP, he is next target. It is clear to every one that raheel shareef is not kayani.

It seems like terrorists are considered professionals (like engineers, software engineers etc.) in your worldview. You have huge respect for terrorists because they are pashtuns, do you have same emotions and respect for terroists in the rest of the world for example tamil tigers in srilanka.

Last edited:
He has sheltered foreign and TTP fighters in stark breech of the peace treaty he signed. This man has no Ghayrat and his words are no better than a hypocrite. He had his time. If he wants to call off the agreement then that is his call. His desperation clearly shows by his threats of people to refuse government help. If he was so brave, bold and fighting for the deen why the threats?

He has made his bed. His several hundred fighters won't do much more than is already being done. He does hold some sway with the tribes, but the tribes themselves are sick of all the conflict, so it is a double edged sword i.e. his choice to make war and who will back him.

To be honest a surgical strike on him would make matters far easier.

The people living in Waziristan have enormous potential. These are resilient and hard working people. They just need the proper guidance to join us in the modern world. They can start achieving their ambitions and finally have happiness.

TTP and their sympathizers are an odd bunch, they are mostly suffer ill mental health, delusions of grandeur, Afghans living abroadd and psychopaths. It is a product of its environment. They have been left alone in the mountains for too long.

People are being kept for fulfilling their dreams because of the ego of some. How can anyone agree to live like a peasant in the mountains under constant fear? When the possibilities are vast to develop the area and become successful and wealthy.

Mam you're a Waziri?

Your one liner explains it all, thanks!

lols, no. I do have sources up there including waziri, mehsudi and dawar friends..
i am just a wanna be journolist with some God given (thnks to daddy) sources :)

He has sheltered foreign and TTP fighters in stark breech of the peace treaty he signed. This man has no Ghayrat and his words are no better than a hypocrite. He had his time. If he wants to call off the agreement then that is his call. His desperation clearly shows by his threats of people to refuse government help. If he was so brave, bold and fighting for the deen why the threats?

He has made his bed. His several hundred fighters won't do much more than is already being done. He does hold some sway with the tribes, but the tribes themselves are sick of all the conflict, so it is a double edged sword i.e. his choice to make war and who will back him.

Pakistan Army can't afford to alienate everyone. Although I am a strong supporter of Kill All Taliban, but honestly, our army cant do it.

Our army has stupid people in their ranks (especially high up.. e.g. Ret Lt Gen Shahid Aziz) who support Taliban!! How can you defeat Taliban when you have their supporters inside you?

Btw, for those "blind" red topi followers.. Gul Bahadur is a so called "good' talib, part of Afghan Taliban.. yet he has ordered everyone NOT to send "mujahideen" to Afghanistan in the coming days to battle it out with Pakistan.. and apparently Afghan Taliban are on board with him!! Now what does your stupid lal topi says?

Gul Bahadur is a so called "good' talib, part of Afghan Taliban.. yet he has ordered everyone NOT to send "mujahideen" to Afghanistan in the coming days to battle it out with Pakistan.. and apparently Afghan Taliban are on board with him!! Now what does your stupid lal topi says?

The locals will not back this move and the cause will loose steam. Mehsuds have pulled out and so will others who want peace. Do you understand how quickly Pak army can conquer terrain? This isn't NATO my dear, scared white kids. We know this terrain and we fight hard. Any normal straight thinking person will choose peace and hope many do.

We will push them to the border and secure it. Many TTP will die. When I say many I means 10s of thousands. Will be a massacre.

l
Pakistan Army can't afford to alienate everyone. Although I am a strong supporter of Kill All Taliban, but honestly, our army cant do it.

Our army has stupid people in their ranks (especially high up.. e.g. Ret Lt Gen Shahid Aziz) who support Taliban!! How can you defeat Taliban when you have their supporters inside you?

Btw, for those "blind" red topi followers.. Gul Bahadur is a so called "good' talib, part of Afghan Taliban.. yet he has ordered everyone NOT to send "mujahideen" to Afghanistan in the coming days to battle it out with Pakistan.. and apparently Afghan Taliban are on board with him!! Now what does your stupid lal topi says?

You're right about not alienating everyone but what should the forces do, let him attack at will?

I can't stand the Taliban in any way, shape or form. They are the very antithesis of our faith.

lols, no. I do have sources up there including waziri, mehsudi and dawar friends..
i am just a wanna be journolist with some God given (thnks to daddy) sources :)

The biggest problem is not the capability but some of the officer in PA having soft heart for talibans

He has basically declared war against Pakistan. In a straight forward fashion, he is telling his tribesmen that you wont take refuge in "enemy's camps" otherwise you will be percieved as enemies. This is not taliban thing, but it is the influence of FCR, political agents issue commands like this. And gul bahadur has established a parrallel governament.
Mehsuds of TTP, gained control of their tribe through assassinations of malaks and other opponents, through badmashi. Gul bahadur, on the other hand, has backing of whole utmanzai tribe, through respect and charisma. If you go against them, it means war against whole utmanzai wazir tribe. You are not dealing with just a taliban, gul bahadur is essentially a tribal warlord. He is contributing to the cause of Afghan taliban since 2007,so you are also offending afghan taliban. As well as waziri taliban of late maulvi nazir. Raheel surely thinks on black and white lines, a sign of a paka fauji.

whatever gives peace to your mind, think that.
Mashra, wazhaghezha kana, raheel shareef barey chey dey cha khyal da? Charanga sarray da, khwash ye warna ka na?

A very tough fight may be coming and whole villages / towns going to get levelled. Huge destruction of man and infrastructure.

Taimi Bhai what do you make of this move ? Do you think the Army should go for it or is it really as wrong a move as Imran Khan makes it out to be - One that has drawn parallels with East-Pakistan & possible secession of Waziristan from Pakistan ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom