What's new

N. Waziristan Taliban revoke peace accord; tell locals to leave

Agreed. But may be "their" may turn out to mean Pak army :-)?

No offense but joke is not appreciated. These scums are friends to no one and many soldiers sacrificed their lives so i wouldn't doubt the resolve of our soldiers. I belong to family of soldiers and martyrs and even now my cousin is in North Waziristan fighting these scums.

It clearly seems that the situation in the Northern Waziristan region remains volatile with Gul Bahdur’s TTP group threatening to continue with their attacks on Pakistani forces and people who support them. Pakistanis have suffered enough by the mayhem created by these terror groups. We appreciate the counter terrorism efforts of the Pakistani security forces and hope the threats by this group will also be neutralized, so the people of the region do not suffer at the hands of the terrorists. We stand by with the people and the government of Pakistan in their quest for peace.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command

When will full operation start???

These empty threats are just words, they can't scare us anymore. One day they are our brothers and next day they are playing football with our peoples heads. Blowing up markets killing women and children.

We need full control of NW and I want that Pakistan flag flying high in the valley.

Is that because of collateral damages in recent strikes?
Exactly. In the past he used to threaten of breaking peace accord whenever heavy civilian casaulties used to occur but in kayani times, pak army used to immediatey halt aggression and lift curfew after his threat. This raheel shareef, on the other hand, is pissing on his face since december 2013. Pak army is contineously carrying out heavy air strikes, shelling etc and small ground operations. Wazirs already told me that scale of intentional or unintentional civilian casaulties during raheel sharif's reign, is unprecedented. Locals were putting pressure on gul bahadur to reteliate back.

Due to the huge collatoral damage in the last two blitz on NW by the Army. Even last time he threatened to break off peace ties with Army but Army managed to console him. This time it might get difficult!!
Not just last two air blitz, Hafiz gul bahadur came under intense pressure after gunship helicopter shelling of mirali city in december 2013 in which more than 80 people, almost all civilians, died. He is contineously making threats of breaking peace accord for last 6 months, but raheel shareef is not taking him seriously. This gul bahadur is a careful and calculated man, his decision of breaking peace accord, is not a sudden outburst. During last 6 months, he had already sensed that after TTP, he is next target. It is clear to every one that raheel shareef is not kayani.

Hopefully once have full control of Waziristan we can break this tribe culture.

I want to see the area industrialized by force and anyone under 18 in full time education studying curriculum created by Pak army.

Give it 10-15 years and they will be walking around in suits arriving in Karachi and Lahore ready to do business.

The whole region is a laughing stock. We control the borders not your stupid little tribe.

no he is misguided by his fellow shura members about possible operation in waziristan ISI operatives will definitely solve the problem and bring him back to sign a peace deal with extra money

na he will sign the peace deal with extra dollars or saudi riyal given to him by ISI
This gul bahadur, has positive reputation. To give you the idea, he doesnt use suicide bombers neither he believe in attacking civilians. He is grandson of legendery faqir of ipi and has backing of utmanzai wazir tribe (unlike TTP, he has backing of traditional tribal elders). He has also support of taliban groups of Ahmadzai wazirs of S.waziristan. He is also respectable figure in dawar tribe. And he is linked with haqqani network. He is commander of baitullah mehsud level, for such reasons pak army wanted non-aggression pact with him, even though he violated it by giving refuge to mehsud TTP fighters.
@nuclearpak

A very tough fight may be coming and whole villages / towns going to get levelled. Huge destruction of man and infrastructure.

Main goal will be to push this idiot back into Afghanistan so we can rebuilding the area and show the locals there is more to life than being a slave of your tribal elder, living day to day in the mountains. I am sure the youth are waiting for the moment when they can start learning skills and get themselves away from this hell these tribal elders have created for their people by ruling with fear.

Army needs to counter this and hand out their own pamphlets, airdrop them everywhere. How can you compare a hospital with anything Taliban can provide to the people there?

Our Army allows him to host foreigners to wage "jihad" in Afghanistan.. this is what I used to say.. they will come to bite the hand that feeds em. thats why we cant trust ANY taliban and ALL are the same!! Bound togather by same ideology!

We need to further split them.. maybe pay off half of Gul Bahadur's shura to form a new taliban group that fights with gul bahadur. lols
This is not a matter of lols. He has given 'command' to wazirs, not to take refuge in governament's camps but take refuge in Afghanistan. Do you have any idea what does it mean?. Utmanzai wazirs have no tribal links with khost, their tribal links are with bannu (FR bannu and Domail tehsil are waziri areas). They would take refuge in Afghanistan as protest , tribal elders of utmanzai wazirs have already hinted that this time they would take a tangent approach and would seek refuge from kabul. Now study the history of wazirs , they have a history with kabul. Gul bahadur's grandfather was 'president' of azad pashtunistan, centred in north waziristan. That mini pashtunistan was supported at that time by wazirs, dawars, bhittani, bannuchi and marwat tribes. No military action was taken against them and the pashtunistan slowly died as these tribes were geared for wars, not peace.
@Aeronaut @mafiya, @pakdefender @Secur

^^

No it died because 50,000 Pakistanis died and their leaders got drunk off money from foreign agencies. Drugs, extortion and assassinations is what funds them. Their moral cause died a long time ago.

After one Air strike on his As* he will suddenly feel the need for peace again like always , but this time around he is vastly underestimating Gen Raheel , he does not have the patience for gen Kyani , He is General who sees things in Black and white , you have seen the example of which in recent events .
He reminds me of general tikka khan, the consequences could be similar.

Gul Bahadur has blood of our people on his hands , even with the peace accord this guy attacked Army convoys and at times he delivered painful blows which the Army had to leave unanswered due to 'peace accord' and also because army was engaged in combat operations in Swat and South Waziristan , so this was bound to happen that Gul Bahdur and Army would fall out of favor at some point , I guess now that point has arrived.

Back
Top Bottom