What's new

N. Waziristan Taliban revoke peace accord; tell locals to leave

Evac the people (give them proper facilities,residence etc)... seal the border... send in the UCAVs,UAVs,Arty,tanks,mortars n infantry.. talibastard genocide...

REBUILD the area and settle FATA (cancel its autonomous status) once and for all..
Rebuild the FATA? .Villages, houses, bazaars, mosques etc are flattened to ground by army from bajaur to waziristan and for the last ten years, governament has not rebuilt even a single village. This is not army's job but as they have taken control of entire FATA from political administration so its their responsiblity to rebuild what they destroy in bombings.

Rebuild the FATA? .Villages, houses, bazaars, mosques etc are flattened to ground by army from bajaur to waziristan and for the last ten years, governament has not rebuilt even a single village. This is not army's job but as they have taken control of entire FATA from political administration so its their responsiblity to rebuild what they destroy in bombings.

This video shows otherwise.

Come join us in reality my friend.

Pak army has resources to "conquer" and "clear" North waziristan within few months. But as pointed out by our mashar @taimi khan, whole villages will be flattened with huge collateral damages, just like previous operations.
But if gul bahadur is able to inflict heavy casaulties on pak army,... then army might go for treaty, just like in the past when pak army signed treaty with baitullah mehsud after operation against him failed. Though this time army might not entertain it and proceed on despite of casaulties.
Any outcome is possible, military defeat of gul bahadur is certain but it is the consequences, aftermath which should be kept in mind.

I think we all are aware , what the seventh largest armada in the world is capable of , this has been known for quite some time that the agency can be cleared in two weeks as per last reports . The problem of course has been with the civilian causalities , wavering loyalties and other complexities of the region though now it appears that Pakistan Army has seen past that and is now willing to engage the terrorists in the region whole heartedly . Yes , we had a pact with Gul Bahadur , but hosting foreign terrorists on our soil and attacking the army has already rendered it null and void . The peace talks have failed , first by dilly dallying and later by infighting amongst the TTP . Its time for the final showdown , I believe , cant really let that burn the country for long .

Any outcome is possible , but I think we know the most probable one . People are leaving , aren't they ? That is what the " parallel Govt " wants . There's shouldn't be much collateral then , a sad reality of war .

Then you have no idea about pashtun/Afghan society. They are not candidates of assemblies, begging votes. They are warlords, commanders who earn followers and respect through their commanding personalities and firmness. Strong ones within tribes are respected if they prove themeselves. In the past such people used to become chief of tribe after voting in jirga. During british times, malaks and khans became hereditory like nawabs and started recieving money from british.

That didn't answer what I stated. Anyway, his "firmness" will be put to the test now. Warlords and commanders come and go very quickly.

I think we all are aware , what the seventh largest armada in the world is capable of , this has been known for quite some time that the agency can be cleared in two weeks as per last reports . The problem of course has been with the civilian causalities , wavering loyalties and other complexities of the region though now it appears that Pakistan Army has seen past that and is now willing to engage the terrorists in the region whole heartedly . Yes , we had a pact with Gul Bahadur , but hosting foreign terrorists on our soil and attacking the army has already rendered it null and void . The peace talks have failed , first by dilly dallying and later by infighting amongst the TTP . Its time for the final showdown , I believe , cant really let that burn the country for long .

Any outcome is possible , but I think we know the most probable one . People are leaving , aren't they ? That is what the " parallel Govt " wants . There's shouldn't be much collateral then , a sad reality of war .
People are leaving, not towards KPK but khost, Afghanistan , where their elders will be contacted by NDS. You know that tribals are tied to pakistan due to better economic incentives. But for the last ten years, their villages are flattened , properties destroyed and 2.5 million of them are displaced. Curfews, humiliating house searches, shelling , drone, jets etc are driving them mad. Tribals have higher tolerance to wars than other pakistanis but every qaum has certain threshold, a boiling point...its ten years of wars yet they have not rebelled yet, they are like pressure cooker, on verge of exploding. If they explode, it would be worse scenario than 1971, you will be dealing with militant tribes not bengalis, remember that pashtuns have very long border with punjab, even house of raheel shareef will be within reach.

Our Army allows him to host foreigners to wage "jihad" in Afghanistan.. this is what I used to say.. they will come to bite the hand that feeds em. thats why we cant trust ANY taliban and ALL are the same!! Bound togather by same ideology!

We need to further split them.. maybe pay off half of Gul Bahadur's shura to form a new taliban group that fights with gul bahadur. lols

I am talking about Uzbeks, Tajiks, Arabs, French, Africans and other European wannabes.

@Pak-one

Huzoor whats the update ?

I am talking about Uzbeks, Tajiks, Arabs, French, Africans and other European wannabes.

@Pak-one

Gul bahadur himself is not fan of uzbeks, it is hard work of haqqani group that you see foriegners in NW. A dawar from mirali told me that there are uzbeks and other foriegners settled in Mirali. So it makes sense why pak army is targetting mirali again and again.

Gul bahadur himself is not fan of uzbeks, it is hard work of haqqani group that you see foriegners in NW. A dawar from mirali told me that there are uzbeks and other foriegners settled in Mirali. So it makes sense why pak army is targetting mirali again and again.

I think its just another episode of cat & mouse. Army will do the spanking on TTP while negotiations stay on and resume till a middle ground is reached.

@Pak-one

I am also talking about Uzbeks,turks, afghans, chinese, arabs, blacks etc etc.. They ALSO go to Afghanistan for "jihad". They taught the pathans how to make remote control IEDs etc..

Not exactly correct. Its Gul Bahadur and Haqqani's blessing tht uzbeks are in NWA.. It was actually Mullah Nazir (South Waziristan) who had a problem with Uzbeks (and a War.. althought he later apologised and reconciled with Alqaeda..).. At that time uzkeks were driven out of Wana to Miranshah/Mirali etc..

I am also talking about Uzbeks,turks, afghans, chinese, arabs, blacks etc etc.. They ALSO go to Afghanistan for "jihad". They taught the pathans how to make remote control IEDs etc..

Not exactly correct. Its Gul Bahadur and Haqqani's blessing tht uzbeks are in NWA.. It was actually Mullah Nazir (South Waziristan) who had a problem with Uzbeks (and a War.. althought he later apologised and reconciled with Alqaeda..).. At that time uzkeks were driven out of Wana to Miranshah/Mirali etc..
I know about maulvi nazir's clashes with uzbeks and for the same reason gul bahdur, a wazir himself like maulvi nazir, developed distaste for uzbeks, though haqqanis came in between and made sure that they dont clash with each other. Haqqnis are binding links between foreigners and local militants.

The locals will not back this move and the cause will loose steam. Mehsuds have pulled out and so will others who want peace. Do you understand how quickly Pak army can conquer terrain? This isn't NATO my dear, scared white kids. We know this terrain and we fight hard. Any normal straight thinking person will choose peace and hope many do.

We will push them to the border and secure it. Many TTP will die. When I say many I means 10s of thousands. Will be a massacre.
Oh how wrong you are and overestimating your might.

NATO has far more superior tech/weapons and scared white kids dont fight much, but they have the same pathans who live in mountains fight for them in the form of Afghan National Army. If Pakistan Army could have conqured terrain that fast, there would be No TTP in waziristan!

Fight hard? Like 71? Be realistic. I want us to win but I am not blind.

Oh and the locals are fed up to of the Taliban AND Pakistan Army both!! Because both kill them. They are the ones who die in between! So you cant really count on the locals (apart from intelligence gathering)

Oh how wrong you are and overestimating your might.

NATO has far more superior tech/weapons and scared white kids dont fight much, but they have the same pathans who live in mountains fight for them in the form of Afghan National Army. If Pakistan Army could have conqured terrain that fast, there would be No TTP in waziristan!

Fight hard? Like 71? Be realistic. I want us to win but I am not blind.

Oh and the locals are fed up to of the Taliban AND Pakistan Army both!! Because both kill them. They are the ones who die in between! So you cant really count on the locals (apart from intelligence gathering)

Mohtarma, just like every politician who needs to be maligned in the European countries is compared to the Hiter, similarly every Military campaign in Pakistan is seen as per 71 experience. It was a completely different war, under a completely different set of rules. This is COIN - its about micromanagement of events and use of surgical force, not a full fledged military campaign. If TTP was a country, it would be in ashes. The problem we face is that these buffoons use our citizens as human shields which presents us with only hard and bad choices.

Pak army has resources to "conquer" and "clear" North waziristan within few months. But as pointed out by our mashar @taimi khan, whole villages will be flattened with huge collateral damages, just like previous operations.
But if gul bahadur is able to inflict heavy casaulties on pak army,... then army might go for treaty, just like in the past when pak army signed treaty with baitullah mehsud after operation against him failed. Though this time army might not entertain it and proceed on despite of casaulties.
Any outcome is possible, military defeat of gul bahadur is certain but it is the consequences, aftermath which should be kept in mind.

Remember Bajaur? Almost Whole Bajaur was flattened during Operations. but Salarzaai Tribe stood with Pak Army through every thick and thin and now it is the least turbulent agency in FATA and almost all towns and markets were rebuild and Salarzaai's are taking care of TTP problem. One should take an example of Salarzaai tribe

Remember Bajaur? Almost Whole Bajaur was flattened during Operations. but Salarzaai Tribe stood with Pak Army through every thick and thin and now it is the least turbulent agency in FATA and almost all towns and markets were rebuild and Salarzaai's are taking care of TTP problem. One should take an example of Salarzaai tribe
That was very careful operation, conducted by general tariq khan, a pashtun. The whole Population was evacuated before bajaur operation , material losses were also not as great as in swat or S.waziristan operation. Taliban in bajaur were mostly non-locals, that is not the case in NW. Still bajauris were complaining about their displacement and life in tents (pashtuns consider mohajir life in tents and begging as greatest humiliation, thats why afghan mohajirs were looked down upon by them, untill they themselves became IDPs).
Salarzai took the matters into their own hands against taliban, to protect their area from further destruction by military operations. My marwat tribe also took care of taliban on their own, so that they dont suffer the wabaal of pak army

Back
Top Bottom